“Sorry for the inconvenience of our staying there……”

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I would like to apologise to the reception and wait staff for being such an inconvenience. Sorry our silly question asking got in the way of you discussing the football. Sorry that we expected the 'free' internet to work. Sorry that we expected luxuries at the breakfast buffet, like bacon. The cleaning staff were great, but we didnt get to meet them.

Seriously the express clearly means "sleep and then get out"!

Wouldnt bother with the holiday inn chain at all based on this experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank SiggyG66
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear SiggyG66,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay and I am delighted that you acknowledged our cleaning staff. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with our internet connection and our breakfast buffet. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Glasgow.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Nice room with comfy bed. Spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making in room. Good choice at breakfast. A little noise late and night and early in morning but to be expected with people arriving at all times. Very short walk to airport. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank handbagscotland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is 2 minutes walk from the main terminal building at Glasgow airport and was ideally placed for a pre flight stay. The room was more than adequate and I was surprised by the standard. All very clean and comfortable. The reception staff were friendly and helpful suggesting that we go and check in for our flight at 3.30am and return for breakfast after check in as the hotel breakfast opened at 4am.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the airport side.
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here one night prior to a very early flight and the hotel was fine although quite basic. Our first experience though was unfortunately very poor. The reception staff member who checked us in behaved as though he couldn't be bothered to do his job and was unhappy about even being there. He didn't seem to have coded the key cards properly as they didn't work. So I went back down to reception and told the other man on reception that the cards would not open the door. To my complete surprise he said 'calm down' in a quite rude way then tossed the cards at his colleague and said 'fix this' I was quite shocked and when the other man gave me the cards with no further comment I told them both that I would have preferred an apology for the inconvenience rather than being snarled at. Perhaps they would both benefit from watching one of their young lady colleagues who was smiling, helpful and hard working at 5am the next morning in the breakfast room.

1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here recently while on a short trip for business. The hotel is within walking distance of the airport and would be ideal for a short stop over. The hotel is bright and modern although my room was a bit grubby, certainly not dirty, just a bit tired. The bed linen and bathroom were spotless and the bed very comfortable. The room has small 14" portable CRT televisions, which are small and a bit dated compared with the LCD versions that most hotels offer these days. The hotel advertises free wi-fi in the public areas but don't get too excited as you won't be streaming video over it, but it's okay for checking email. The food in the restaurant was okay, but the breakfast was poor, although it is free. The staff in the hotel are pleasant and friendly.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank The3dge
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My friend and I stayed here the night before we flew out to Faro on a girlie week's holiday. Everything was great (at the beginning) but when we went to bed we discovered that there was a generator working outside our bedroom which meant we wouldn't have slept at all. Called reception, not a problem, they were unaware of the issue (work being done on the motorway immediately opposite the hotel) - would we like to move rooms? Great hotel, nice staff to deal with and handled a problem with skill and ability.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

stayed here the night before catching an early flight to london, and have already booked again for my next trip away.
Very clean, comfortable and exceptionally good price. I didnt bother with breakfast but was amazed to be told that the £60 I paid for a double room included a cooked breakfast if I wanted it. You can also get help yourslef to a continental breakfast if you are up really early between 4am and 6am.
The car park was very convenient, and I even got to leave my car overnight for free, as the barrier was open when I arrived in the evening so when I got back the following evening, and went to the reception desk to ask how to pay, they just gave me a ticket to get out.
very good hotel, recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Ashtree House Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!