“No car on return!”

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
“No car on return!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over night before flying out on holiday and opted for the fly and park offer. Valet parking and your car is taking elsewhere whilst you are away.

Hotel it's self is nice when you first walk in and staff were friendly. The hotel room it's self is basic but good enough for 1 night.

Opted to eat in the hotel and the food was ok but nothing more, 45 minute wait for a main course only with hungry kids seems like forever and wasn't worth the wait.

Breakfast was free and included in the price and no complaints with it.

When parking and flying you fill in a card yourself which has obvious information required like return date and time so that they can bring your car back for you. I returned late due to a delay on my flight inky to find my car was not there. The hotel staff said it need a jump start so they would get the NCP car back man to start it and bring it over. 30 mins later he appeared and was unaware of any jump start being required or in deed my car needing to be brought over! This was down to the hotel staff writing the wrong return date on an envelope! My card was removed by the NCP man to check and was as I had written, he apologised and said he would get my car as quickly as he could, no apology from hotel staff! Big thumbs up to NCP car park man though who help load my car and apologised time and time again.

I know these kind of mistakes can be made but with a delayed flight arriving in the earlier hours and young children tired and crying wanting to get home these wee mistakes cause added stress.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank body_guard70
craigrenfrew, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear body_guard70

Please accept our apologies that you car was not returned for you for the date and time that you specified on your form, we are usually quite careful when we are copying information over onto the envelopes to ensure that situations like these do not arise, we do however have a few new members of staff and this can sometimes cause mistakes to happen. I am very disappointed to hear that you were not offered an apology from a member of staff when you were waiting for your car. I sincerely apologise for any upset and inconvenience caused by this. I am pleased to hear that when you arrived you found the hotel nice and that the staff were friendly. Again, we are very sorry and I hope that this has not deterred you from staying with us again in the future.

Emma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked in here for one night prior to picking people up from airport early next morning. I was with my 22 year old daughter. The evening meal was really bad - not the waiting staff's fault; they were really nice and friendly and trying their best. But to wait an hour to get food - which had it been from Burger King or MacD's for half the price would have been unacceptable - was really not on. My daughter commented that it wasn't 'honest' charging £13 for something so bad, and I think she's right there. The room looked fine and clean - until we tried to sleep! The 'pillow choice' was a joke - all four pillows were hard lumpy rocks. The noise in the room was SO LOUD and I wondered if they were allowing Jumbos to land in the night - until I discovered that we were above the hotel's air con system which was roaring much louder than the motorway and airport put together. When I returned to bed, I noticed that there was a hole in the top sheet and bloodstain on the bottom sheet. It was then I flipped and went down to reception to complain (1am) and we were moved to another quieter room, Still hard lumpy pillows thought.....Again, daughter's comment was spot on - 'if it was a Youth Hostel' it would have been acceptable.' - but with the room (even booked in advance) costing over £90 per night, just a joke.
Breakfast was poor really - ok it's 'free' but I would rather just have had a good cup of coffee.
The staff were good - it's not their fault they have to work in such a desperate place. But I will NEVER EVER stay there again and have written to head office to tell them to up their game. They have a captive audience - why not make the food really good and then everyone would be happy? I don't mind size of room/shower room; I would have put up with a lot actually, but the main problem was the terrible, terrible quality of the food.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - and certainly never go to 119
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikkay
Dear Vikkay,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and informing us of the issues you experienced during your recent stay. We are extremely disappointed to hear how unsatisfied you were with the standard of the food and cleanliness and comfort of the room.
Thank you for getting in contact with us at the hotel which has allowed us to fully investigate all of your concerns. We are sorry to hear your stay was not up to our usual high standards and hope this will not deter you from staying at a Holiday Inn Express In the future. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff which will be passed onto them.

Yours sincerely,
Lauren
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was good... clean and easily located... room could of been better! But what made the stay amazing was the breakfast staff and by that I mean Pat... Pat was polite and helpful.. she stood out to me from all the hotels I've been to as the most helpful... I've been to the hotel several time and only go back to see Pat and receive the great service! Also Elaine the cleaner! She was great! Always come back to fresh towels and a clean room! I will return

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Byron J
craigrenfrew, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Bryon J

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post an amazing 2 star review and for your brilliant comments regarding the staff. I am delighted to see that you will come and visit us again when travelling from Glasgow Airport and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

PENICUIK
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the most convenient hotel for the airport. In the morning, if you plan to check in really early (3 hours before flight time) you can do this then go back for breakfast to the hotel, as it is only a few minutes walk from Terminal 2... Otherwise be very careful about timing to get through security!! We had dinner in the hotel, but were disappointed in that the menu appeared imaginative, but in reality my chicken was on the dry side and with frozen chips, and the rump steak was memorable - but not in a good way! Given that the restaurant appeared well used, it could have been much more enjoyable with fresh ingredients. The food quality was certainly not value for money! However the staff made up for this - they were efficient and delightfully friendly throughout the bar area, reception and restaurant, and the price for parking, overnight stay with breakfast included was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda C
craigrenfrew, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear LindaC

Thank you for great review. I am delighted that you thought our staff to be delightfully friendly and efficient whilst your stay with ourselves. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your evening meal at the hotel, we are currently running a new menu and reviewing any guests comments regarding this so we appreciate your feedback on this. I am also glad to see that you came back to the hotel to enjoy your free breakfast that we offer. We hope that you will come and vist us again.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The rooms are comfortable and fairly quiet with the usual bathroom feature of toilet basin and shower. The bar and restaurant area is larger than many Holiday Inn Express venues with a small but varied selection of food. Breakfast is continental style with the addition of scrambled eggs and sausages: not that tasty but better than nothing.
The car parking is on site and good value.
Rather expensive for what it is, but the going rate for the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Glenc002

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see that you thought your room to be comfortable whilst spending an overnight stay with us. I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your free breakfast that we offer at the hotel, we are currently reviewing our breakfast and appreciate guests feedback on this. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very small and my partner and l struggled to get our suitcases open at all (standard size cases that take up to 23kg in volume / weight). The bathroom was also tiny.

We booked a king room and were instead given a twin room with two single beds but given we arrived late and were very tired we decided it was too late to argue.

The beds are like rocks (too hard) and pillows not comfortable at all.

The saving grace was friendly staff and the breakfast which was good, the selection broad and the food still hot even at 10am.

We only stayed as we were picking up a car from the airport the next day. Next time we'll just stay in the city and get a taxi back to the airport.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
craigrenfrew, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear mimmer83

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am disappointed to hear that you were not given the room type that you had originally booked. The staff are here 24 hours a day to help with any issues that may arise during your stay and I am sure that our staff would have tried to resolve any issues that experienced no matter how late it is to ensure that you had pleasant stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff were friendly, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are sorry that we will not get a chance to welcome you back at the hotel again.

South Devon, UK
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Obviously handy for the airport ! Hotel is clean, breakfast is okay and would stay again. Food in an evening not so good but can always eat elsewhere/the airport. The car park is right by the side of it so if there were any hotel and parking packages, would be good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear jodola

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your meal at the hotel, we do update our menu's every so often and try and keep a selection so that there will be something for everyone. We do appreciate the feedback on this matter and it will be passed back to the appropriate member of staff. Its great to hear that although you did not enjoy the food you would stay with us again, and I am pleased to tell you that we do in fact offer a Stay Park and Fly package which is available when you book direct with the hotel. Thank you for taking your time to write this review and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Emma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
#4 of 9 in Paisley
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew

Been to Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!