Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,366 results
All reviewscovered walkwaystayed hereglasgow airportan early flightthe sofa bedfree breakfastshort walkcar parkhot fooddays parkingbeansan overnight stayterminal buildingnext morningself servicemain terminalyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I stayed at HI Express at Glasgow airport on two separate nights on either side of a trip to Germany. The staff were efficient, a smile every now and then wouldn't have killed some of them, but everything was handled well. The room was basic, but clean and comfortable. I had no issues with traffic or place noise, infact, if i hadnt wandered outside I might have forgotten I was at an airport. Breakfast was again, basic but perfectly fine. The food available to purcahse for dinner was overpriced for what it was, but no more so than it would have been had I bought it in in the airport terminal itself but both meals I had were very nice. The best thing about this hotel by far is that its a 3 minute walk to the airport terminal. So while the room and the service were fine, the locaiton is the major reason I would return to this hotel or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Right from check in to check out the service was poor. Staff have no customer service skills and are rude, despite the manager having written on here that they have all been through customer service training (I went after this comment went up, and nothing has changed)... no one went the extra mile except the girl who helped me bring my food order to my room.

It appears though as it is so close to the airport terminal they will always get customers, therefore do not need to work on providing good customer service - however, I will def stop somewhere else next time despite location and I advise you to too... don't make the same mistake I made!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
craigrenfrew, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Dear Guest,

Please accept my most sincere apologies that the service experience you encountered did not meet with your expectations. Despite being so close to the airport, customer service is still of the utmost importance and it worries me that any valued guest would encounter such poor service throughout their stay.
We have a guest service manager on duty 24 hours a day who can be contacted for any guest issues and I myself, along with my senior management would welcome the opportunity of speaking directly with someone who has encountered poor staff service. Should I not be available my contact details can be obtained from reception at any time, allowing me the opportunity to fully investigate such incidents to ensure that all guests receive the levels of service that they and I expect.

Yours sincerely

Craig Renfrew

Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed here at the end of June 2010 on the way to a weekend of walking in the Highlands. I was flying up from London in the evening, and had expected to arrive in glasgow at around 10:30. In the end, though, my flight as delayed by nearly 4 hours and it was about 2am when I finally arrived.

The hotel is less than a 5 minute walk from the front door of the terminal, and the 24-hour reception was a godsend when all I wanted to do was collapse into bed (after wreaking revenge on the idiots who had made my flight so late). The room was bog standard budget hotel - reasonable bed, small bathroom with a good shower, tiny telly and not much else. Nothing to shout about, but nothing to complain about either.

Sleep quality was fine, and for what it's worth I didn't have any of the problems reported by others with plane or traffic noise.

Breakfast was perfectly decent - a serve-yourself buffet with all the usual bits. Very good that the hotel serves breakfast from 6 til 10, so it suits those with an early flight to catch, but also anyone who wants a lie in.

This is an airport hotel, and obviously nobody who doesn't have to would choose to stay there, but you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank waziotter
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the location: a three-minute walk from the main terminal building at Glasgow airport. No shuttle necessary! But...

Everything else is mediocre. The room is pretty strange: a relatively large room, but without any closets, with the smallest TV I've ever seen in a Western hotel room (like the TV's they sold at Crazy Eddie's in the late 1980's), and a bizarre bathroom that didn't even have a real shower (there was just a drain in the floor, with a curtain hanging from the ceiling, in one corner of the bathroom). The internet, which is not cheap, is from some telecom company called "Cloud," and the signal was terrible--weak and intermittent. Since there are other airport hotels, I can't really recommend this one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
craigrenfrew, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that not all aspects of your stay were totally to your satisfaction.
The room booked was an accessible bedroom which for accessability reasons comprises of a walk in shower as opposed to a shower cubicle, which we have in all of our other room types.

Our wireless internet is provided by an extrenal company and costs £9.99 for 24 hours. Alternatively we have 2 intenet kiosks on the ground floor which provide 20 minutes of internet access for £1. Later this year we will be introducing a complimentary wireless intenet service which will be available in public areas of the hotel.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again ion the future.

Yours sincerely

Craig Renfrew

Reviewed 20 June 2010

This is a modern Holiday Inn Express located a few minutes (by foot) from the airport terminal in Glasgow. There is also a Holiday Inn at the airport, even a shorter distance from the terminal (across the street). This review is for the Holiday Inn Express. As you enter you are greeted b y the reception desk, which has a bowl of fruit free with a variety of fruits available for the taking.

The rooms here are very clean and modern. Our bed was a king (created it seems by bringing two twins together) and was very comfortable. The bathroom had a novel feature in that the door to the bathroom became the door to the toilet after it swung into the bathroom by 90 degrees; very simple and effective design. There is plenty of space in the room – it was just about perfect in size. There are many shelves and places to put things as you repack for your journey. Wake up calls are done through the TV and the process turns on music at a low level and promptly begins to increase the volume – a very nice way to way up compared with the blare of a normal alarm clock or a phone call.

The restaurant is pleasant and has a pub across the entry aisle. Food is at a 20 percent discount if ordered before 18:00. Beer is available from three draft taps in the pub. The food is rather standard for such a hotel restaurant. The baked chicken was rather good, which was a pleasant surprise. The haddock was heavily breaded and was at least reasonable, but we would not order it again. Service was pleasant – you order at the reception desk and then your order is delivered to you at your (numbered) table of choice. The breakfast is found in a small room adjacent to the area that has the tables. There is a selection of cereals, yogurt, some fruit, coffee, tea, juice, and a variety of “danish”. There is also scrambled egg sausage. All in all it was a rather complete breakfast and it could be quick start to finish if you were in a hurry. The breakfast opened at 6 AM, which is especially convenient if you have an early morning check –in.

This Holiday Inn Express was a very pleasant surprise and there is no doubt that if future travel takes us to Glasgow, we will again stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple