“Holiday Inn standard”

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Have stayed here a good many times, nice to come out of the airport straight to your hotel. Typically Holiday Inn which isn't a bad thing, confident of what you will get.
Breakfast staff were very efficient and knew what they were doing.

1  Thank MagnaFox
Duncan B, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear MagnaFox

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I am delighted to know that you were able to enjoy a relaxing stay, just as you would expect from any hotel in the Holiday Inn brand. Our location is indeed unrivalled at Glasgow Airport, and there is nothing better than knowing that after a long flight, we are just across the street

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here night before an early flight. Staff were friendly, rooms was not great, old and tired. I have no idea if there is refurbishment going on and rooms are being upgraded but it was a disaster. If I had been staying for any other reason or was spending time in the room I would have asked to switch rooms. No safe, no fridge. Big disappointment in Holiday Inn brand. I think we should have had executive rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room not much more expensive and I would hope much better

Dear dm41

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay. It's unclear why the room could be described as a "disaster", nonetheless this is extremely unsettling, and I would love to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at the email below.

Unfortunately, our standard bedrooms are not fitted with mini-bars or personal safes. These are available in our Executive Rooms.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Flew back from Dubai, cleared the airport about 8pm, couldn't face the long drive up to Inverness, so, decided to overnight at the Holiday Inn, having had a negative experience at the HI Xpress a few months ago. Should have just driven north. The room was small, the bathroom tiny, and the minibar was very poorly stocked. The shower in the bathroom could not maintain a constant temperature, and water leaked round the shower curtain onto the floor. The towels did not smell fresh. Breakfast - scrambled eggs were dry and like rubber, tried the fried eggs but the yoke was overcooked. Why they cannot have the chef just cook the eggs to order I don't know, eggs just don't keep when left out on a hot grill. The coffee was served in a mug, and quickly got cold. There was a pancake machine, but no maple syrup, only chocolate sauce. Even for an airport hotel, this is very poor value for money. Needs a lot of money spent on upgrading.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Duncan B, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear n0rcath

Thank you for your review, and for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I am truly sorry that we did not live up to expectation. On this occasion, we clearly have not delivered against our own high standards. Please rest assured your feedback is gratefully received, as this will allow us to improve the service we offer.

I would love to discuss your stay further, and would appreciate if you would contact me at the email address below so we can come to an appropriate resolution.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here the night before we flew off on our winter break. It was the first time we'd used this hotel and we were impressed with the room and how it was equipped. The only thing missing from the room were the cups from the hostess tray, so we weren't able to have a cup of coffee in the morning. Odd, as there were tumblers and wine glasses available, but no cups.

The bathroom was lovely with a good powerful shower which is always a bonus.

Given how close the hotel is to the airport, it is a great place to stay. There was little noise from inside or outside, so we both slept well. A good start to the holiday!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotchMissed
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I started a freelance contract in Glasgow in August 2013 and was looking for somewhere to stay convenient for both work and travel. I initially stayed at the Erskine Bridge Hotel as it was literally minutes from work, however, it turned out to be a perfect TV set for a Scottish version of Crossroads Motel! The rooms were nothing special, the lifts were intermittent to say the least and the staircase was just like one you'd find in any city centre multi-storey car park! The only thing missing was a tramp and the smell of urine!

So after two weeks I thought I'd try the Holiday Inn at the airport as I had used the HI/IHG group hotels plenty of times in the past. I was initially concerned about the noise from the airport as I am a light sleeper but there are no issues at all.

The staff are brilliant every single member I have met has been brilliant, very polite, very helpful. I decided to settle at the Holiday Inn for the duration of my contract and of course building up points for the IHG Rewards Club is an added bonus.

I was asked after the second week if I would like to set up a business account giving me a very good corporate rate which I decided to take the offer up, a totally painless and professional service which gives me a great inclusive rate with no advance payment etc.

I've yet to find any major issues with the rooms bar the usual little forgotten coffee top up etc, but then I've had that in nearly every hotel I've been in.

The rooms are a decent size, air conditioned and well equipped, the usual tea/coffee, toiletries, plenty of lighting, a good sized safe and an excellent size HD TV in every room.

I never get bored of the food either (surprising given how long I'm staying/have stayed), the quality is very good, the range is just right. Most nights when I get in from work I tend to just chill in the room, catch up with the family and order room service. The food arrives quickly, always piping hot and always delivered with a friendly smile!

The rest of the staff in the bar areas, reception etc are all really great, some definite assets to the hotel are Duncan and Emma on the management side, Nichola, Dawn and Donald in Reception and Margaret and the girls from room service.

I'm very happy that I chose to stay here, it makes working away from home and family that bit better when you have a good hotel staffed by brilliant people to stay in.

I step off the plane, straight in to the hotel and then a ten minute drive to work. I've yet to not have a space in the car park for the car I have here for commuting, it's a perfect location and an excellent hotel.

Whether you are looking for a hotel before or after your flight, somewhere to stay on business or a weekend with the family, I couldn't recommend anywhere better on this side of Glasgow. It will always remain my number one choice for Glasgow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in nine, they are on the corridor ends with fire escape staircase on one side...
2  Thank Piran

Dear Piran

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of your ongoing stays at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

Its so encouraging to both myself and the team to know that we are able to provide you with a relaxed, friendly and comfortable place to stay during your time working locally. It's what we strive to do, and it really is our pleasure to do so.

Please continue to contact me if there is every anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here the night as usual before my flight to Madeira.Just across from the airport staff friendly rooms okay food reasonable facilities dinning room and bar perhaps need updating but to be fair reasonable.Have stayed a good few times before early flights much improved cant beat for nearness to airport.All going well will use again for my January flight to Madeira.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bobbarclay44
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked this hotel on Hotwire and were really happy with it. It suited our needs perfectly. it was right at the Glasgow International Airport which we were leaving from the next morning. We were able to drop our rental car off right at the hotel and walk across the street to the airport!
The hotel was modern, clean and exceptionally friendly staff. We had enough time to catch a bus for downtown Glasgow, walk around there, eat and go back. The bus was only 8 euros round trip each. We had drinks and snacks in the hotel lounge and the breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Duncan B, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear helpfultraveller99

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Our core purpose is to be a Great Hotel Guests Love, and it certainly seems like we have lived up to this promise.

Please don't let it be too long before you are back at the hotel again

duncan.boyd@ihg.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Courtyard Glasgow Airport
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!