“Functional, comfortable and great location”

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent a comfortable night before flying from Glasgow airport. This Holiday Inn does not feel quite like other Holiday Inns (such as central London) - it's more of a pared down version, but this is reflected in the price. We were a little disappointed about the lack of free WiFi in the building but we were very satisfied with everything else - comfortable big bed, good bathroom and very clean throughout. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic - directly opposite the airport, so only a short hop in the morning for flight check in.
We bought the room as part of a package with parking at Flying Scot. This worked really well and we would certainly use this option again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Duncan B, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Jane_Ellen_H

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

Our Park, Stay Go package is an ideal way to start your holiday early, and it's great you were able to enjoy the comfort and convenience that the service offers.

Very soon, WIFI access will be Free to all of our valued IHG Rewards members. Make sure you sign up to the world's favourite hotel loyalty programme before your next visit to enjoy this and many more great benefits.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Previously twice reviewed - one positive, the second less so.

Now we were booked in at the start and the finish of our holiday. I chose not to take up an offer of personal attention .. why should it be necessary?

On the outward journey we were pleasantly surprised with our room which was clean and in an acceptable state. On the seventh floor. The cynic in me wondered if a computer alert had been set up so that staff could ensure we were allocated an above standard room.

On the return journey we were allocated a room on the fourth floor which appeared OK at first glance. On returning from the restaurant (which was fine although I still think the wine mark up is rather fierce) we noticed how cold the room was. Unable to get the heating/fan controls to work reception was contacted and a prompt response was made by a friendly porter. He immediately removed the control cover, laughed in an embarrassed manner explaining that the problem could not be solved as the adjustments he made would only last five minutes!. Apologising, he suggested we could either get a change of room or he could fetch a small fan heater! The fact that the problem was recognised makes me wonder why, if it has obviously been recurring, it had not been rectified. Why is it necessary for guests to have to draw to the attention of management such problems when there should be in place an internal system testing their facilities.

As this will probably be read by the manager I might as well advise that the bath in room 421 is rather slow to drain and perhaps could benefit from attention before the next guest arrives.

Also a screwdriver is required to fix the bracket on the hinged mirror which is missing two screws.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lastseenat

Dear Lastseenat

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I am sorry that your second stay was not up to our usual standard. A warm, cosy room is a basic expectation, and I appreciate the frustration caused by our inability to provide this on this occasion.

We are working hard to repair and maintain our A/C and Heating units. Sometimes, units do fail without warning, however how we react to this is vital, and it seems we have some work to do in this area.

I am also delighted to inform that we are just in the final planning phase of an exciting refurbishment program to our 4th Floor rooms and beyond. Stay tuned to our website for more details!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon to show you our improvements. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

It's right opposite the terminal building yet you don't get woken by the planes. Car hire is 2 mind away. The staff are warm and welcoming. Rooms are comfy, there's a decent breakfast and it's pretty cheap. What more can you ask for from an airport hotel?

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Happyholidaymaker100

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

It's great to receive your short but sweet review! I am delighted you were able to relax and enjoy your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Thank you for your review

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed last saturday evening on the ece of my holiday abroad.
The room was good value for money.
The food was a massive surprise to me, the quality was way above my persieved expectations and as I am a chef myself, I know a thing or 2 about descent food. I had haggis str which was the special of the day, followed by a cheese and bacon burger and a dessert. The presentation was way above the level I expected from this place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear simo1408

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I am delighted you were able to relax and start your holiday early with us, and to enjoy a great meal too! The bacon cheeseburger is one of my favourites (and I have the waistband to prove it, but hey it comes with salad, so surely that evens out the wickedness, no?!)

I hope it's not too long before you have a chance to visit us again. Thank you for your review

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I don't normally write reviews, however my experience in this place was so bad that I feel compelled to do so!
Where do I begin?
I stayed on Friday (21st) night. I checked in- no probs there. Asked for directions to the car park and the receptionist gave me a piece if paper with directions. A bit impersonal but I can live with it. I went down to the bar after a long days journey to relax. I ordered my drink in the bar and took a seat. Before sitting down I asked the girl if I could order food later. I was told by the tall girl behind the bar that they would come over.
No one did. I waited for 20mins. This is despite a manager being behind the bar the whole time. I could see both of them texting behind the bar. Eventually I went over and ordered some food. The food was brought over by the only friendly member of staff in the bar! (in my humble opinion) When the food came over it was quite tasty and was finished quickly.
I finished my meal and sat there waiting for one of the staff members to take away my empty place. Reasonable to expect a waiter/manager to take away empty dishes, I think!! During all this time a found various other staff running around like headless chicken taking drinks into the restaurant. But these two simply stood there talking to whoever they liked and texting and eating behind the bar!!
I ended up talking to some of the others in the bar area and they had all observed what I did. I have never felt like a second class citizen, but this place certainly ensured this!
Won't be coming back in a hurry!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank s s

Dear s s

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I can't begin to express the disappointment I felt when I read your review. The lack of service at our Bar is entirely unacceptable, and I am sorry you had to witness and experience a very apparent failing in our normally high service standards. I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies.

Whilst it is never pleasant to receive negative feedback, I am pleased you brought the matter to my attention. Your comments will now be used as a tool to improve our service.

I would love to hear from you, so that I may personally thank you for taking the time to voice your comments. I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me on the address below and allow me to discuss the matter further with you.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon to demonstrate the normal great service you will have come to expect from a Holiday Inn hotel.

Eagerly awaiting your communication. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

On arrival the lady at reception did not smile or welcome us. Our keys were handed over and we were not even told what floor our rooms were on or where the lifts were, standard courtesy you would expect anywhere. The rooms were dated and in need of upgrade the furniture especially was very old and worn. We tried to get food (admit it was close to 10pm) the restaurant was shut but we were directed to the bar. The staff behind the bar could tell us very little about the menu. We sat down and ordered and then spent the evening freezing as the automatic door to the side entrance were constantly opening and closing with people walking through the bar to get to wherever they had to go. The bar was basically a thoroughfare for anyone. Whoever decided to put the main bar there needs shooting, an awful position. One plus was the breakfast and the staff there were good. That's the only positive. As a businessman I would not wish to book there again unless major improvements are made. Very dissapointing.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank 849Peter

Dear 849Peter

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I am truly sorry to hear of the poor quality of stay you had with us. This is an unacceptable situation and I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies.

I would love to discuss your experience further with you. Without full details of your reservation, it is difficult to do so, so I would love if you could contact me on the email below so that we can discuss .

Whilst it is never pleasant to receive negative feedback, your comments are greatly appreciated. It is only with candid and honest feedback such as your own that we can truly ascertain the levels of service we are providing and where can improve further.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here on 12 and 23 February before morning departure and evening arrival of flight from Lanzarote.
The hotel has been refurbished and the superior rooms are well worth paying the extra for, We got a good deal to include breakfast by booking in advance.
Breakfast on both mornings as excellent, and Pat, the lady in charge was both friendly and efficient in looking after everybody.
Unfortunately the evening meals were very disappointing, as has been stated by previous guests, and the hotel really needs to look at this. I had a simple 'fish and chips' which was truly awful, with re-constituted mash potato made into formed chips and a very small portion of some weird type of fish which was verging on 'off'! What's wrong with good old-fashioned Scottish Haddock being served in a hotel welcoming guests from all over the world? The soup starter was also terrible and this experience really spoiled our stay.
The check-in and check-out were friendly and well organised and our taxi which we pre-booked on arrival, turned up on time. The check-out clerk was very understanding about my comments in connection with the restaurant and made a deduction to the bill, but it would have been so much better if a decent meal had been served up in the first place.
I would certainly use the hotel again, and can recommend it highly, - I just hope that the restaurant experience was a 'blip' and they manage to get it sorted before the start of the prestigious Commonwealth Games!

Room Tip: Go for one of the newly refurbished Superior Rooms