“A great business stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Howey in the Hills, Florida
“A great business stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I use the Holiday Inn Glasgow airport every month and find it a great place to stay on a business trip. It's as it sounds in the perfect position for the airport, just a short trip across the road. Rooms are simple, clean, comfortable and with the recent addition of wifi helps for those who like to catch up on emails and work.
Check in is pretty prompt, but I always check out early to miss the crowds of coach holiday makers heading for the Lochs. Parking is very handy just outside the main door.

Breakfast is THE BEST. Pat who runs the breakfast service is the star of the hotel. She remembers everyone's name, hot drink of choice, she's incredible.

And that's what you need on a business stay away from home, not surly staff! Thumbs up for the Holiday Inn Glasgow

Room Tip: Join the Priority Awards programme and get an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IvarvanDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Parxy

Thank you for your recent review, and for valued loyalty to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

Are you a member of our IHG Rewards club? If not, please do speak to a member of our reception team who will be more than happy to enrol you. This will enable to you to collect points across al of our IHG brand hotels and redeem them for various rewards, including free night stays.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed so many different areas of your stay with us, and have shared your feedback with all of our team. We do pride ourself in serving a great Scottish breakfast so thank you for sharing your comments.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, where I am certain you will have another great experience.

Many thanks
Ivar van Diepen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Turkish first
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Yet another good start to a holiday in this handy hotel. The deal which you get at this hotel is perfect parking for early morning flights. Food and accomodation are of a good standard. Reasonably quiet considering the location. I always enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn as it means that we are off to visit somewhere exciting!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dorvic

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I was delighted to hear you had yet another great stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future when you are heading off somewhere exciting again!

Scottish lass
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here, yet again, before an early morning flight. The location cannot be beaten and is so convenient for both off site parking and the terminal building.
Check in was as always, a breeze, with Donald greeting us like an old friend....we stay here regularly and many of the staff now recognise us which is always a good sign. The last time we stayed, we tried to submit a review, but as we had stayed within three months of our previous stay,we were unable to submit the review. In light of this, we are mentioning some people who stood out....Duncan,duty manager,Lisa and Donald at reception, Kimberley in the bar, and Pat, breakfast supervisor.
Although we have mentioned these people, all staff we encounter are very pleasant and helpful, but the aforementioned are people we meet on a regular basis during our stay.
The room, as usual was very comfortable, not huge, but satisfactory for our needs. The towels are large and good quality and the bed gives us a good sleep. The shower is powerful and water, hot.
We are IHG reward club members and this is always acknowledged when we check in.
Previous reviewers have commented on the price of everything....it is an airport hotel, so higher prices are expected, but we have always found the service, choice, quality and presentation of food to be highly satisfactory. Of course meals and drinks can always be bought in the terminal building, but the prices are not really that much cheaper,and the food tends to be more of fast food type.
The fact that we always choose to stay here when we fly from Glasgow is testament to the good service we receive from the hotel staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ScottishlassAlice

Thank you for your recent review, and your continued loyalty to our hotel at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

When reading your comments I was absolutely thrilled to learn of the great experiences you have had with us and for sharing these experiences with the travel community. I have shared your comments with all of our team who are delighted to hear their hard work is not going unnoticed.

We truly value you as an IHG rewards club member and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Keithville, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It is what it is -an airport hotel. That said, it is the perfect hotel for your last night in Scotland when you have an early A.M. flight out the next morning. You can't get any closer to the terminal unless you sleep at the gate - and the hotel is much more comfortable! It is right across the street from the front door.

The staff were most accommodating and helpful - I checked in about 4pm after a long drive from the Isle of Skye, dropped my bags at the front desk, and went on my way to a dinner meeting in Falkirk. Returning about 9 p.m. I collected my bags and went to my room without issue.

Wifi is limited to two devices - and it's a paid service, not free as I would have expected at a major name hotel. And, you are limited to two devices -- not two logged on - two devices! Having logged on with my laptop and iPad in my room, when I then met a friend for a nightcap in the bar - having shut down both the previous devices, I could not log on with my iPhone without purchasing another wifi package. However, the front desk clerk gave me a 'one hour access' package free and that sufficed for my needs.

So why average - the location is great, the staff friendly and helpful, the bar was nice. But there was little to distinguish this hotel from any other. And the room - while clean and comfortable lacked adequate electrical outlets for even the casual user. And the desk furniture was old and a bit scruffy.

Overall it was a good value for price, clean, comfortable, and with a great location for the traveler either arriving late or departing Scotland early.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
IvarvanDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear GM-macman

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport for your recent accommodation requirements.

I was delighted to hear you experienced such welcoming customer service from our Reception Team. We always try to accommodate our guests where possible with luggage requirements and glad we were able to do so.

I am pleased to inform you that of July 1st, all of our IHG Rewards Club Members will receive complimentary wifi usage. If you are not all ready a member, it only takes seconds to join and you can enjoy the free in all of our hotels.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

ELGIN
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here before a VERY early flight (0435) and couldn't fault the location! However, the food was ridiculously overpriced for what it was as there really is no alternative. We were encouraged to book a table as the restaurant was allegedly busy but this wasn't the case and when we arrived promptly the reservation hadn't even been made!

My friend booked the parking option and although it does state on the website that parking is off-site, the directions on the map and the verbal instructions given were different. Because of this, we spent another half an hour trying to find the car park making us nearly late for dinner.

Staff were helpful and the place was clean but you can't fault the location so would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TeeMor8

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport.

I do apologise you felt our menu was over priced. We do try and accommodate all of our guests with different menu options between our lounge and restaurant menus, and offer different specials each night. Our restaurant does tend to become very busy in the evening, so we do encourage all of our guests to make a reservation to guarantee them a table.

Please do accept my apologies for the confusion you received with car park directions. I have shared these comments with our Front Office Manager, who will put practices into place to ensure directions are clear for our guests.

I am delighted to hear you found our staff helpful. We do appreciate you taking the time to share these comments with us, and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Many thanks
Rotterdam
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A hotel cannot be closer to the airport than this one! Right in front of the exit! Friendly staff rooms are decent and breakfast is good. Entrance and lounge is noteworthy! Looks very good, big and nice places to sit down. Also a Starbucks is located near the reception! If you need a good hotel close to the airport this is the one to go for, nothing more to say!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear MaxPeen

I was delighted to read such a positive review and your recommendation to use us as an airport hotel.

Your comments are most appreciated, and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped for just a night prior to a morning flight. Room upgraded on joining loyalty scheme which was the only way to get a double bed. Room wasn't marked as an executive unlike ones by the lift but had the little extras robe, water, chocs etc but exactly the same as the non exec room the last time I stayed but nice enough & very clean.
Ate in the restaurant for evening meal food was very good haggis starter was fab. Can't go wrong with Steak & fries a little over cooked but still tasty. Well presented & nice salad etc. Staff attentive, observant & friendly. Odd to pay at reception rather than in restaurant but not a problem.
Then comes breakfast, you should bottle Pat & sell her, what a bright shining star. So friendly and welcoming you felt like an old friend rather than just another guest. Breakfast was good in selection & quality. You can then fall out of the hotel & in the terminal. Remarkably quiet for being so near airport but wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear DawnMT

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport for your recent accommodation requirements.

I am thrilled to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your comments with our team. We do pride ourselves on having friendly and upbeat staff in the hotel, so delighted to read our guests share the same opinions.

Your comments are most valued and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Ashtree House Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!