“Holiday Inn Plus”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Pretoria, South Africa
“Holiday Inn Plus”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This must be one of the best located Holiday Inns anywhere. Come out of the airport terminal and cross the road.Couple of steps to pick up a hired car and drop off right behind the hotel.
Rooms and public areas are usual Holiday Inn but what makes this one special is the friendly staff. Little things, like my wife only wanted to check on one of her students assignments so asked to buy 1 hour. She was handed her card and password with a smile and "It's on the house"
Breakfast was very good and plenty to choose from.
Finally compared to what we were charged at at least one other Scottish hotel, it is very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike P
IvarvanDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Mike P

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport for your recent accommodation requirements.

I am was delighted to read your comments after your stay with us and so glad our team helped make your stay that little bit more memorable. It is always great to hear feedback regarding the staff and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for sharing your review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here with my cousin and his wife whilst visiting Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games. One member of the party is blind and another is visually impaired and were accompanied by a guide dog. What a fantastic welcome we received and the Reception staff could not do enough for us to make our stay memorable. They were always on hand to help with restaurant recommendations, calling taxis, asking if we needed anything and so friendly. We were also pleasantly surprised by the standard of the food in the restaurant which also had a special gluten free menu. As others have also commented just a couple of minutes from the airport. Would most definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JayCee1157
IvarvanDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear JayCee1157

I was delighted to read your comments following a great stay with us during Glasgow's Commonwealth Games. it was an exciting time for the city and we wanted to ensure our guests could make the most of their time in Glasgow and make it memorable.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Falkirk, Scotland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We always stay here the night before we fly from Glasgow. The hotel is just steps from the terminal building making it absolutely ideal as there are no buses to catch!

The reception staff are consistently friendly and welcoming and happy to try and accommodate any special requests where they possible can.

When staying in an airport hotel, I never expect much from the room as the guest turnover is high and with most sporting heavy cases, it's inevitable that there are going to be scuffs and scrapes against doors and walls. While the rooms at the Holiday Inn are in need of a little TLC, generally they are comfortable, quiet and you can be assured of a good night's sleep. The air condition worked tremendously well and was quiet. A hairdryer is provided along with tea and coffee making facilities. The television is huge and offers a great range of channels and other interactive services, although as they use freeview, radio channels are only available until 6pm which is unfortunate. Our bathroom was spotless, although again a little tired - a limited selection of toiletries was also provided.

After previous experiences of this hotel's restaurant, we generally try to avoid it. However, we decided to give it a try for ease. The menu is somewhat limited if you are a fussy eater which posed us a challenge but we managed to cobble a meal together. The service, however, was abysmal. Despite there being more servers than guests (there were only 4 tables occupied), after being shown to our table be waited around 10 minutes, while the waitresses gossiped before our order was taken. We ordered Prosecco to start our holiday off, and the wine waiter made a great job of spilling most of it on the floor and table. I would have asked them to bring another bottle, but didn't want the wait. When the food did eventually come it was cold. But having waited so long for the food to come, I put up and shut up. That was maybe unfair of me as I didn't give them the chance to fix the problem, but I just didn't have any faith! For the price charged - for cold, mediocre food, I certainly will not be back and would not recommend. You would be better going over to the airport and eating in Wetherspoons

The bar is relatively small and can be noisy at times, but when it's not to busy can be a pleasant place to spend some time. There are also large lounge areas around the reception for a little more quiet

It really is a shame about the restaurant - it could be great with better service and warm food, but there are plenty other places to eat nearby (Thyme at the Premier Inn is much better!) Despite the restaurant, I do like this hotel and would always stay here when flying out from Glasgow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cwagsg
Dear cwagsg

I was delighted to read of many positive aspects about your stay with us, and more so that you will stay with us again. Our airport location makes us an ideal choice for those travelling out of Glasgow Airport on an early flight.

I am sorry about the experience you encountered in our restaurant. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of service and these comments have been shared with our Restaurant Management Team to put corrective measurements in place.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff are always helpful and do what they can for you. Breakfast is amazing, room vary a bit although u think they are being updated.
The hotel deserves 5 stars for it proximately to the airport, literally 2 minutes walk.
We stay almost every time we go to glasgow and don't really need to look elsewhere unless we can't get in ie Commonwealth Games :)

Room Tip: Rooms away from airport are quieter.!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caspercat2013
Dear Caspercat2013

I was delighted to read your comments and learn that you are a frequent visitor. If you haven't all ready done so, do ensure you sign up to our IHG rewards system the next time you visit where you can collect points which can be redeemed in any IHG hotel.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stay here for 3 weekends now. The good things is just cross the road from the airport.
My room was good with the view of planes takeing off. There new starbucks coffee shop there.
My room was good with tea/coffee tray, nice big bed, nice new tv. The shower was very good. Free i paper, The breakfast was the best fresh breakfast cooked.
If you are planing to vist the city of Glasgow there 2 buses to take you there. The bus number 500 cost 8.50 return take 15 mins or I took the bus 747 cost 4.80 return take 58 mins to glasgow city take the seat on the top and you see bus view of glasgow.
Would I come back? Yes

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rajesh4cat
Dear rajesh4cat

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and even more so that we will be able to welcome you back.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I certainly look forward to welcoming you on your return.

West Thurrock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my first visit to Scotland and it was for a special occasion. I booked the hotel last minute as it was coming out the cheapest and it looked convenient and comfortable.

I arrived at 10pm on the flight from London City and the hotel was only a couple of minutes short walk from the terminal to the reception desk.

Once at the reception desk I was warmly welcomed and was taken through the check in process.

It was a little amusing as they got me confused with someone else but sorted it quite quickly and apologized for this.

I got to the room and well on the third floor right by the lifts I was not disappointed.

Walked into a hall way and on the left was the bathroom and right the bedroom with the wardrobe in front.

The room was very spacious considering it was an airport hotel and had a large flat screen television with all the modern sky/cable channels.

The bathroom was a ok size needed a little tlc with the wood panel on the front of the bath severely water damaged but was not smelling so this was not a problem.

The rest of the bathroom worked as it should so there was not problems.

The first nights sleep was only short as had to be up early the next day but was a good restful nights sleep.

I went down to the breakfast buffet and this was just as great, full of great options cooked, pastry / continental options.

You can even make your own pancakes.

I returned to the hotel later that day it was later in the evening and ordered room service.

It was prompt and hot when it arrived exactly as ordered and the porters did not expect a tip nor was one added automatically to the bill but one was then put on the bill at my request as great service deserves acknowledgement.

Then slept through to the next morning and awoke and it was time to leave, headed down to checkout and checkout was speedy and friendly with no difficulties whatsoever.

Overall I must say a great place to stay very quiet, comfortable, friendly, affordable place to stay.

I am already planning my return trip.

Room Tip: level 3 rooms are good and get no noise from airport even on terminal side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BenchSmith
Dear BenchSmith

I was delighted to read you had such a pleasant stay with us and our team were on hand to deliver a great service.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my 2nd stay at the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport. NOTE: I am NOT reviewing the Holiday Inn "Express" Hotel! Both times have been wonderful & convenient stays. Anytime I need a hotel near GLA, this is the place. It literally is across the street from the airport & terminal. You can go out the front or back doors, be in the terminal and in less than one minute, be in line at your carrier for check in. Also, they keep a row of "free" travel carts, just around the corner, outside of the front desk. This is a real convenience, if you do not wish to carry your baggage.
Check in & out of Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport was a breeze and I had the evening to just relaxing before my 9 AM flight, back to Myrtle Beach, SC. So, the bar lounge was a good start with many customers watching a World Cup game. Met a few Americans and I had a very good time. The drinks & appetizers were all quiet good and only a little over priced, but understandable, knowing the location of this hotel. Another convenient thing is to be able to walk over to the airport and check out flight listings, arriving & departing. Also, I enjoyed a pint at one of the restaurants upstairs inside the airport. Again, many people around watching the World Cup Soccer.
I reserved a room that was facing the airport runway and it was fun to watch the flights and which airline planes were coming & going. I was up early, though the front desk was a bit late for my wake up call, but no bother. All room facilities were modern and worked efficiently. The AC was exceptionally good! Soon, I was out the door, checked out, loaded my golf clubs & bags on the travel cart and was confirmed on my flight to EWR in no time.
This is a quality hotel and the location is 2nd to none. Again I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quality and convenient hotel near GLA. Cheers!

Room Tip: If you wish to view the runway & flights arriving & departing, choose a room at the 6th floo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KurtMyrtleBeach_SC
Dear KurtMyrtleBeach_SC

I was thrilled to read your comments regarding your stay with us. Being the closest hotel to the airport, we certainly are a great choice for those travelling out of Glasgow Airport.

Thank you for sharing your comments, we always do take guest feedback very seriously and I am delighted that your positive experience with us has been shared. I certainly hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future should your travels plans allow you to visit Glasgow Airport again.

Ivar van Diepen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Ashtree House Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!