“One of my favourite airport hotels”

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Scotland
“One of my favourite airport hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Firstly, I have stayed at this hotel many times (four times this year) before flying from Glasgow Airport. It has now become a integral part of our holiday/weekend breaks and we feel our break has started the moment we walk through the door.

Staff are consistently friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms are well equipped and have always been cleaned to a very high standard on our visits. Have also noticed on my last visit that the bathroom had been refreshed. The beds are extremely comfortable.

The view from the room can be a bit of a hit and miss if you are a plane spotter and I am a bit surprised that the hotel do not proactively offer guaranteed runway view rooms for a small premium as I would have thought these would be snapped up.

Have had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Dinner was ok and breakfast service has been consistently good and for all these reasons I would miss not being able to stay here before my breaks.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor overlooking runway
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IvarvDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Maeboyce,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Hotel. I am pleased that 'your favourite' did not disappoint and always great to hear positive comments from our regular guests which is a great motivator for our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ivar van Diepen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is just a short walk from the terminal, but still very quiet up on the 6th floor. The service was excellent and the rooms were clean and well appointed. I can highly recommend this hotel for airport stop overs.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
IvarvDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Andrew C,

Many thanks for your positive review confirming our Hotel as the ideal choice for airport stopovers! We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Although this hotel is right next door to the airport the noise from the planes was no worse than living below the flight path of the local airport. We stayed here as a part of the package visiting the Edinburgh military tattoo. Dinner was provided on the first night of our stay and the food provided was terrible, dried up fish no vegetables and poorly cooked roast potatoes. The sweet that followed chocolate fudge cake was also very dry it was like it had been left out for hours. The breakfast on the next day though was excellent being both well cooked and hot this somewhat made up for the previous evenings dinner. The room was well presented and clean with a good comfortable bed and black out curtains making for a good nights sleep though a little on the cool side.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dogwalker1923,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry you had reason to comment on the food and have already spoken to our kitchen team to ensure a similar situation will not occur in future. I do belief your experience on this occasion to be most untypical and was pleased to learn your breakfast experience confirmed this. The temperature controls in our rooms allow for both individual heating and cooling. We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the night before our flight the next morning with my husband. The room was clean & sufficient for 1 nights stay however it could do with renovating in the bathroom especially the sink & some of the furniture in the room was chipped. The grouting could do with getting cleaned. The evening meal menu is slightly sparse & not really exciting. However the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear 667212,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at our Hotel. I was pleased to learn you found your room to be to your satisfaction. With regards to updating our rooms I am pleased I can share with you that 15% of our rooms will be refurbished in early November. With regards to menu choice we offer our a la carte menu and alongside this a choice of daily specials as well as a separate lounge menu. Thank you for acknowledging our team whom I have shared your comments with.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is right across from the terminal and the closest hotel (of a handful) to the airport – so ideal for late arrivals or early departures …. And you can expect all the usual Holiday Inn brand standards.
I have actually stayed here before a few years back but on this occasion, I ended up here by ‘accident’.
I’d booked a hotel in town (well know European chain on Pitt Street), and the road was closed due to the final cycling race of the Commonwealth Games so the hotel was completely inaccessible by vehicle! A very abrupt woman on the phone told me the only way to get there was to walk! Fine … but I have 60Kgs of luggage, one pair of hands and it was seriously uphill from where the taxi could drop me, which I explained … and was told it was my problem! Nice!
Having paid over £200 in a non-refundable booking (as I knew I had to be in the city on that date – BIG mistake) I turned the taxi around called the Holiday Inn at the airport … and booked in there for £129.00.
I could get my bags right up to the door, a MUCH friendlier welcome awaited me .. and I felt really pleased in my decision … despite resenting losing the money!
The room was quite small but not so much so that I felt claustrophobic – in fact it felt quite cosy and it was on the fourth floor so I had a good view across to the airport. It had a good sized desking area and the WIFI was free and fast and worked really well.
The bathroom was also compact, but it had a full size bath which was great and everything you needed. It was clean and warm
The décor was neutral and inoffensive and there was complimentary water and a bar of chocolate – the chocolate

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
IvarvDiepen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Anne Louise S,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Hotel. Pleased to hear we were able to help you find suitable accommodation when you needed it most! Great to learn that you found the welcome friendly and warm as it is our team that delivers that and I know your comments will be a great source of motivation for them. All of our rooms offer great facilities and I am pleased you were able to experience this first hand along with our FREE internet offering to all IHG Reward Club Memebers. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel has terrible food, no air conditioning, no gym, slow wifi, and horrible customer service. Stay here as a last resort.

The last time I stayed here, I became sick after eating their breakfast, waited over an hour for an iron, and had trouble checking my email because the wifi was so slow.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ryd321
Dear Ryd321,

Following your surprising feedback with regards to your breakfast when last staying at our Hotel I took the opportunity to be absolutely sure and double check our records but found no reported matters of that nature. I can also share with you that the Hotel works closely with the local Environmental Health Officer who inspected the premises this year and found all to be in good order. Genuinely sorry to hear you felt unwell however satisfied and confident that all was in good order at the Hotel! The Hotel provides FREE internet access for all IHG Reward Club Members with the option to upgrade to Superfast speed for a discounted rate. I am sorry if you were unaware of this. All rooms are air conditioned along with all our public area's however it is possible you may not have noticed? I have noted your comments regarding gym facilities which indeed the hotel does not provide nor does it advertise to have these facilities. However, the Hotel offers guests the option to visit David Lloyd at a discounted price. Finally, I was really surprised to read your comments regarding customer service as the Hotel receives many compliments in respect of this and our staff.

Ivar van Diepen

Travellers are raving about these Paisley hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip. It was fast check in, clean and ideal location for my flight the next morning. However the only thing that seems to let it down is the staff make no effort to chat to you, so I spent most of my time in my room where the walls were better company. Overall, It's a handy hotel for the airport and links to Glasgow City Centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aleksei T,

thank you for your review and sharing you had a good business stay at our Hotel. Surprised with your comments regarding the staff as the Hotel receives many compliments in respect of the staff, many through TripAdvisor. I will however share your feedback with the team and hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Ivar van Diepen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport
Ashtree House Hotel
Ashtree House Hotel
#4 of 9 in Paisley
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!