Gleniffer Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsfour poster bedlaminate flooringnight porterchristmas party nightcooked breakfastpleasant staylovely roombuffet stylestayed here for nightsexcellent value for moneystay there againcleanlinesssoaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel at the weekend. We were attending a function, so was ideal to stay over since we do not live in the local area. We had a double room (room 2), big room, bed was massive, lovely doubled mirrored wardrobe etc. The bathroom was lovely and the massive walk in shower was to die for! Would definitely stay over again if attending a function.

Room Tip: Room 2 was great. I see someone else did not agree due to the function noise, as we were attending a function, this did not bother us as all the music would have stopped by the time we headed for bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glitterbug07
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A 3 night stay recently on business...good & bad points.

Good:
Refurbished bathroom was a delight, huge shower & instant hot water. More than ample double mirror wardrobe, clean room & a comfortable bed. Rates were very reasonable
So so:
The painting on the refurbished bathroom was not good, paint on areas where it shuldnt be, maybe i am being touchy but even though it didnt bother me, the owners should be picking up on quality really. 1980's carpet throughout, stacked function chairs kept in corridors all the while.
Bad.
No one ever on reception, waiting outside at 18.30 to attempt to check in as the doors were locked is not a good start. Each time after this there was never anyone at reception & the front doors were always locked, no access or egress can be made without a member of staff appearing to unlock the door & lock it after you (How this works in an emergency i darnt guess).
It is the only hotel i have ever stayed in that does not offer food (other than breakfast) so you have to either go out (once you have been let out) or eat before you get there. The walls are paper thin, you will here every whisper from next door, Wednesday night there must of been a pool game on in the bar directly below me, you could here the balls crashing around the table & the pool cues being bounced on the floor, so when the cheering & banter started you could hear everything very clearly. I also had to leave early each day to get to work so i missed the breakfast, normally if this happens i get offered a sandwich to take with me or something, not in this case.

Recap:
The comfortable bed was ruined by the bar noise & other people in their rooms as it was very loud. Getting in & out of the hotel is a real problem, having a hotel that doesnt serve food is odd. It has a TV screen in reception advertising the hotel as Paisley's premium party hire venue, maybe they should stick to that as beeing an residential hotel is not up to scratch.

Would i stay again, no.

Room Tip: Room 2 is directly over the bar area, if you are a light sleeper do not stay in this room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank discoveryv8
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had an overnight stay. The hotel was clean and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room had been refurbished and was very comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty served by a very helpful man. Would not hesitates to stay again . Great value .
We attended a function in the hotel could not fault it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Gleniffer Hotel is situated at the bottom end of Glenburn Road, Glenburn Paisley, it was built in the 60s and I remember it as a Bar/Pub named "The Courtyard"

I arrived in the late afternoon and was made welcome by "Fiona", she checked me in and showed me to my room and ran through the amenities. The room had been recently refurbished and was clean and tidy, in the center of the room there was a four poster bed with a full wardrobe on one side and a sideboard containing a well stocked tea making facility on the other, just inside the main door there was a shower room again with all the necessary equipment etc.

I did not eat in the hotel I can therefore cannot comment on the food, I did however have breakfast on both mornings of my stay, the Night Porter operated as the waiter, the cook proffered a full Scottish breakfast, I only ate scrambled egg, black pudding and bacon, the food was excellent and cooked to my specifications and taste.

All staff were very friendly and professional and I shall be booking again on my next to Paisley.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1, I was told by hotel staff that this is there best room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mariner500
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was with a party of 20 for the tribute night. (Elton John / Michael Buble ) 3 course meal +tea/coffee.
We were greeted at the door and asked to go into the lounge and then we would go upstairs for the meal and tribute.The tables were organised for each party.The meal was hot and very good.
After the meal there was a warm up female (entertaining funny and a good singer ).
only one iffy was when Elton came on ,his first song was Pinball Wizard by the Who (an Elton John song might have went down better ). Apart from that the evening was a great success and we would like to thank all the staff for making it a great night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends