“Alright.”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
argyll
“Alright.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here the night before a stay in hospital and the location is good in relation to the train station (10 min walk - probably less if you know what way you are going unlike me!) it was also cheap to get a taxi from here to the hospital.
The room we stayed in was clean and ok. Two single beds, a telly, big mirror, dressing table and chair, bedside table, tea and coffee facility's, nice en-suite bathroom (shower was a bit powerless though)
Never had breakfast so couldn't comment on that. The member of staff we were served by was nice enough too.
To be fair this hotel is fine but is missing some wow factor, there's nothing great to comment on and for this reason I would look for somewhere else for my next stay.
Although like I said there is nothing wrong here it's just a bit bland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mclaffz
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Mclaffz,

Thank you for taking time to review us.

We do appreciate the positives you have mentioned about the hotel, and at the same time disappointed that you will be staying again!

We do advertise the hotel as a 3 star, and to be fair, that is what we charge our guests for.

Should you change your mind, you are more than welcome to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again better this time. Glad to see the heating was on. However the beds still have blankets. My room had full sized bath a real bonus and a brand new tv not out of place in a 5 star hotel. Breakfast was good as always. However it's still tired as really needs a make over.

1 Thank Denharry
Dear Denharry,

Thanking for taking time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay this time. Hopefully, you will enjoy more in future!

Once again, thank you for your time and for the kind comments.
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Having been here for a few big occasions. I was looking forward to a social stay. The dead spiders in the bathroom and the leaky mixer tap/shower along with the musty atmosphere and poor decor say it all. Shabby. The place is a poor excuse. The building and location is 2nd to none but the quality is sadly lacking. Investment in the place would put it where it should be but I won't be back at these prices. Good for the lads nite out crowd.

• Stayed September 2013
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Stevie,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us.

We do value guest feedback as it serves as a benchmark for us to evaluate our products and services.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay this time. Dead spiders in the bathroom is not our usual standards. Our bedrooms are usually inspected by the head housekeeper before guests check in. I will pick this issue with her and find out what happened on this particular occassion.

We will be doing some work over the winter, and hopefully, you will get an opportunity in future to visit us again and witness the changes.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Travellers are raving about these Paisley hotels

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was a business trip so my requirements were fairly basic - a good clean room, an affordable meal and a decent pint. The Watermill does the first two pretty well for the money but ought really to have a decent local brew on the bar - a minor gripe.

As others have commented, the decor is clean if a bit dated, but I don't mind that at all as it adds to the character. My chalk-board special roast pork dinner was actually excellent with nicely cooked vegetables and very good value at £7.95

Location is quite central - about five minutes walk from Paisley Canal station and for the business traveler, reasonably handy for the airport and with good parking, some of which is pay and display.

All in all, quite pleased with the value for money here and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to the waterfall are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnBarra57
Dear John,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you got value for for your money. That is what we strive to achieve, especially, at this very difficult economic times.

I do hope you get time to visit us again in the near future.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Staff are really helpful prices are ok
Restaurant and bar lounge in good decorative order food is to a good standard and breakfast cannot be faulted for its selection
Rooms are unfortunately very dated and it these that fail the hotel in my opinion if these were to be refurbed with its location this would be a hotel to visit

Hugh 1952

1 Thank hugh1952
Dear Hugh,

Many thanks for taking your time to leave us a review.

I am pleased to hear that you found my staff alert and helpful at all times. I am also good to hear that you appreciate our competitive prices.

We will be spending some money this coming winter to improve on the decor.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Me and my partner have stayed at the watermill on a few occassions in the past( as we visit family) and have found it be "okay". but we have just returned after a weekend there and didnt find it has improved . The room was small , the floorboards were very noisy (hence we were woke up by other guests above us walking about) , the curtains didnt fit very well and the double bed was so close to the wall that you had to practically climb over the bed if you needed to get up through the night. We were looking forward to breakfast but everything on the buffet was cold. the following morning wasnt much better. the hotel is looking very tired and in need of a good re vamp. would only stay there again if we couldnt get anywhere else . very dissappointing

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean D
Management-Watermill, General Manager at Watermill Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us.

We do appreciate guest feedbarck, as it gives us a benchmark to evaluate ourselves.

I am disappoinetd to hear that you did not enjoy your stay this time. We usually provide both cold and hot breakfast on all mornings, but I am not sure what happened on this occasion.I will fully investigate and if need be, take the necessary steps.

Once again, my sincere apologies.
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Held my wedding reception in the Watermill on Saturday August 24th and despite my nerves i really enjoyed the whole day. The staff worked really hard and i'm pleased to say it went without any major hiccups.
Sure there were a few small problems such as no lighting at the smoking bit, no fruit in the morning and apparently at one point the beer was being served up warm and a couple of folk had to complain but i was just so relieved the day went well that there was no way i was making a huge fuss.
The staff and meal were absolutely lovely and the new ballroom bit we held the reception in was absolutely fantastic, big glass windows looking out over the river and waterfall.
I was born and raised in Paisley so the Watermills always been there and it meant a lot to me to have the reception there instead of elsewhere.
All in all a cracking day, one i'll never forget and i highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert,

Thanking for taking time to review us.

I am pleased that you had a fab wedding day and we are so honoured to have been part of your special day.

Thank you for the generous comments about my staff. I have passed your feedback to them and they are pleased.

Wishing you a very long and happy marriage, and we look forward to see you on one of your anniversaries!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Ashtree House Hotel
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley) Hotel
Premier Inn Glasgow Airport
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Watermill Hotel? Share your experiences!