“Lovely afternoon tea”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I brought my mum here for afternoon tea and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything was served on old crockery and we had a lovely selection of sandwiches and cakes on our china cake stand. The meringues deserve special mention - crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. We'll go back again to sample the full menu.

1  Thank Rosm3nty

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I love going here with my gran especially for the afternoon tea. Inside it's all vintage with china tea cups, mismatching furniture and sewing machine made into a table. The only thing missing is cupcakes but there is still a nice selection of home baking. You can even rent the tea sets for your own special occasions and there is a wee selection of random things for sale like cake stands and pictures.

1  Thank Siobhan85x
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had booked a table of 6 for lunch today (24th April) for noon. We had a table ready and waiting for us. Given plenty of time to settle in and choose from the new expanded menu.

What more can I say from previous reviews other to add that this experience was very relaxing and enjoyable. The Carrot & Coriander soup of the day was enjoyed by all those who had it. I love the 'BLT' speciality sandwich without onion....no problems to cater for different requests etc.,

It really is just lovely to come to a place with it's 'olde worlde' feel and great hosts/staff/owners and know that one is going to be looked after, which we were. Place was busy with a nice 'vibe'...glad we had booked. Then we were left to chat, enjoy the food, have one of their lovely cakes to share as dessert. Very good sized portions and really excellent value at about £30 for 6 people with soups, sandwiches, freshly made gourmet cakes/scones etc., and speciality teas/drinks all served on eccentric old porcelain plates/cups with style. A bargain!

We will be back. I love this place as the owners (you can tell) have worked very hard to make this a 'Sanctuary' and a very pleasurable experience in Paisley. We will be back again and again as this place is so different from your average 'humdrum' kinda tea room (or store/chain-type of place). This place is refreshing to be in and great value. Full Stop! 5 stars in my view!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Served by friendly caring staff, this is a place to note.
The food is of good quality and despite it being busy, we were well attended to.
We'll go again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a lovely pot of tea here in the afternoon while workmen were in my flat, was looking for somewhere topas a hour or so, and the cafe was ideal, as it looked so attractive from the street.
I wasn't disappointed as the staff were very friendly and attentive, and the tea, served in a lovely china teapot, cup and saucer, was really nice.