“Very comforatable, very friendly”
Review of Kensington House

Kensington House
Kensington House
Ranked #31 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
Wiesbaden
“Very comforatable, very friendly”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Kensington House, run by Mrs Johnstone in a quiet street, is as comfortable as any decent hotel, and every effort is made by Mrs Johnstone and her husband to ensure
an enjoyable stay. The rooms are tastefully decorated with all the modern facilities we have come to rely on, and breakfast too is all you would want it to be.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed her with my husband and 5 year old daughter last week. Originally booked in for 1 night, but we decided to stay for 2. Room was large enough for the 3 of us, nice and clean, beds comfortable, amd peacefull at night time. Its a lovely house, and the owners are very friendly. I would say it is more of a guest house than simply a bed and breakfast. Thanks to Carol for being so kind and making my daughter pancakes at breakfast!
Can walk to the beach, shops and restraunts from here. Very central.
If you can - have a look at the cooker - i love it! A turquoise range. Just gorgeous!

Carol and Bob thankyou again. Will definatly be back.

Lisa, Henry and Lottie x

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed here a a collegue recommended it. Flew into Prestwick airport then grabbed a taxi into Ayr, the journey was only 10 minutes, if that.

Arrived and the room was lovely, nice tray of tea, coffee and biscuits. The room also had a tv and best of all wifi, so i could connect to the internet and do some work for my meeting in the morning (just as well really!).

The breaffast was lovely and cooked fresh to order. I was able to walk to my meeting in town then got the train back to the airport. Great location as I was able to walk and the train station was a few minutes away and took minutes.
The room was nice, bed was comfy, guesthouse was quite, all in all a good sleep and well equiped rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 20 September 2009

A B & B . A true home from home Bob & Carol provide an excellent friendly place to stay .If you want a base to stay to tour anywhere in Scotland this is it. The rooms are well appointed clean and tidy and superb value. Now the important bit , the breakfast, I would be willing to bet this is probably the best breakfast in Scotland.
Thanks
Mick & Joan

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Stayed here with my husband and another couple a few weeks ago as we were going to a wedding nearby. I had never stayed in a B and B before and was worried when my friend had said she had booked one! The absolute opposite from what I expected. The landlady was friendy and the rooms were nice, very comfortable and clean. Most importantly they had proper duvets! When we arrived had a coffee in the room and got ready to go to the wedding. My husband was happy as they had WiFi so he could check the golf - while I ironed off course!
Breakfast was lovely and we were able to walk to the shops the next day, before we headed home, as we had checked out they let us collect our bags later.
It was very reasonabley priced, clean, comfy beds, good shower, and lovely breakfast, definately coming back for a weekend soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa4567
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2008

We arrived on a dull wet day in Ayr but the mood was instantly lifted by Oscar, the smiling dog (no, really, this dog smiles at you!!) when we arrived at the front door. The welcome from Carol and Bob was warm and genuine and we really felt as if they couldn't do enough for us. Our spacious, comfortable, and very clean room had a lovely conservatory attached to it and the jacuzzi bath was a welcome treat after a long journey.
Breakfast was a real treat, with a good scottish cooked plateful and comfortable surroundings.
We would recommend Kensington House to anyone travelling to Ayr and we will definitely be back!

• Liked — The friendly welcome and fab breakfast
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Dublin
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I am just back from my weekend in Ayr, where we stayed at Kensington House, my aunt had stayed here a few years ago and recommended it. Went with 2 friends and had a great time. When we arrived we were greeted and shown to our rooms by Carol, the land lady. The rooms were lovely,clean and had the comfiest bed ever. We booked a twin and a single, and ended up in a family room and a twin room, the family room even had a seperate room to sit in, which was fab, as we had somewhere to sit and chat, although they did have a guests sitting room, we never had the need to use it. Our bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi! The breakfast was lovely, cereal then a fully cooked breakfast. We felt really looked after during our stay, and will definatley be back.
Its really central too - a few minutes to the shops, restraunts and bars - the owners recommended a lovely Italian restraunt for the evening - Ceccinins, to eat.
I would like to say it was being at home - but I only wish my house was this nice.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sandra422