“Like home from home.”

Ranked #29 of 61 Ayr B&B and Inns
Essex
“Like home from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

A B & B . A true home from home Bob & Carol provide an excellent friendly place to stay .If you want a base to stay to tour anywhere in Scotland this is it. The rooms are well appointed clean and tidy and superb value. Now the important bit , the breakfast, I would be willing to bet this is probably the best breakfast in Scotland.
Thanks
Mick & Joan

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

Stayed here with my husband and another couple a few weeks ago as we were going to a wedding nearby. I had never stayed in a B and B before and was worried when my friend had said she had booked one! The absolute opposite from what I expected. The landlady was friendy and the rooms were nice, very comfortable and clean. Most importantly they had proper duvets! When we arrived had a coffee in the room and got ready to go to the wedding. My husband was happy as they had WiFi so he could check the golf - while I ironed off course!
Breakfast was lovely and we were able to walk to the shops the next day, before we headed home, as we had checked out they let us collect our bags later.
It was very reasonabley priced, clean, comfy beds, good shower, and lovely breakfast, definately coming back for a weekend soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa4567
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

We arrived on a dull wet day in Ayr but the mood was instantly lifted by Oscar, the smiling dog (no, really, this dog smiles at you!!) when we arrived at the front door. The welcome from Carol and Bob was warm and genuine and we really felt as if they couldn't do enough for us. Our spacious, comfortable, and very clean room had a lovely conservatory attached to it and the jacuzzi bath was a welcome treat after a long journey.
Breakfast was a real treat, with a good scottish cooked plateful and comfortable surroundings.
We would recommend Kensington House to anyone travelling to Ayr and we will definitely be back!

• Liked — The friendly welcome and fab breakfast
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2008

I am just back from my weekend in Ayr, where we stayed at Kensington House, my aunt had stayed here a few years ago and recommended it. Went with 2 friends and had a great time. When we arrived we were greeted and shown to our rooms by Carol, the land lady. The rooms were lovely,clean and had the comfiest bed ever. We booked a twin and a single, and ended up in a family room and a twin room, the family room even had a seperate room to sit in, which was fab, as we had somewhere to sit and chat, although they did have a guests sitting room, we never had the need to use it. Our bathroom had a shower and a jacuzzi! The breakfast was lovely, cereal then a fully cooked breakfast. We felt really looked after during our stay, and will definatley be back.
Its really central too - a few minutes to the shops, restraunts and bars - the owners recommended a lovely Italian restraunt for the evening - Ceccinins, to eat.
I would like to say it was being at home - but I only wish my house was this nice.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sandra422
Kendal, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

I booked this b & b after looking at their website, there were no pictures of the interior but the outside and gardens looked very nice so going on this I booked a double room for my partner and I.
When we arrived we recieved a warm welcome from the owners and were shown to our room, I,m sorry to say that as soon as I walked into the room I was disappointed, the light coloured carpet looked old and had stains on, the furniture looked dated and the T.V had a layer of dust on it.
when it came to putting our clothes away there was evidence of previous guests, namely a heated curling brush with hair in it, an old train ticket and a bank receipt.
The bathroom had a layer of dust round the outer edges of the carpet and the toilet seat was loose.
The breakfast in the morning was good, but the family do have a dog and I,m afraid that the doggy smell did put us off our breakfast.
Our stay cost us £30 each per night and to be honest it wasn,t worth it.
As I said at the begining, the owners were very nice its just a shame they dont take a little more care over the cleaning of the rooms.

• Liked — close to town centre
  • Disliked — not very clean
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

I have stayed at Kensington House a number of times over the years and it has to be one of the best places to stay in Ayr! Carol & Bob are so friendly & welcoming & the B&B is within walking distance of the rail station & town centre (& the Tudor Restaurant, which does a fantastic High Tea, Carol will send you in the right direction!). The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. They have private parking and Carol, or her daughter Lisa, make a fantastic breakfast in the morning. Lots of choice, including the option of a cooked breakfast. All in all, a great stay everytime!

• Liked — The family atmosphere & value for money
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank claire s