“An excellent experience”

Vito's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 186 Restaurants in Ayr
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Ayr train station only 100metres away.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The booking service worked excellently, and we were greeted by name when we arrived albeit slightly early. We were given enough time to settle down, and to look at the menu which provided too much choice. Both our starters and main courses were excellently prepared and rapidly consumed. The drinks were as expected, and the desserts were delightful. The service was of a high standard with Miriam being particularly helpful in answering our questions but the other young lady was also very friendly. There was even a malt whisky to my joy to complete the meal. We benefitted from the Lunchtime menu prices, but the normal menu appeared to be reasonable. We were told where to buy haggis, and look forward to having those in the next day or two. We wanted to go to the Burns Cottage and Museum but although being told where it was the three bus stops we went to were no help in directing us to which bus went to the main Tourist attraction in the area. - note to Stagecoach.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vapu

Tamworth, United Kingdom
“just by chance”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We drove into Ayr town early evening to eat at a restaurant that had been recommended to us but first walked round to the Odeon cinema to see what was on and it was then we saw Vito's restaurant, I had been craving for a pizza for days, so we went across to look at the place.
It had a lovely atmosphere and the staff were friendly and very helpful when asked about the food.
In the end after much deliberation I chose a pasta dish with smoked salmon and king prawns, it was fab. My husband had haggis balls for starter and haddock and chips for main. It was all beautifully cooked ,then we shared ice-cream. The waitress was lovely and said the black pudding was good, so we must go back again to try it. It was so lucky we spotted this little gem.

Visited April 2014
coylton ayrshire
“Wow!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Live local and frequent an establishment very close by but tonight we tried vitos omg what a find!! Was very busy which I always find a good sign! Food was delicious service was fantastic so we will definitely be back

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank mcvicarcaldwell
Paisley, United Kingdom
“no effort”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

went to ayr with my husband to celebrate my birthday and went to this Italians for an evening meal. my husband ordered a burger which was terrible was so so thin and small it didn't even fill the roll chips and garnish wasn't much better. I ordered vitos chicken with a special Italian rice the menu stated when it came it was 2 small thin thin chicken breasts in a pepper sauce with about 2 spoons of plain white rice which was totally overcooked and tasteless. We aren't greedy people or big eaters but the portions were like a childs. I didn't complain at the time because the staff were so lovely and didn't want to make a fuss so I just paid the bill. The restaurant was a lovely place its ashame and also the place was empty with 3 chefs which I seen in the back I think a better effort needs to be made. disabled toilet was horrible inside.

• Visited April 2014
vitos2009, Owner at Vito's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear 72kitties,

Thank you for your review. I am deeply concerned you were not happy with your food. As you can tell from our other reviews, our food is very highly thought of by the tripadvisor community. Indeed, including your review, 82% of tripadvisor users, many of which have more than one review to their account, scored us at 4 out of 5 or better.

I would like to respond regarding your food comments. As stated on our menu, the burger is a 1/4lb. This is a standard size of burger that most restaurants use. I am sorry if you did not feel this was enough. Also, as stated on the menu, it comes with a salad garnish, three generous slices of tomato, a portion of coleslaw and a side of fries. All in all, pretty good value for £6.95. As for the Vito's Chicken, this is not two small breasts but one large breast, cut in half once cooked for presentation purposes. The rice we use is Italian arborio which is slightly different to that which other restaurants use which is mainly basmati. This may be where you felt it was not cooked or tasted right.

I am delighted you felt the service was very good. However, we do a food call back within three minutes of receiving your meal so that, in the unlikely event that something is different or not cooked as you expected, it gives us the opportunity to change it, no questions asked. I understand this was done but you felt you did not want to create a fuss. That is understandable although a little frustrating as, like everyone, even chefs can make a mistake and this process gives us the opportunity to sort any problems out.

Regarding the number of chefs in the kitchen, I'm not really sure what you mean. We have seating for 100 people, over 2 floors so we have to staff it accordingly. As you stated, you used the disabled toilet. This is on the ground floor, and an additional 60 seats are on the first floor, so although you may have thought the restaurant was quiet, it is possible more customers were seated upstairs. With regards to your comment concerning the disabled toilet, I must say is a little unfair. We run an hourly toilet check to ensure everything is correct. Indeed, the current health and safety regulations stipulate certain criteria for a disabled toilet and we more than meet those. There are additional modern facilities upstairs which I would hope the waitress would have directed you to as an alternative to the disabled toilet.

Tripadvisor is an excellent forum for customers to let us, the restaurant, know where we are going right, and also where we can improve. As I stated above, we have many excellent reviews from diners, but also ones that we need to take on board and look to improve. Indeed, please contact us directly at info@vitosayr.co.uk to discuss this further.

Regards,

The Team at Vito's
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Return to this restaurant time and time again there's always something different to try and we re never disappointed . Most of our party had pasta, the sauces were delicious. I had king prawn tempura large portion of prawns dips and French fries can highly recommend . Will be back again soon .

Visited April 2014