“Lucky find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ayr
Souter Johnnie's Inn
Ranked #23 of 53 Ayr B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After many miles and around an hour and a half driving was very concerned we had found nothing or lunch , when all of a sudden like an oasis in a desert appeared, just by driving into the immaculately kept car park you felty you were in for a treat and we was , only going to have a light lunch but coud not resist the scotch egg starter which was fabulous followed by a lovely main course, fantastic service , spotlessly clean and good honest lunch time food , if your travelling to turn berry or I believe the Irish ferry , this is the one place en route to plan lunch

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark I

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went there for dinner with family. I had been once previously before the refurb and although I did miss the decor, the improvement on the friendliness of the staff more than made up for it, they were so attentive and helpful and made genuine conversation. The food was fantastic value as the quality was outstanding without the portions being stingey. Although it's a bit far from where I stay I will definitely be back as often as I can and will be recommending here to everyone :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited the newly refurbished Souter's yesterday for a visit out of curiosity. Although the interior has lost much of it's character it had pre fire it has retained great service and great food. The large vaulted ceiling has been replaced with a mezianne floor, presumably to accommodate more diners (although this may be a fire regulation) . Dining areas are bright and to a very high standard, I was just expecting a slightly refurbished version of the old place.

Overall I would say if you are new to to Souters you will love it and if you had visited pre fire don't expect the same ambience the old building provided.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leiperose
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We visited Souter Johnnies on Thursday afternoon for lunch,the food and service were very good,it has been very tastefully renovated,I am allready looking forward to my next visit,well done.Also there is a shop which sells some lovely desserts and hand made chocs!!!! Go on spoil yourself....

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank liz m
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Lunch today.
Had high expectations as this restaurant has re-opened and was always a favourite. Menu vas varied with some appetising dishes. Food was great from a slightly overpriced menu in my opinion. Hardly service with a smile and staff not that attentive. Took too long to take our order and initially only interested in what we wanted to drink. Won't be hurrying back.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Went for coffee this a.m. to see Mr Costley's new premises and we weren't disappointed. Décor lovely, staff lovely & we will definitely be back after studying the menu! Well worth a visit and can't wait to return to sample the menu.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Found this delightful place on way to Turnberry. Stopped for a quick lunch and was not disappointed. Food, service and surroundings were excellent. Pity it is nearly a 2hr drive from Edinburgh. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014