“Glad it's re-opened!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ayr
Souter Johnnie's Inn
Ranked #21 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
scotland
“Glad it's re-opened!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Visited last week, very busy & fortunate to get a table. As others have said the bang bang calamari is lovely, king prawns & squid in a tangy sauce. The Asian salmon was cooked perfectly, maybe a bit much coleslaw- nearly a full plate of it!! Friendly staff, quick service. Lovely decor. The cakes & ice cream to purchase to take away looked amazing.will be back, would maybe book before hand to ensure a table.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Today I visited Souter johnnies for lunch with my Fiancée and I was impressed. The service was brilliant, the food was delicious and the prices were good. Over the last year I drove by Souter johnnies and I said every time we will need to try there for lunch when it re opens. We finally got to try it today and it was brilliant. The pear starter was delicious and also the peppered chicken was tasty. It also has parking around the back of the inn which is good.. I would highly recommend Souter johnnies.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Good lunch well priced with attentive service in a brand new restaurant. Parking and ambience inside and out is of a very high standard. Great that such a rural area has this type of investment.Nice one.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We arrived at sooter johnnies for lunch which I had booked a table for two. The staff saw us arrive but left us standing for nearly 5minutes as they finished their conversation ..... Eventually I had speak to them and tell them I had booked a table. Not even a greeting she just nodded at us to take us to our table. The waitress did not even take our drinks order until we asked which is very disappointing as we eat out a lot so though we could not fault the food I would advice that some staff training should be given. After our mains where cleared we did not even get asked if we would like to see the sweet menu I had to ask . One more point I had been out for lunch the day before and the staff could not do enough but not once did the staff ask us if everything was okay with our meals. The only reason we left a tip was for the excellent quality of the food not for the service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We came across this place looking for somewhere to lunch before a visit to Culzean Castle and are very glad we did! Great lunch at a reasonable price. Stand out dish was the Bang Bang Calamari and Prawns from the a la carte menu. I had two courses from a set menu for a very reasonable £12. Portions were more than adequate for that price and quality was superb. Kids enjoyed their meals too especially the fresh fruit salad and sorbet starter which was nice to see on a kids menu. All in all a fab meal and we'll definitely be back if we are in this part of the country again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jacjac71
uk
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We made reservations weeks ago for a table for 9 people for Mother's Day lunch.This was to be a special lunch as our family are visiting from New Zealand.
Firstly,I double checked our reservation yesterday to confirm again the time of our booking,and reiterated it was a table for 9.
On arrival we were led to a table for 7 and were told they could give us an extra 2 chairs.there was room for 7 people ,but definitely not enough room for 9 of us.having been told there was nothing else they could do by the waitress,we asked for the manager.Having stood for 10minutes while the manager waited on tables,I had to go and find him! He explained that he could put an extra seat around the table or he would try and reorganise tables.at this point we were losing our tempers as we were being treated shabbily.we were offered a complimentary drink and continued to wait for the table.
Once the table for 10 this time was ready, we were seated and served by a waiter who appeared to have just started.He mixed up all the drinks then spilled a large glass of wine over my mother and sister in law .
By this time, tempers flared and my sister in law shouted at the waiter regarding his clumsiness .Normally she would have been understanding,but today after this fiasco,he got the brunt of our displeasure.Then we left!!
We did not taste any food so cannot comment on that.
We felt the manager was completely inadequate and didn't manage the situation at all.He avoided us instead of trying to resolve the situation and communicate with us.We won't be back

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ayrpol
West Chiltington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

we were visiting friends in Ayr this weekend and they took us to lunch at Souter Johnnies. Fab food, great atmosphere, very good value for money. Friendly and welcoming staff. Would go back again when we are next in Ayr.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends