“my winners on my trip along the Scottish coast”

Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr
Ranked #30 of 53 Ayr B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Spotting Ayr on my map on my business trip through Scotland and along the coast line of Scotland I felt lucky. Booking my stay at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr a bit late I couldn't be more happier. I found a beautiful house and Bed & Breakfast, Ann und Graeme are running. Although I booked very spontaneously I felt very welcome. The door was always open and I always felt independent, the room was beautifully made (with tea and coffee, TV, with a beautiful view and warm), my own bathroom equiped and for breakfast I could choose between different options for breakfast, continental breakfast, full Scottish breakfast. No one else than Ann and Graeme could have been better tour guides. I could listen to Ayr's history (go and see the writer's Robert Burn's birth place!), the best restaurants around that offer a variety of healthy food, the quiet and at the same time wild coast line, the Ayrshire Coastal Path. If you're looking for a place to discover Scotland and its people and you find people like Ann and Graeme you're lucky. The morning I left very early a delicious breakfast bag was waiting for me instead of having breakfast in the house.

Room Tip: My room was excellent and my view as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Graeme-Ayr-Scotland, Owner at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

It was lovely having you stay at our B&B. Thank you so much for your review which is really appreciated. Graeme & Ann

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a home from home experience, I've stayed here several times and never been disappointed in anyway. The hosts, Ann and Graeme are very friendly, helpful and knowledgable about all the facilities and features of the area. The rooms are of a good size and have all the facilities expected in a well run establishment, including tea, coffee and biscuits, everything is spotlessly clean and well appointed, most rooms have en-suite bathrooms. A great Scottish breakfast is served at your convenience and very centrally located for the attractions in Ayr city centre. I would highly recommend Chalmers Guest House anytime you wish to visit the coastal town of Ayr.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for posting a review. It was lovely having you stay with us. Ann and Graeme

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This B and B was situated less than 10 minutes walk from the town and sea, on a quiet main road with beautiful buildings all along it.

There was an en suite built in to the room which meant the rooms were slightly smaller than expected. The beds were clean and comfy and there were tea and coffee facilities. We had a view over the garden and surrounding houses.

A small negative was that the room was incredibly hot during the night (however, much better than too cold!).

We did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our B&B. Ann and Graeme

Reviewed 11 October 2013

2nd time staying here - Stayed for 4 nights. Really good service. Quiet area. Owners are very pleasant and helpful as per last time. 5 minutes away from city. Breakfasts was good and they now offer to bring breakfasts up to your room if you give them time. I would recommend to this B&B

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your positive review. Ann and Graeme

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and a friend stayed at this bed and breakfast on a recent trip to Ayr. He said it was faultless. He couldn't praise the owners or the place any higher. The owners are very pleasant and the breakfast very filling. The location was great for where they wanted to go and not far from the train station.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Ann and I thank you for your review which we really appreciate. Graeme

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had an overnight stay as we were spending the day shopping and going for a meal at night for my wife's birthday. What a great wee B&B close Ayr town centre, Graham greeted us with a cheery welcome and we felt we had known him for years after just 10 minutes in his company. After being shown the room he got us a guide for local eateries etc. The room was clean & cosy and a lovely breakfast was served with a smile. We found this B&B faultless and would certainly return again, therefore recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Graeme-Ayr-Scotland, Owner at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting such a positive review which is very much appreciated. Ann & Graeme

Reviewed 13 September 2013

2nd time I have used now (last time approx. 2 years ago). This time every bit as good as last time ....with.addition of free Wi-Fi this time

Good quality / value ....... comfortable clean rooms / facilities.......with added benefit of Graeme & Anne being genuine caring hosts.

Oh and also free lift to Prestwick airport for early morning flight from Graeme !

Could not ask for more

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank for your comments which we really appreciate. Graeme