All reviews comfortable bed street parking beautiful house brig o doon free wifi town centre ann tv cereal
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a room for the weekend of Friday 11 May/Saturday 12 May back in February. All was fine, and the booking was accepted. No money was taken at the time of booking. A few days later, an email was received stating to my surprise, that my card was invalid, and that I had to 'contact my card provider' to see why the card has not been accepted by the hotel. Having contacted my card provider, I found out that my card, due to expire end of May 2018, was indeed still valid, and not only that, was still able to make payments, and is still in use and valid today (25 May 2018). Given that the card was not invalid, I left the situation as it was. Unfortunately due to work commitments I didn't check my emails for a few days (I am lambing during end February early March and have little time to check daily) to my surprise when checking emails, that the booking, which I could cancel up until a few days before the stay, had been cancelled by the guest house at their own request. This was more than 2 and a half months before the reservation was to take place. This situation caused me not only to have to cancel my weekend plans for that weekend, but rearrange staff work rotas at home in order to cover time off which was cancelled.

Poor decision by the guest house to cancel the booking. Given the debit card was valid, and the stay was cancelled more than 3 months before card expiry, better communication (ie. a phone call to explain why their machine would not accept the card) could have avoided this problem.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Just back from 3 night break to see daughter living close by.
Jen the host is the star attraction, so friendly and made us feel so welcome. Excellent fresh cooked breakfast, good selection. We had a
large front facing room with ensuite, spotless a little noise from road but didn’t keep us awake. As a beautiful old house who thankfully still has original windows so not pvc which I hate people doing to old Houses.
Little dog cute but doesn’t get in way if you not a dog person.
Shall use again on next visit.
We wish you all the best taking over from your parents.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FarAway770555
Jennifer W, Manager at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it really means a lot. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and really enjoyed having you both. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are visiting your daughter and wish you well.

Kind regards

Jennifer and Mark

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Chalmers B&B whilst making a new Guitar at Baileys Guitar ( if you like guitars, this is must do 5 star experience). Jen, our host could not have been more friendly and obliging. Nothing was too much trouble. Jen even joined us on an evening out at Acoustic Bliss (a fun open mic night). The B&B is in a great location for Ayr’s and Ayrshire’s sights and coastline walks etc (400 yards from town centre) being one he road out to Burns country). Free WiFi, on street parking right outside and fresh towels everyday. The breakfast list was extensive, cooked to order and really delicious. Can’t recommend more highly.

Stayed: April 2018
Jennifer W, Manager at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was an absolute pleasure having you stay, hopefully we shall see you again if you build another guitar or come for a visit to walk the Ayrshire coast.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I received a very warm welcome from Jen. She was very nice and friendly. My room was warm and comfortable. There was a good choice on the menu for breakfast and nothing was too much trouble for her.

Chalmers Bed and Breakfast has a central location in Ayr and there is plenty of free street parking.

I will always stay there when I visit Ayr and I encourage anyone reading this review to stay at Chalmers Bed and Breakfast. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley B
Jennifer W, Manager at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you Lesley for your kind words, it was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us. Take care and we will see you next time your in Ayr.

Jen

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Location: 5 min walk from the town centre on a road of elegant C19th houses.

Parking: on street and plentiful.

Rooms: decent size, well equipped, very comfortable, decent ensuite shower, tv and tea/coffee.

Breakfast: good quality cooked (incl. veggie options), tea/coffee, toast, cereal, fresh fruit. All cooked in adjacent kitchen.

Host: Jen was delightful, welcoming, interested, chatty and efficient.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer W, Manager at Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review and we hope you will come back and stay with us if your in Ayr again.