“Good hotel”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Trondheim, Norway
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice and clean hotel.Staff made you feel welcome.No noise,So this was overall a good stay.Ver nice that you can check in late without any problem.
parking lot, close to to entrance.Resturant not crowded to breakfast.Only thing to put the finger on,was they where late with the hot meals for breakfast,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lars V
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Lars V

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse, I was pleased to read that you found our team to be welcoming. We pride ourselves on the fact we can offer our guests a clean comfortable room and a great night sleep I was therefore delighted to read we matched your needs. I was disappointed to read you comments with regards to our breakfast service. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager who asks that I convey her most sincere apologies. Once again I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at this premier Inn and it was 5 star all the way.Jamie in the restaurant was outstanding as I'm disabled he looked after us from arriving till leaving. The food was excellent one of the best steaks I've ever had.Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Stuandsue
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Stuandsue. Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn AyrA77Racecourse.
It was great to hear that Jamie in our Thyme Restaurant looked after you so well during your
2 night stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliment to him personally.

I was also delighted to hear that you found the food in the restaurant to be excellent and that you enjoyed your steak so much.

Once again thank you for writing your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spend a lot of time in Premier Inns in Scotland as they don't mind late check ins, which not many smaller independent hotels are good with. Almost universally they are very good, cheap and decent standard, and this one was no exception.

Check in was quick and efficient, my room was clean, tidy, had everything I needed, a comfy bed and a hot shower.

As with all Premier Inns it is the high quality of staff that set them apart from other chain motels, whilst the staff here seemed to have a lot on their plate (the same chap who checked me in later served me dinner in the restaurant) they worked quickly and with a friendly professional approach.

Whilst they are never going to rival an expensive 5* hotel this Premier Inn did exactly what I wanted, at a very good price, with decent access to the road network and with a good sized car park.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkMYorkshire
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn Ayra77Racecourse.
I was delighted to hear that you found the team to be friendly and professional and that your room was clean, tidy and had everything you required. We endeavour to deliver great service at all times and offer good value for money for our guests and it was lovely to hear you felt we accomplished this. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for one night on 27th March. I was on way to complete delivery in Ayr and knew I'd be too exhausted to drive back to South Wales. A quick 'phone call home and a booking was made for this hotel. This was the cheaper of 2 Premier Inn's, both within approx. 5 miles of eachother.

On arrival, parking was plentiful, which was great as I had my van. Booking in was painless and the room was great for just me. A quick meal and drink in the bar and I was off to my room.

One quick shower (no bath, and all the better for it as the shower base is big) and off to bed for a really comfy night sleep.

Would I book here again? Without a doubt

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlRomeo
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear AIRomeo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased that you choose our hotel to relax and rest up after driving all day. We are fortunate that we have 118 parking spaces with no height restrictions available to our guests free of charge. It is great to read that you would have no doubts about booking with us again. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Alnwick
Reviewed 24 March 2014

a very friendly war welcome, great quality for the price, fab nights sleep, will stay there again, located on Ayr bypass give easy access to rest of Ayrshire as well as Ayr town centre. had a very relaxing two night stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear John53 G

I was delighted to read your kind review of our hotel. I was particularly pleased to read you had a fab nights sleep and a warm welcome from our team. At Premier Inn A77 Racecourse we take pride in the excellent service we provide it is therefore extremely satisfying to read that you had a relaxing two nights stay with us. I will pass your kind comments onto our team members. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

went here for a overnight stay as not been keeping too good lately it was a really nice stay had a lovely three course meal and drink plus breakfast for £22-99 which was well worth it as it was a lovely meal so relaxing even though it was really busy service was good.

• Stayed March 2014
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments with regards to you recent stay at Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you took advantage of our 3 Course Meal Deal and found I to be great value. I was however sorry to read that you have not been feeling well recently, I do hope you are felling better now. Once again thanks for the kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
glasgow, scotland
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in February for a wedding we had in Ayr we waited so long to check in and there were other staff walking about doing nothing while one member of staff was on the reception when we finally got checked in about 15 mins later the room was spacious and clean (normal premier inn). We came back from the wedding to two members of staff standing about taking on reception we sat down the stairs with some other couples who were at the same wedding and was told bar was shut ok so someone had a wee can of fizzy wine which the staff saw and waited until we opened it and said you can't drink here no bother we all went to our rooms. In the morning we were going to have breakfast we waited again for 5-10 we finally got in and went up to the buffet there was nothing there and to make matters worth a chief I can only assume as he had white jacket drops a pile of dishes and he didn't look the cleanest, we then told the member of staff at the front we wouldn't just leave breakfast. Think this is the first premier Inn I've had problems at wouldn't come back

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glasgowgal88
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to read you felt aspects of your stay did not meet our usual high standards. I have noted your comments and hope that you will accept my most sincere apologies for any disappointment caused.