“nice friendly welcome”

Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights visiting family in the area, nice friendly welcome on arrival. The room on the 2nd floor with a good view of the Ayrshire countryside was clean, fresh and spacious with a couch , nice en-suite with a good shower. We never tried the restaurant but did enjoy drinks at the bar which were average prices. We enjoyed our stay and will certainly book again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Bill

Thank you very much for your kind comments with regards to you recent stay at Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you found your bedroom to be clean, fresh and spacious with a nice en-suite and a good shower. I was particularly pleased to read that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you will visit our hotel again. Once again thanks for the kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel was ideally situated for our visit to family. We had a super room , spotlessly clean and very quiet.
We didn't opt for breakfast as we wanted to please ourselves what we ate and when, must say it looked good though. We did eat in the restaurant in the evening and it was great. The staff were all so very friendly and very helpful, always asking how our day had been or had we slept well? It makes such a difference to a holiday if you are met each morning with a cheery smile.
We would definitely stay there again.

Dear Lorraine B

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you found our bedrooms to be spotlessly clean and very quiet. Our team are fully committed to ensure that we deliver a clean and comfortable room so that you can enjoy a great nights sleep. I was particularly pleased to read you found our team members to be friendly, helpful and they greeted you with a friendly smile. Once again thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Premier inn at Ayr usual high standard of most premier inns near lots of amenities and days out for the family. What made this place stand out was the staff ,though very young , every member of staff were bright and helpful from arrival at the check in, to the maid service ,the guy who took time to make us hot choc with all the trimmings and the restaurant staff , Jamie who was cheerful and efficient and an asset to the town of Ayr !
Every one of the staff were helpful and made our stay / thanks .

Stayed: April 2014

Dear CMcK63

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read you felt the fantastic service from our team members helps our hotel stand out from others. I was particularly pleased to read your comments with regards to Jamie; I have passed your comments to Jamie who has asked that I convey his gratitude. Once again thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Easy to find (but a bit close to busy main road as a result - could do with clearer signposting though); usual Premier Inn standard (clean, modern, functional = the hotel equivalent of IKEA), plenty of parking space, little external noise heard inside; mobile signal weak inside building

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Peter

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be good, clean and to Premier Inn’s usual high standards. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice and clean hotel.Staff made you feel welcome.No noise,So this was overall a good stay.Ver nice that you can check in late without any problem.
parking lot, close to to entrance.Resturant not crowded to breakfast.Only thing to put the finger on,was they where late with the hot meals for breakfast,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lars V
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Lars V

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse, I was pleased to read that you found our team to be welcoming. We pride ourselves on the fact we can offer our guests a clean comfortable room and a great night sleep I was therefore delighted to read we matched your needs. I was disappointed to read you comments with regards to our breakfast service. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager who asks that I convey her most sincere apologies. Once again I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at this premier Inn and it was 5 star all the way.Jamie in the restaurant was outstanding as I'm disabled he looked after us from arriving till leaving. The food was excellent one of the best steaks I've ever had.Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Stuandsue
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Stuandsue. Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn AyrA77Racecourse.
It was great to hear that Jamie in our Thyme Restaurant looked after you so well during your
2 night stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliment to him personally.

I was also delighted to hear that you found the food in the restaurant to be excellent and that you enjoyed your steak so much.

Once again thank you for writing your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spend a lot of time in Premier Inns in Scotland as they don't mind late check ins, which not many smaller independent hotels are good with. Almost universally they are very good, cheap and decent standard, and this one was no exception.

Check in was quick and efficient, my room was clean, tidy, had everything I needed, a comfy bed and a hot shower.

As with all Premier Inns it is the high quality of staff that set them apart from other chain motels, whilst the staff here seemed to have a lot on their plate (the same chap who checked me in later served me dinner in the restaurant) they worked quickly and with a friendly professional approach.

Whilst they are never going to rival an expensive 5* hotel this Premier Inn did exactly what I wanted, at a very good price, with decent access to the road network and with a good sized car park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkMYorkshire

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn Ayra77Racecourse.
I was delighted to hear that you found the team to be friendly and professional and that your room was clean, tidy and had everything you required. We endeavour to deliver great service at all times and offer good value for money for our guests and it was lovely to hear you felt we accomplished this. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
#1 of 17 in Ayr
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel? Share your experiences!