“Lovely stay”

Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Lovely warm friendly staff on arrival , very helpful quick book in . Breakfast was everything you needed and again staff all attentive. Hotel was a taxi ride away from pubs and restaurants but staff booked us a taxi no problem and advised us on nice places to eat although food at premier inns is lovely we fancied an Italian meal .:) . a pleasant stay and we would return .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear carol52FifeScotland
Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read you found our team members to be friendly, pleasant and helpful. I will pass you kind comments onto our team. Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Found staff very friendly pleasant and helpful , room comfortable with everything we required for a short break although a bath would have been a welcome addition to the en-suite.
Overall a pleasant experience

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Glyn H

Reviewed 3 May 2014

You always know what you are getting with a Premier Inn.

This new hotel was comfortable and convinient for Ayr. The best part of this hotel was the staff. Every member I met was eager to please and polite. I enjoyed the hospitality we received whilst staying for two nights.

The website does suggest that only a shower is present, which was true. I also couldn't help thinking that our room was a little smaller than other Premier Inns I have stayed in too. They don't mention this on the website, or maybe it was just me?!

One morning was busy for breakfast and I couldn't help feeling sorry for the two members of staff rushing around. So maybe they could do with a few more staff members at peak times.

Overall, a great stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Nick C

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel comfortable and convenient for Ayr. I was delighted to read your comments with regards to our Team members. Our team members are committed to delivering a Bigger, Bolder and Better service to our guests, it is clear from your comments our team have achieved this. It is fantastic to receive such fabulous feedback from a valued guest, I would personally like to thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Made to feel very welcome as soon as we went to reception, evening meal all staff friendly and attentive and at breakfast next morning Jamie our waiter was friendly and intentive that we had everything we wished, the chef at breakfast even came out to confim with us that our breakfast was ok. It honestly is the best breakfast we have had at a Premier Inn. Team work is very evident at this Premier Inn and all the staff deservedley need to be praised.

Dear Yvonne660

Thank you very much for your kind comments with regards to you recent stay at Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that our reception team made you feel very welcome on arrival and that this continued throughout your stay. I was particularly pleased to read kind comments regarding our restaurant team. I have passed your comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager, who asks that I convey her gratitude. I would agree with your comments it does take a great team to deliver great service and it is fantastic to receive such good feedback from one of our valued guests. Once again thanks for the kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to attend a family wedding. As our room was not yet ready the reception kindly welcomed us and gave us access to a very spacious meeting room to get ready in.

We enjoyed a light refreshment whilst getting ready and did not feel rushed or in the way at all.

The staff kindly stored our bags until we returned from our event which was after hours.

The night time receptionist - also very friendly - gave us our luggage so we could retire for the evening.

The staff smiled, laughed, joked and chatted to is throughout our short stay and made us feel more than welcome.

The room itself was amazing for what little we paid. A comfy night sleep with two choices of pillows - hard and soft! We didn't make use of the restaurant but the food on offer appeared to be good value for money.

The friendly staff absolutely make this hotel! Thanks for your kindness!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdelsKels
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear AdelsKels

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that our team made you feel welcome. I am particularly pleased that you found your bedroom to amazingly good value. I have passed your kind comments onto our team members, we are very fortunate to have a team who have a real passion and take pride in offering fantastic service to our guests. Once again thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Best Premier Inn we've stayed at .Every bit as good as some of the more expensive hotel chains. Paid £29 per night, best value ever. Inn looks a bit 'box like' on the outside but inside it is lovely. It isn't in a very pretty area and you are a fair distance from Ayr town centre. You are next to a main road, waste ground and Arnold Clark showroom but to be honest none of these matter when you are inside. The lounge and restaurant are lovely and the food is very reasonably priced; The room was very comfortable with a king sized bed and a lovely bathroom. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were efficient, polite and very helpful. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Joenie

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. Wow. What a fantastic review I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be the best Premier Inn you have stayed in and that we offer better value than more expensive hotel chains. I was particularly pleased to read that you found your room to be very comfortable with a king sized Hypnos bed. Our team work hard to maintain the high standards you experienced it is therefore gratifying to read you found the whole hotel to be spotlessly clean and that all our team members were efficient, polite and very helpful. Once again thank you for the kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here in April 2014, there was abviously no racing on, as it was the bargain price of £25 (booked well in advance while a sale was on) The room was typical premier inn style and we couldnt really fault it. The restaurant was very good in the evening, excellent service and great food at a very reasonable price. Staff were really helpful even though they were kept very busy and were certainly lacking in staff numbers at breakfast, it seemed there was only 1 chef with 1 front of house chap, who was working his ball off (all credit to him) I think the whole of breakfast would have crashed and burned without his efforts.... employee of the year material for sure, shame i cant recall his name (quite charismatic). Anyway our overall stay experience was superb. It's outside Ayr centre, but we knew this, reception was very helpful with a taxi.

Dear Preston_Traveler

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you took advantage of our Super Sale and were able to enjoy a fantastic room rate of £25.00. I have passed your kind comments with regards to our restaurant team to our Food and Beverage Manager who asks that I convey her thanks. I would love to discuss your experiences during our breakfast service so that I can ensure the team member on duty receives the recognition he disserves. I was pleased to read that you overall experience of our hotel was superb. Once again thank you for the kind review and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future