“Excellent value”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just spent four days and nights at this very basic but comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in Scotland. If you book early enough in advance, they offer terrific prices too. The staff were friendly if not inobtrusive; the bar was big enough to get a beer and head out. The parking was free and aplenty. The rooms were not large but roomy enough, and importantly, the beds were firm and always with fresh linen. We didn't eat there but friends with us did, and spoke highly of the quality and quantity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the A77 (although it didn't bother us that we did, though for some lig...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Sandi L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse,

I was pleased to read that you found our team to be welcoming and have displayed your comments on our team board for the team to read.

We pride ourselves on the fact we can offer our guests a great value room that is clean and comfortable so I was delighted to read we matched your needs in this respect.

I was also delighted to read that our facilities i.e. our bar and 106 space car park also met your requirements.

Once again I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

After following the given sat-nav postcode and ending up a mile away on a council estate, and then taking the wrong exit on the A77 roundabout which involved a 4 mile trip to return we found the hotel which needs signposting off the main roads. The rooms were smaller than normal, which we discovered was because the hotel had a previous life as a Holiday Inn Express. Rooms very clean and comfortable as is normal with Premier Inn. A good sized shower, which is safer than climbing into a bath with shower when you are of "bus-pass" age. No air-con surprisingly and it was rather warm to sleep although a fan was supplied. The breakfast was a let-down having to wait for bacon or eggs and the sole employee in the room seemed to be rushed off her feet trying to keep everyone happy. Walked the 5 mins to Subway the next day for a much more relaxed and better value breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear commander507,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was disappointed to read you felt aspects of your stay did not meet our usual high standards. I have noted your comments and can appreciate your frustration with the directions you were provided with and the experience you had with breakfast..

I would like to personally apologise for any disappointment caused and if you would like to further discuss any of the issues you experienced in relation to your stay with us here in Ayr please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel direct on 01292 272300.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here with family and does what it says on the tin really. A 10 minute drive into Ayr town centre. Nothing around it really so need a taxi into town if you fancy a few drinks or watch a game on TV. Quite a distance from the racecourse also so please don't think its a short walk.

Rooms were good, nice bathroom, shower was the strongest. Big problem with a family meal being charged incorrectly and spoiled an evening where we were all enjoying a drink and a catch up as a wedding had drawn us all together from all over the UK.

Breakfast was good but only one person trying to seat people, tidy up, be on top of the food not running out and this caused some delays. Not sure why the kitchen staff were unable to ensure that the cooked food was always available without customer having to ask for for more.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was disappointed to read you comments with regards you your family meal and the confusion over the billing. I have taken onboard your comments and would like to personally apologise for any disappointment caused by our Food and Beverage Team. It is vitally important for us to receive feedback from our guests because we constantly seek to exceed our guest’s expectation I would therefore like to thank you once again for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I would just like to say, our visit was made particularly welcoming, by all of the staff, but one person stood out from the rest, and that was a guy called Jamie he had such a pleasant personality, he made us feel very relaxed and welcome, not only to our party but on observation was very chatty to the other customers, will go far.
Alan E. & JB

Room Tip: You can rely on staff for help
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank alan e

Thank you for choosing Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. What a fantastic review, we are very proud of our team members because they show a real commitment to delivering brilliant service to our guests. I was particularly pleased to read your lovely comments with regards to Jamie; I will personally thank our team members on your behalf. Once again thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Appears to be a new build. surprisingly quiet location. Excellent reception staff. Especially as we had to provisionally book another night as there was some doubt our ferry would sail due to the adverse weather. He couldn't have been more helpful. We had booked the meal package for convenience and we weren't disappointed. A nice modern setting with a menu and service to match. An excellent meal. Breakfast was good - though the buffet style cooked brakfast is not what we have experienced in previous Premier Inn stays & I have to say was not as good as it could be. No supplies regularly & a 20 minute wait for scrambled egg. I much prefer the option to order & have it cooked for me. Nevertheless it was a great stay with great staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was pleased to read your kind comments with regards to our reception team and that they advised you about our fantastic Meal Deal options. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed you meal in our Thyme Restaurant. I was however disappointed to read your comments with regards to our Breakfast service. I have passed your feedback onto our Food and Beverage Manager who asks that I convey her apologies for any disappointment caused. I am grad that this did not mar an otherwise enjoyable stay. Once again thank you very much for the kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were checked in quickly and efficiently by a very pleasant member of staff. He explained the meal deal and booked us a table for dinner. The room was as expected from a Premier Inn, but very quiet considering it was so close to the main road. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows available. Dinner in the Thyme restaurant on site was very good value. Again the staff were very helpful and cheerful. They looked as if they enjoyed their jobs. The hard surfaces in the restaurant did make it a little noisy, but it was the buzz of happy people. Next morning, David explained the breakfast in detail including items that could be ordered in addition to the buffet. There was a wide choice of items on the buffet, so none could leave hungry! There was even a notice saying that you could have soya milk if required. The quality of the breakfast was much better than some 4/5 star hotels. Check-out was quick. would stay here if in the area again and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read your kind comments with regards to our team members and I will pass them on to everyone. We believe that a great start to a day begins with an all you can eat Premier Inn Breakfast. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your breakfast and that you felt it was better than some 4/5 star hotels. We love when a guest takes the time to share their feedback with regards to our hotel but even better is that a valued guest would recommend our hotel to other people. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very clean modern rooms.Staff very helpful.
Location is a mile from the Racecourse and 2.5 miles from town.
Very quiet Hotel.Plenty of parking and blue badge spaces.
Ayr is ideal for touring.
Visit Largs,Irvine,Troon.

Room Tip: Book early for best prices
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Janice B, Manager at Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Ayr A77 Racecourse. I was delighted to read that you found our team members to be both helpful and accommodating. We all work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcome and it is fantastic to receive a review from a guest confirming this. Once again thank you for the kind review and Haste Ye Back.