“We recommend Bythesea!”

Ranked #15 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
Elvanfoot
“We recommend Bythesea!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Our family group took three rooms at Bythesea and we all had a lovely time. It's well located, spotlessly clean, has wonderful beds, serves fantastic breakfast and the staff are friendly and warm - we found nothing wrong at all during our stay.

One of the highlights for me was hearing the sound of banter and laughter coming from the kitchen while we waited for breakfast. It's not often that one comes across people so happy in their work and it makes a big difference.

Room Tip: We were in Room 4 and the bed in there was superb. It's firm, but I like it like that.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sloopie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Lovely wee guest house 5 minutes walk from Ayr town center. Made feel welcome. We were in an attic room which may have been a challenge had we been any taller but room was spotless and very well equipped. Bed was very comfortable and room was cosy. Breakfast was lovely and there was the widest choice I've ever seen in such a small B&B. I would certainly go back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Hubby and I booked a cpl nights here,Saturday and Sunday, for our Wedding Anniversary, from start to end of stay it was great. The place is immaculate, We were in room 2 on first floor, lovely room, view wasn't great but that didn't bother us, the bed was soooooooooo comfortable, the room itself was lovely. I think it's great you get to order your breakfast the day before, you get exactly what you ask for and it is fab. I happened to mention it was our Anniversary and when We got back in from a shopping trip there was a lovely btl of wine a big box of chocolates, Thanx very much, We thought it was a lovely touch. We will be back soon. Oh forgot to mention the biscuits and the tablet was lovely with a wee cup of coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I agree with all the comments on here. Its just a great place to stay. The location is brilliant, so close to the beach for walking and easy reach for the town centre. Facilities were brilliant much more than you would expect in a guesthouse. Definately returning here.

Room Tip: First time staying here, room was on the front of house at road side but there was no trouble with n...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed in the twin room on the ground floor which I had requested for ease of access. The room was spacious and cosy. I enjoyed having the use of the lounge where I chatted to staff and other guests - when traveling alone this makes a difference. The Scottish breakfast was good and the shortbread biscuits melted in the mouth. Staff were warm and friendly and helpful in regards to directions and finding a place to eat. Being close to the beach was lovely and I was even lucky enough to enjoy some sunshine

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Greenock
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We booked this at the last minute, because of short notice and just needing a break away for the night, this was the first place I tried, and was told there wasn't any rooms available at first, then the owner called me straight back and said she accomadate us, (you would get that any where else!) I've been and worked in Ayr loads of times and always styled in hotels, but this guest house change my mind for the future! It was immaculate, welcoming, very well decorated and the room had everything you could ask for, iron board, iron, hair dry airier and straighters (not that I need them! Lol) and loads of stuff, the breakfast was amazing and anything you wanted was there! Brilliant stay and thanks again for calling me back, I'll defo be contacting you again, John & Lorraine

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Quiet avenue two blocks from the beach and a few blocks from the city center. Absolutely loved the rustic feel of the rooms and appreciated the use of reclaimed wood and fixtures. Breakfast was excellent. Check in & Check out was very smooth and the owners were attentive. We were only there for a night but the 80 quid rate for a family en suite was an excellent value

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family