“Great stay. Will miss it.”
Review of Woodcroft Cottages

Woodcroft Cottages
Ranked #6 of 7 Speciality Lodging in Ayr
Islamabad, Pakistan
“Great stay. Will miss it.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Family stayed in Dairy Cottage for two months. It was very comfortable. Kitchen is beautiful and spacious and falls in the living area. Bedrooms are clean and pretty. It is conveniently located next to a bus stop and local town is a 7 mins beautiful walk. Land lady is very friendly and accommodating. Upstairs is a bath with shower however the lower ground bath has a tub which doesn't come in handy when two or more people are staying and in need of quick standing showers.We hardly used the lower ground bath for this reason. Over all good experience.

• Stayed March 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have just returned from staying 6 nights in Dairy Cottage. It has the potential to be a beautiful holiday home but at the moment is somewhat tired & dated. The owner was helpful & attentive and I can't fault her but the cottage really needs a bit of money spent on it. Good points are its location. It's within walking distance to Ayr town centre or there is a regular bus service with a stop just across the road. Also very close to the beach. The garden is lovely & perfect if you are taking your dog. The downstairs of the cottage is ok. Nothing spectacular but comfortable. The bedrooms upstairs are pretty poor. One was crammed with furniture & the other was dingy & stark. Neither had wardrobes & we had to hang our clothes on a metal coat rail. The drawers contained belongings of previous occupants including a bottle of medicine. Everything was provided but just felt poor quality. The duvets & pillows have certainly seen better days & the towels were thin & threadbare. There wasn't even any soap in the bathrooms which I would expect as standard. We paid £650 for 6 nights in this cottage & for that I would expect more than just basic & functional. I stay in a lot of self catering properties & most owners realise that guests are looking for a bit more than the very basics these days. We wouldn't return to Dairy Cottage which is a shame as it really could be lovely if the owners spent some time, money & effort in bringing it up to modern day holiday standard.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BagsRus22
anneh23, Owner at Woodcroft Cottages, responded to this review, 25 December 2014
I had problems with the short changeover of only 6 hours but my housekeepr and iIneeded days to bring it up to the usual standard A doctor and family had stayed for a few weeks and was taking a weeks away but left the majority of the family belongings.

When I realized that the doctor and his family would return and not take their belonings I phopned this group of guests about 2 weeks before they were due to arrive to offer them another, Woodcroft cottage which is not as large but had enough beds however they did no that wish to change.

I had a problem with this particular changover .

I regret taking this booking. As I did not have time to make it as I would have liked to present Dairy cottage

I am sorry to the guests.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went to Dairy Cottage for a short break, homemade cake and a lovely bouquet of flowers on arrival added a personal touch.

It was a 'catch up' chill break with all the girls. Bedrooms basic but very clean, the rest of the cottage had a lovely homely feel with everything you would need. The owner Ann is a great character and very helpful. Would go back and recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jacqui R
Ballyclare
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Met by owner Mrs Hardie who was very helpful with everything. 2 bedrooms, 1 twin & 1 double, roomy enough, plenty of storage space. Adequate size of living room & kitchen which included small dining area. Enclosed back garden, patio area.
Situated 5min walk from shops, 10 to beach. Very quiet area.
Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
raymond, nh
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the woodcroft cottage and loved it. !!! The living rooms was beautifully deocrated and very romantic with the gas stove. I loved the kitchen and bedroom. My favorite was the beautfiul gardens in the back yard where my husband and I would sit in the conservatory and enjoyed every moment we were there. The place was immaculate!!!! Ms Hardie was very friendly and I sat with her for a spot of tea. It is a wonderful place to stay. My inlaws live in Ayr and we will definately go back again. No need to worry about this cottage. It is beautifully decorated and very clean. We loved it.....Best of it was a very quiet area of town. It was well worth it for us to be there. Stef and Dan USA

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smullaney
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We rented the Dairy cottage twice this year. 3 weeks in January and 2 weeks in May. We really like this cottage. The location is very good. Walking distance to beach and town centre. . There are also several hotels and restaurants nearby, where you can have very good meals. The cottage is located in a quiet but very upmarket part of Ayr. The cottage itself suits us very well. We always have family from Glasgow and Edinburgh staying over a couple of days. With the two bathrooms an three bedrooms there is plenty of space for everyone. The place is clean and perfectly equipped with Sky television and WIFI.
We also like the fact that the owners live nearby. When you arrive for the first time they give you a warm personal welcome and instruction of the heating, Kitchen equipment, Sky television, WIFI etc. We experienced also that they react very quickly and friendly if you need more help or when you have questions about the cottage or the area.
We certainly recommend this holiday cottage!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed at Dairy Cottage for one week. The first thing that struck us on arrival was the homely feel of the cottage, and how immaculately clean it was. On arrival, Mrs Hardie had a tea tray lined up with the most scrumptious home made fruit cake for us all to enjoy, as well as fresh flowers on the table. The kitchen was spotless, with sparkling cupboards and appliances, big family fridge-freezer, and everything one needs to make cooking whilst on holiday, a pleasurable and efficient experience. All appliances of the best quality. The huge sitting room has wonderfully comfortable sofas, cushions and tartan rugs for snuggled evenings by the fire!The bedrooms had comfortable, fluffy, beds and boy, were they warm! You are spoiled for choice: you can either relax in bath, in the bathroom downstairs, or enjoy a nice hot shower upstairs. My dog Johnny, felt perfectly at home in the pretty garden that he claimed for himself and had a great time playing ball in the lawn. The cottage is just a stone's throw from Ayr's city centre, located in a quiet neighbourhood of beautiful tree-lined streets and, oh, so very peaceful and quiet. Mr and Mrs Hardie (the landlords) welcomed us warmly and were there for us with useful tips for exploring the area. We had a wonderful, restful, and extremely comfortable stay at the Dairy Cottage. In order to appreciate it, you have to experience it yourself. Do it! Edna, Beto and Vania- London

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends