“Perfect place for children to try Indian cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rupee Room

The Rupee Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rupee Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 184 Restaurants in Ayr
Price range: US$19 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for children to try Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were in Scotland visiting family and they recommended The Rupee Room. My children had never had Indian cuisine before and I was a little anxious about how they would find it. The manager (I presume) was very welcoming and particularly attentive of the children from the outset. He invited them to watch the naan being made at the viewing window and then offered them a look in the kitchen to see how the chef cooked the bread in the tandoor.

The food we received was very generous in portion size and the chicken pakora was particularly good for children. The manager was very attentive once again, while giving us time to enjoy our starters at leisure. The main meals were again very generous in size and the naan bread was huge. We had a selection of bread, garlic, peshwari and plain and two bowls of rice to accompany the main dishes. This was more than enough food for three adults and two children.

When it came to desserts my children were able to remember the Gulab Jamin they had made at school and the manager engaged well with my children talking about how this dessert was particularly nice with ice cream, whichis what they opted for.

When we left the restaurant the children were given a lollipop and the manager was once again very attentive in bringing us our coats and helping the ladies in getting them on. As a first visit to an Indian restaurant with my children this was perfect. The staff were great with my children, the food was delicious and very generous in portion size and at £10 a head it was amazing value. I will definitely visit this restaurant again when we come back to Ayr.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Pinot G

Chester, United Kingdom
“Take Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were staying in Scotland with family and fancied an Indian...Oh my gosh, so glad we picked the Rupee Room!

It was the best Indian we have eaten in a long time and got a real treat when we opened the onion bargee up as it was one massive bargee, like a tear n share...fab made my day.

The food was hot and tasty, loved it and they delivered, would definitely recommend this place (for a take out at least).

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Car0line_1984
Dunbar, United Kingdom
“Great Food -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had meal here before a friends wedding - there was a group of 7 of us. Food was excellent - good quality and range on the menu and service was excellent - window on the tandoor oven was nice feature - great Indian restaurant really enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dunbar2873
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Another very good meal at an excellent price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Food is very good, nan breads are good size as are portions. Absolutely no complaints at all. 5 of us including drinks was £75.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kenmavor
“Family night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The best India resturant in Ayr , was there Saturday night with 15 family members ,the service and food was 1st class and the garlic nan bread is the best I ve ever tasted and I ve been in a few Indian resturant in my time , big thanks to Brian and his staff .

2 Thank David C