“Indian takeaway”

Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We believe the service, surroundings, atmosphere and quality of food are of equal importance, it is this attention to detail that ensures we are the first choice for many locals and visitors, the high number of returning customers speaks for itself. Ayr India - First Class.
Isle of Islay
“Indian takeaway”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

While staying at the caravan club site my wife and I ordered an Indian takeaway from Ayr India.It was delivered at the stated time.The portions were very generous and the food was well cooked.Neither of us managed to eat everything!We both had the chicken karahi and thoroughly enjoyed it.I can highly recommend this restaurant for its authentic Indian food. We would certainly order from here again.

• Visited May 2014

“Good but expensive ”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with the family and the staff are very attentive, not to be fussy but they were a little too attentive at times when I would rather be left to enjoy my meal. The food was really good and they told us just to let them know how we would like our food. We didn't wait too long for our food to arrive and we all enjoyed it. I got veggie korma and there were veg I don't like in there but that's my fault for not telling them what I wanted in it beforehand so make sure you check what's in the dishes if your fussy like me. Also there was an issue with lemon seeds being in the drinks from the slices of lemons added to the drinks, would have been better for them to remove these from the slices first. Overall it was a good experience and would have given it 4 stars but the price was a bit on the high side and that's with a special offer they were running at 2 main meals for the price of one, I dread to think what the bill would have been without the special offer.

Staffordshire
“Fantastic Service.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

There are two Ayr Indias, one on the sea front and this one and some of the reviews are obviously muddled. The service is excellent, great humour and attentive. The food selection is very good and all is well presented. There are two things however that you must be aware of. When offered popadoms you are then charged for multiples of two popadoms + the price for each condiment which adds £6.40 to your bill (in all the restaurants we have eaten in they are usually free!). They will also try to sell you as much drink as possible and it is not cheap. The food is ok, nice flavours and presentation, but the quality of the meat, especially the chicken, did not seem brilliant to me. Coplimentary drinks at the end are a nice touch. Overall I felt a bit over charged for what is ok rather than exceptional food, but the service makes up for some of it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hortonkirbyboy
Stirling UK
“Chicken Tikka cooked to perfection”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I would say I am a connoisseur of Indian food, but that would be a lie.But I am an expert on Chicken Tikka and this one was five stars plus.

“Great food great service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Friendly personnel service, serving great food in relaxing suroundings. Huge choice of menu serves all tastes. You are always made to feel you know the staff personally.

• Visited March 2014