The Chestnuts Hotel
US$111
US$107
US$93
Chalmers Bed & Breakfast Ayr(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$76
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$99
US$121
US$81
PremierInn.com
All reviewsvegan menuhave eaten heregarden roomfirst classlog firecullen skinkbooked a tablelovely mealsingle roomwould highly recommend this hotelwell worth a visitcouldn't faultreturn visitfull scottish breakfasttown centrestayed here for one nightbed and breakfast
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I visited Ayr in late September and I was very impressed with this hotel.

I arrived in the evening and the service was excellent. I had a room on the first floor, which was big, clean and well decorated. The hotel is located in a quiet but safe part of town and I had no qualms about walking back to the hotel in the evening. The hotel has lots of character which I liked.

The hotel itself is located within walking distance of the town centre. It took me 20 minutes to walk to the train station. However, It is definitely worth the walk and it is possible to take a slight detour and walk along the seafront from the town, which is well worth doing. If not, the beach is only a five minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel has a lovely bar and great food. The bed was extremely comfortable. I had breakfast early and the food was great and the service excellent. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to others.

For the amount I paid, I think the hotel is great value for money and I will definitely visit the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A small hotel, very close to Ayr seafront and within reach of the town centre. It has a vibrant feel. The staff are very welcoming. There is a formal restaurant and a bar that also serves food. They have an early supper menu in either the bar or restaurant, which is similar to the main menu but slightly smaller portions. The food is excellent with a good choice which includes some Scottish dishes.
The rooms are all slightly different but have a some nice touches in them to give an individual but scottish feel, some have baths and some just showers.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are over the bar and in front of a main road which we thought would be noisy but we were pleasntly surprised not to be bothered by either.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChrisiG2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for one night for a wedding nearby. We were allowed early checkin to get ready and the staff were very friendly. The room was clean with a large comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean but could have done with some updating, though the shower was new and powerful.
The breakfast the following morning was again served by friendly staff - despite ordering five minutes before breakfast finished, they didn't mind which made it relaxing.
Free parking too with plenty spaces. Would recommend as it's ideally located for the town centre and the racecourse.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

What a fantastic place for my parents to Celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary. We have stayed before and my parents wanted to celebrate their Golden Wedding back in the town where they grew up and were eventually married. The Chestnuts bent over backwards to accommodate us and our guests and they all remarked on the excellent service, choice and quality of food and the open and friendly atmosphere. The attention to the detail really made the difference.

The Chestnuts is ideally situated for the town of Ayr and the surrounding country side and the major golf courses. Each morning it's a five minute walk for a bracing walk along the beech before breakfast and again at night to watch spectacular sunsets over Arran before settling down to a varied choice of gourmet food. The chefs must be congratulated on their wide accommodating menus that would put most 5* hotels to shame.

The Steel's must be congratulated on creating a home from home, in one of the most welcoming towns in Scotland. They obviously run a happy ship as the staff appear to enjoy their work and always put the residents needs as their own priority. Well done guys, can't wait until our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I needed a last minute hotel in Ayr for business and chose Chestnuts on the strength of reviews on here.

It lived up to expectations as well. Room was spacious and well-equipped with flat screen TV, tea/coffee/biscuits, water and even a couple of books to read!

I ate in the bar at night and the food was delicious. The staff were also superb, they remembered my drink order after the first time and the kind barman even let me use his phone charger.

I will definitely use this hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business