All reviews vegan menu macaroni cheese first class family meal lovely lunch booked a table single room lovely hotel ayr beach full scottish breakfast black pudding stayed here for one night bed and breakfast haggis grant mains ayrshire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my third stay at Chestnuts Hotel, and once again I could not fault it!

Room was spotlessly clean, warm welcome from the staff, great food, football in the bar and some good conversation with locals/staff - what more could you want? Oh yes, free parking and Wi-Fi - they have that too!

Top class.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for a night in a single room during my tour of Scotland.

The hotel is located in a beautiful area of Ayr. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a great view of the backyard garden. I loved being able to open the window. The television was fairly new and had a number of channels available.

The dining room was nicely decorated and full of local residents having their Sunday night family dinner. The dinner menu was extensive and very reasonably priced. I had the chicken caesar salad which was outstanding.

The bar area is large and looked like a fun place to hang out.

The full Scottish breakfast was included in the price of the room, and I have to say it has to be one of the largest and best in the entire country. (If you look up "Full Scottish Breakfast" in the dictionary, a picture of this breakfast would be shown.)

Service at the hotel and restaurant was friendly and professional the entire time.

I would definitely stay here again.

(Note for American readers, this was a European sized single room, which means that it is physically small, but a tremendous value -- especially with the included breakfast. Just be aware that if you need a large room, you may need to upgrade to a double or triple. Also, there is no bath tub, and the shower is about 32" square.)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We are a party of golfers from Leeds and have stayed at this hotel for a number of years and use the hotel as a base for four days golfing each May.

The staff are always very helpful and very friendly and the food is always excellent. Highly recommended for a holiday with family or for golfing parties.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My dad and I had the pleasure of staying one night at Chestnuts after a round at Turnberry. Of a 7 night holiday through Scotland, this was our consensus favorite stay. Grant, the owner, is superb. He meets with the guests in the restaurant/bar and makes you feel at home. Al (Alister?) at the bar and Maria in the breakfast room, were terrific hosts as well. The place is beautiful - very to date and tasteful. If we are ever in the area again, it is guaranteed we are staying here! Thanks Chestnuts Team for a wonderful stay. -Derek and Dale.

Room tip: We each had a 1 bed-1 bath on the 1st level. Perfect.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have used this place for over 7 years and have never been disappointed not once. We have eaten here and also socialised with other couples and large groups. Service excellent, staff excellent and has a superb management team. This is a perfect example of how it should be done so take note.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catastrophicend