The Chestnuts Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ayr
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvegan menuhave eaten heregarden roomfirst classlog firecullen skinkbooked a tablelovely mealsingle roomwould highly recommend this hotelwell worth a visitcouldn't faultreturn visitfull scottish breakfasttown centrestayed here for one nightbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Check in was fine, the staff are friendly, the room was clean, bed was comfy (2 singles pushed together ),the room I had was overlooking the garden which was lovely &the road but had very little noise, we ate in the hotel there was nt a slot at the time we wanted but they got us a table in the bar which was pretty packed with locals, the food was lovely & the staff could nt have been more helpful, when we finished our meal we sat out in the garden which is lovely & peaceful but when we came back in we could nt get a seat & there does nt seem to be a residence lounge, The Chestnuts seems to be used a lot by locals, all in all it was a lovely stay & would go back again.The staff are all lovely & very friendly.The hotel is in a residential area but is within walking distance of the town.

Room Tip: There is no lift in this hotel but theres not a lot of stairs, anyone who has problems getting in &out of the bath ask for a room with a shower only .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Had a fabulous lunch today to celebrate my sisters birthday. Food fabulous, staff first class, attentive and friendly. Venue excellent. Will definitely return here again soon. Highly recommend this hotel to those who have never been here.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We as a family love this place. Just wish it could be nearer to our home. But worth the travel , a little taste of heaven ,great for all the family . Staff amazing . thank you again so much , from your friends the Lothian family

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Chestnuts Hotel is a lovely small hotel with fantastic staff. We had stayed in room #11 , a Family room with a double bed and single bed. I was a little worried as I could not find a good picture online of the room before I went, but the room was great. It was big and had a window on each opposite wall to allow a nice cross breeze. It was also very well cleaned each day.
The front staff at check in ( I unfortunately cannot remember his name) was very friendly and helpful. We arrive early and our room was not quite ready for us, as we expected of course so no complaints here, so we walked down to the seaside as it was a beautiful sunny day. When we got back about 45 minutes later the room was ready for us and our (very heavy) luggage was carried upstairs.
The food was delicious! We ate lunch outside in the garden and dinner in the bar later that evening and both times the food was fantastic!
My only little complaint was that on the first night in our room, there was a strange noise just outside the wall. It sounded like a loud knocking/whirring which kept us all up for hours. We had to dig around for our earplugs ( including for our 8 year old) because there was not hope of sleep with it constantly going. I don't know what it was , either it was mechanical or a piece of exhaust equipment from the kitchen, who knows. We did not complain to the front desk the next day as we crossed our fingers and hoped it would not be a repeat for the second night. The second night , not a peep! The beds were very comfortable so we slept like logs:)
I would defiantly recommend this small charming hotel to anyone who is visiting this area and if I head back this way , I will be staying there once again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family and friends stayed at this Hotel for a wedding. The Hotel was busy with other parties but could not be more helpful or welcoming - lovely atmosphere and welcome. Room was really clean, comfortable (in fact we overslept) and the breakfast was excellent. Hotel was very generous when we were running late checking out too - could not have asked for a better place to be!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends