“get yourself here for a lovely coffee and cake”
Review of Foxhat Tearoom - CLOSED

Foxhat Tearoom
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Description: Charming tearoom in the heart of Ayr Town Centre. Friendly atmosphere, homebaked cakes and delicious tea and coffee.
dumfries
“get yourself here for a lovely coffee and cake”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

lovely cosy small tearoom with lovely staff.Good coffee not bitter not burnt just right.lovely scones. The otherside of the shop has really nice clothes.well done ladies

Visited September 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delight!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I love visiting this special little place, in cobbledy Newmarket Street in Ayr. Every detail has clearly been lovingly thought out, from the gorgeous & tasteful selection of clothes and homeware to the quirky little tearoom with the vintage china and delicious homebaking (the carrot cupcakes are divine!). In my experience, the staff have always been friendly and helpful. I most recently visited this weekend with my young daughter and parents and we received excellent customer service from both members of staff. I really appreciated the time that was taken over making sure we had a good experience. Ayr is very lucky to have such an appealing, attractive shop! Exciting to hear that a book club might be in the pipeline...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura D
Monica F, Owner at Foxhat Tearoom, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about Foxhat. Our aim for the shop is to offer quality clothing and homeware but most of all friendly and inviting customer service. Glad to know we are getting it right.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
FHx

PS the 1st bookclub is on Friday 31st August 2012 at 11.30am.
Troon, United Kingdom
“just fab”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I honestly cannot find a nicer shop in Ayr. Its beautifully presented. The service is wonderful, and the coffee is DELISIOUS-always promtly searved with a smile. I have bought many items of clothing from Foxhat - just can't seem to stop myself buying something when I visit. I always look forward to visiting Foxhat and I'm always bragging about it to my friends. LOVE IT!!! Thank you Foxhat ladies - couldn't live without you!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank gillian m
Paisley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch Shop in Ayr”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very surprised by previous review. Have been in Foxhat several times and have always found the staff extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly. The coffee is amazing and the scones even more so. I bought a beautiful dress and couldn't believe the service. Thank you Foxhat ladies. Keep up the amazing work.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank AnnMonaghan
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly...I can't rate the coffee, I couldn't get any.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Everything about this place appeals to me. I pass it pretty much everyday on my way to work the window displays are beautiful and I always want to pop in and have a look but never have the time.
I was delighted to find myself free one afternoon when passing it and went in with a friend for a look around and a coffee. I was so massively disappointed when, instead of being met with a smile or even just a polite hello, We were greeted with a glare. I wandered around the store and again approached the sales assistant, trying to show I wanted some help. Nothing she just glared at me. Terrible service, there is just no need for that level of ignorance.
Typical, the one shop in Ayr that really takes my fancy, and the staff are rude.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank emeraldgreen3
Monica F, Owner at Foxhat Tearoom, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks you very much for taking the time to post your review of Foxhat on trip advisor - we very much value all of our customers feedback. I am so sorry that on this occasion your experience was not a more positive one. We are a family run independant business that has been trading for just over a year. One of our main reasons for statring the shop was to provide excellent customer service and products that were just a little bit different. We have many loyal customers from Ayr and beyond and very much enjoy being part of the community we have created.

We would love for you to give us another chance - why not pop in again, sit down, relax and enjoy our delicious coffee and home baking?

I look forward to seeing you soon & please ask for me when you are in and I'll happy to help you with any assistance you require.

Best wishes Monica @ Foxhat