“Sensational soups”

Pandora Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pandora offers a warm and friendly atmosphere, we have a table license and offer an excellent range of snacks and meals. A full Scottish breakfast is available, when you can relax with the newspapers, A range of pizzas are cooked in our authentic Italian pizza oven. Pasta's, salad bowls, daily specials are all cooked to order to sit in or take away. There is also choice of home made soups each day and a wide range of baking all made on the premises. Various ice cream sweets and specialty teas and coffees to meet everyone's taste, guarantee a memorable visit. We are members of Visit Scotland and the Eat Scotland initiative.
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Sensational soups”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had not visited this place in a while , glad I returned . The soups are all home made and delicious served with crusty bread and butter reasonably priced too. I can also recommend the scones large and very tasty . Well worth a visit

• Visited September 2013

“Average. Poor customer service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I recently went to Pandoras at 2:45pm for my lunch(as i do most days). I was looking forward to some broth soup, which is delicious, & a chicken & coleslaw wrap. I asked for my soup then proceeded to ask for my wrap to which the lady replied "Sorry the kitchen is closed. I could make you a sandwich or a toastie." I was horrified as she could take the time to turn on the toastie machine & wait till it had cooked but could not make me a wrap which takes less! I asked her about making a wrap & the reply i got was a very blunt NO!

My friend who i was with also asked for the piece of Gingerbread cake that was displayed @ the cake stand. Which the lady replied "thats for display only" i just felt like she couldnt be bother & very let down from the staff & as i am a regular in the cafe. I will be taking my services elsewere in the future!!

• Visited September 2013
Troon, United Kingdom
“GREAT CAFE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Staff always very welcoming, friendly and efficient and the cafe has a lovely atmosphere. The food is good, especially love the pancakes and cakes. It is tastefully furnished with beautiful dark wood panelling and in the winter, lovely fire. We have travelled over the world and rate pandora Coffee House as our favourite cafe.

• Visited August 2013
Ayr
“The food was ok but............”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Been in this little coffee house from time to time over past few years. Very clean, coffee good and food ok, but let down very very badly today by staff. I was showing a friend around Ayr for the day and discovered a really bad attitude with the staff -who looked at each other when we entered with the look that says - what a pest, we've got customers. My friend remarked on it and we felt uncomfortable, wouldn't be in a hurray back.

Visited June 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“At Best Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Myself and my (well trained) nearly 3yr old went for breakfast on a quiet Thursday morning. We were greeted, after we had been sitting for a few minutes, with a short "They are real you know" as my son was lifting the carnations out if the small vases as he was smelling them. He was in no way unsupervised (as I was helping him lift them out and he was very calm sitting at the table. "It's got water in it you know" the very welcoming voice informed me which I was obviously aware as I was holding the small vase.

Our order was taken from asking what we wanted from over the counter without coming to the table. When our order arrived each of our rolls and sausage were a bit dissappointing. The roll was lovely and fresh and the sauasages were the very excellent ones fron the butchers around the corner but in each roll there was 2 very small sausages which surely would be classed as chipolatas! And for £2.50 each! Also the earl grey teah ad lost all its bergmot taste as was purely black tea.

So in summary an unfriendly welcome, great roll and sausage but severley over priced, I think I may be venturing else where

• Visited May 2013