“Very very good”

Beaches Guest House
Ranked #1 of 54 Ayr B&B and Inns
“Very very good”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here through work for a night after working all day in constant rain and freezing conditions........upon arrival we were met by a warm welcome and most importantly a nice hot lobby and rooms.........rooms were very clean,modern and very comfortable with good wifi signal and freeview tv but to cap it all off was the homemade shortbread in a tin in rooms and it was epic...........next morning had a full brekkie with coffee and was again delightful although I never had toast my colleague did and there was homemade jam to put on it......to cap it off you'll be hard pushed to fault this place in fact if you find fault I dunno where you could .....will defo stay again 100%

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Leeds
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I literally cannot fault this place in the slightest! After a long journey and a hard day we were greeted warmly with homemade shortbread and tea on arrival. The place was immaculate, modern and the rooms were all beautiful. Even though we hadn't paid for breakfast, Jan made us toast and tea with gorgeous homemade jams. She couldn't have been a better host, thank you so much! Just wish we had found this place sooner! Keep up the good work !!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Azzibeeeee
Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked this B&B based on its reviews and the extremely competitive price. It's location is within walking distance to town and one or two streets away from the main thoroughfare. Jan (the proprietor) was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. She was attentive and more then willing to accommodate any request. Her sense of humor and warm "friend like" manner was so refreshing and much appreciated, especially since I was traveling by myself. Breakfast was beautifully presented, extrememly delicious and the portion size was quite substantial. My room was exceptionally cozy and immaculately clean. I especially loved the beautiful tartan carpet. The bed in my room was so comfortable that I missed dinner because I fell asleep and did not wake until the next morning (11 hours later). I can not say enough about this B&B. I have traveled extensively and stayed in many many hotels and B&B's and Beaches by far is the best place I have ever stayed. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone and am looking forward to my next trip to Scotland and visiting Jan and her WONDERFUL B&B. Not to mention the best Scottish shortbread biscuits that I have ever tasted.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked the Beaches for my friend and I,as we were wanting a few days away.
I could'nt have found anywhere better to stay.Room excellent,food excellent and
Jan as the host is second to none.Everywhere was spotless,and it had a great
atmosphere.Jan also bakes shortbread and it is placed in your room-I have
never tasted shortbread like it-yummy.You really must try the Beaches,I
recommend it 100%.

Two Country Friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Gent
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The lovely proprietor Jan made us feel right at home after a long trip with a hot cup of tea and some tasty self-baked shortbread (sweet biscuits). Jan and partner Callum are the embodiment of Scottish hospitality: friendly, helpful, caring and always up for a laugh. Jan is a real "mom" to her visitors, no request is too much for her. She also has a thing for cleanliness. She will make sure your room is in an excellent, spotless condition from the moment you step in. Even a speckle of dust on the mirror gets removed instantly.

Apart from the cleanliness, the rooms are very comfy and nicely decorated. They are not the biggest in the world and the interior is quite traditional, but they're cozy. They just give you a warm feeling. The bed's mattress is quite firm, which I personally like.

In the morning you get treated to a sensational home-cooked Scottish or continental breakfast. In fact, you can just ask Jen to mix the ingredients up and have your own "hybrid" breakfast. The fresh ingredients make the scrambled eggs with bacon and toast simply excellent.

Staying at Beaches gives you a warm, relaxed feeling. It's something that every B&B strives for, but only a few really succeed in. Our trip here was excellent and since my girlfriend is staying in a university nearby, we will be dropping by regularly and advising this lovely B&B to all our family and friends that want to come and visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
glenrothes
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked this B&B at the last minute.The photos shown on the internet looked amazing and it definitely is.Everything is spotless and beautifully presented.Jan and her hospitality are second to none.Homemade shortbread and jams are to die for and the breakfast ? Well,I'll say no more as you MUST experience this and can assure you,you will not leave hungry !Perfect find and no B&B will ever be as lovely as this one.Oh and so sorry again Jan for Drew's mishap with the wine !!

Room Tip: All perfect !Don't miss this B&B.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
glasgow
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked this as a last minute weekend away and weren't expecting much . We were so pleased that when we got there it was amazing. We were greeted by Jan on a first name basis like we were one of her old friends. The room was spotless and tastefully decorated . The bed was so comfy . The breakfast was out of this world and cooked to order so you only got the things you liked which was great. We have nothing bad to say about this wee place it's a gem and we will be returning . Nothing is to much trouble for Jan she's a great lady. Thanks for a fantastic weekend . Karen and Chris

• Stayed December 2013