“Great value meal”

Ranked #63 of 186 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Relaxed eatery during the day where our chefs transform fresh local produce into mouth watering dishes to suit all tastes.Our beer garden and children’s adventure playground is the only one of its kind in ayr town centre and is open from easter till the sun fades away. It is fully enclosed and will keep the kids busy while you enjoy lunch and a cool drink in our sun-trap.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Great value meal”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went for quick bite to eat before going on waverely the 2 meals for £9.99 was terrific value. The meals were great portion and quality was very good. Service excellent overall great food and worth a return visit.

• Visited August 2014

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hidden gem.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went here with my family whilst on holiday in Ayr.
Had a look on Tripadvisor first for places to take my young daughter. Chose this place, located down a dead end street.
We parked in the car park at the end of the street and walked down. Welcomed in by smiling staff and seated at the window. Lovely modern, clean restaurant. I noticed booths with TV's showing children's television off to one side, I'd have sat there if I'd noticed at the time (would've been great to have it pointed out, especially with my 6 year old).
Great sounding menu and I struggled to choose from the delicious sounding options.
The children's menu was pretty good too, my daughter had the Tempura chicken and completely DEMOLISHED the plate. She asked, more than once, to go back again throughout the holiday. We were also given a 15% off coupon for a return visit (contact details must be provided) so we were keen to go back but we just didn't find the time.
I had a burger with slow cooked onions, red onion, onion rings, bacon , cheese and bbq sauce. Extreme and fantastic (pic included).
My partner had the steak pie and had no complaints, I tried the gravy, very tasty.

There was a bit of confusion when it came time to settle the bill. I went up to the bar to pay but was told the bill would be taken to my table, but then no-one came to collect it so I went up to the bar again and paid/tipped. Wasn't an issue but just a bit confusing. I also tried unsuccessfully to flag down one of the waitresses to order another drink, would've been helpful to have just been served by one waitress rather than the two but it was a quiet lunchtime and people need breaks etc.

The bill came to less than £30 if I remember correctly so very affordable for good food in a really cool setting, with decent service. Definitely would recommend to anyone and I'll go back if I'm ever in the area.

• Visited July 2014
Carndonagh, Ireland
“nice bar”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

nice decor.great music and great coctails and very reasonably priced.. went there a cpl time that weekend

Visited July 2014
Cei Connah
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It is always worrying when you walk into a restaurant and its basically empty, we had picked West of the Moon based on Tripadvisor reviews and i must say i was disappointed.

My starter was a puck sized piece of deep fried goats cheese, far too much cheese, lack of accompliments and my friend had deep fried chicken tempura that was essentially tasteless.

The mains we both ordered burgers that had what i assume was melted sliced cheese, along with a far too rich caramelised onion dressing, essentially it was just a myriad of ingredients thrown onto a burger with pale thin tasteless fries.

Visited July 2014
ayrshire scotland
“Great return visit”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Two courses and a glass of wine deal Staff welcoming and friendly as usual Hubby had nacho started and I had a little open lasagne with chicken and chorizo both very nice Steak pie for him with lovely big chunks of melt in the mouth steak and lovely presentation of veg I had a wonderful option of chicken in spices on skewers with couscous a lovley dip and salad which was very fresh - perfect for a summer evening We both had the Mars bar cheesecake wihich was just awesome ! We'll be back - especially with 15 per cent discount on next visit

• Visited June 2014