“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Had a overnight stay at this hotel on Sunday 28th July to Monday 29th. A fantastic hotel staff are all lovely and very helpfull.our room was fantastic very modern bed was very comfy .our room was spotless . We will defo be booking another night here soon

Room Tip: Hotel was very good but meals and breakfast a bit pricey .but plenty of places to eat in ayr so that...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review, I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire team and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

Lindsay STeele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is nice, the staff are excellent and the hotel is kept to a good standard and the room we were in had a great view of the sea! It has a nice bar where you can sit on comfy sofa while have a few drinks and it is right in the heart of Ayr.......

But unfortunately this counts for nothing if you cant sleep.....the seagulls nesting on rooftops all around the hotel make it almost impossible to sleep i feel sorry for this hotel as all the good work they do within is let down by a circumstance they cannot control - the pests outside.

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback following your recent stay with us.

As you say, unfortunately at this time of year, there is an adundance of seagulls nesting on the rooftops of Ayr. This is something that we have no control over but is something that we are very aware of. There has been a marked increase in their numbers this year and the council are aware of this also.

I am delighted that you have commented on the team as they are often praised for their friendly and helpful nature.

I do hope that the seagulls have not marred your image of the hotel and, should you be planning any future trips to Ayr, you may consider staying with us again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for only one night. it is fairly typical of a mid priced chain hotel. All the staff were very friendly and concerned to provide a good service My room on the sixth floor at the front was reasonable and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was small but perfectly fine for me. The room was meant for two, and I suspect with two would feel rather cramped. The choice of food in the restaurant for dinner was good and the self service breakfast has a good range. Generally the hotel needs a refresh and a refurbish. I noticed too many things where there was minor damage or scuff marks of some age. I think this was reasonable for the price I paid and fine for a one or possibly two nights.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased that you found your stay adequate for your needs.

The team are often complimented on their friendly and approachable nature and I am delighted that you too found them to be this way. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again on any future business in Ayr and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed for three nights, ideal location. Friendly staff and very clean and comfortable room.

Pool and facilities excellent. Reasonable rates too. Only problem was the seagulls but in a hotel close to the seaside not an awful lot could be done about them.

All in all, a most enjoyable three nights was had.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay, I am delighted it was such an enjoyable one.

I will be sure to pass your comments to the team who I know will take great motivation from them as they strive to deliver the best service possible.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back and hope that your next visit is not too far away.

Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

only stayed 1 night but was clean and friendly, could be doing with a larger car park for the size of the hotel. we did get charged for using their car park but was only £2 for all night, room was nice and cool.

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review, I was delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location in the town, however with this comes a premium of outdoor space. The car park does have 45 designated spaces however I do appreciate that when the hotel is full these spaces can get quite scarce.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel on any future visits to Ayr to offer you another enjoyable stay.

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent 1 night in July in this hotel.myself my husband and my in-laws,and we had a thoroughly good time.comfortable beds clean and spacious rooms.I particularly liked the touch of the bottled water in the rooms and packet of fudge.very nice.breakfast was very nice,a buffet breakfast .the dining room staff seemed very pushed.my only complaint if I had to say anything would be that the dining table wasn't laid for breakfast.we had no milk on the table.however that would be picky.overall,a very pleasant stay look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view its a better view.you can see all over ayr.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable visit.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team who I know will take great motivation from it.

We are delighted that we will have the opportunity to look after you again and hope that your next visit is not too far away,

Ballyclare, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel and I have to say that I regard it as excellent value for money. Room was spacious and clean . Because it was so hot the windows were all open and common with som other reviews the seagulls were definitely having a party - nothing the hotel could do about that and it quietened down after dark. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Only bad mark was that breakfast was only just OK and the breakfast area was a bit frantic. None the less I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

Dear Guest

Thanks for your review following your stay with us. I am pleased that it was, all in all, an enjoyable break.

Being as close to the sea there is an abundance of seagulls and at the moment, with all the young around, they are in fine voice too! I do hope that this did not disturb you too much.

Breakfast can get busy at times, especially if the hotel is full and everybody decides to eat at the same time. However I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

I am delighted that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel and hope that this is in the not too distant future.