“Fine Stay.”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just back from a girlies weekend in the Mercure. found the leisure facilities very relaxing, the dining experience very good and the staff very friendly and exceedingly helpful. nothing was too much trouble for them and they promptly delivered, especially Kirsty and Heather. The hotel is right smack in the middle of all the key visitor attractions less than a five minute walk from the shops and the beach. The decor is needing refreshed but the standard of cleanliness was very high.
Catherine B

Room Tip: Great views to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and the girls had a magic weekend.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team, Heather and Kirsty in particular. Similarly we will ensure that head office are made aware of your comments regarding the need to modernise the decor.

We hope that you might consider visiting us at the Mercure again soon and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

hi stayed at this hotel lots of times but think its over pricing now as asking £10 for a breakfast when hotel is more or less in a town centre with plenty of cafes which do full Scottish breakfast for less .the bathrooms could be doing with a makeover as getting tatty .when buying a hotel room they should add the breakfast in with price as many folk would buy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ann705056
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for the feedback following your recent stay with us.

We do include breakfast in our rates depending on which basis you book on however I can understand your comments if you were booking breakfast outwith an inclusive rate. Unfortunately as a branded hotel the pricing structure is outwith the hotel's direct control.

We hope that we will at some point over the near future be able to address your concerns regarding refurbishment and hope that we may be able to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was concerned having read comments about this particular Mercure Hotel. However, I've booked-in on a few occasions, for business, and it has been fine. The staff are very friendly, the food is good and the location is excellent. Some work remains to ensure all rooms are of equitable standard; I believe this is a work in progress. Overall, satisfied in relation to value for money.

Room Tip: 463 was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your feedback. I am pleased that you have had enjoyable stays with us while in Ayr on business.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and whilst we found the staff were superb and the location is great the furnishings require some TLC
The room which was of a decent size with TV, WIFI- all be it very slow- and hairdryer, plenty of storage space. The double bed which you can see in my first picture was 2 single beds put together, which ok that's fine, but, they were different heights and the mattress's were awful, the springs were poking into us all night so much so that neither my husband or I slept well both nights and woke up each morning like dystonic people. you do need a decent nights sleep to face whatever plans you have during the day and because of the mattresses I'm afraid it put us at a disadvantage as we were just so tired.
The towel rail in the bathroom well as you can see in the picture is covered in rust. The shower head was hanging on by a washer.
If you are planning to have a drink then don't. For a large glass of white wine and a bottle of peroni beer £12.50
The main saving grace are the staff, who's people skills are excellent and whilst they are not responsible for the environment they do keep it clean and tidy.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, 4th floor have great views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to read that your sleep was disturbed as this is very important to us. We are currently in the process of replacing all the beds in the hotel. With 118 bedrooms I am sure that you can appreciate that this is a lengthy process but we are getting there.

As a branded hotel it is out-with our direct control where it comes to the price of food and beverage. These decisions are made at head office as a standard across all our hotels, however I do understand your frustrations.

I am delighted to read your comments about the team and will be sure to share with them your kind words. I know that they will take great motivation from your praise.

I do hope that you might consider staying with us again and should you do so we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

my wife and i stayed here for 2 nights in may and although the hotel room was a bit tired it was clean and spacious and had a lovely view down to the sea .We also had a meal deal which gave us £22 each to spend in the hotel on dinner on one night and the food was excellent maybe the best burger i have had in years .Breakfast on both mornings was fresh and plentiful and the staff were excellent . When booking my wife mentioned it was going to be my 50th birthday and on the day we returned to the room to find a lovely gift and a card from the hotel it made my day Thank you mercure staff

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your comments follwing your recent stay at the hotel, I am pleased that you had an enjoyable break.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team and I am pleased you enjoyed your little surprise.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Everywhere was spotlessly clean. Bed was comfortable with crisp white bed linen. Shower was good and remained a constant temperature . Staff were helpful and when I told them I didn't have a hair drier, one was quickly despatched to my room. My room was done everyday , though friends room was missed on the first day, so nothing was replaced, not even their wet towels, they had to go down to get some from reception. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. The leisure facilities were really nice, and very welcome after a busy day. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hyper32

Dear Guest

Thanks for the feedback following your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read positive comments and I will be sure to pass these on to the team. I was slightly disappointed to hear that your friends room was not serviced on the first morning and hope that this did not detract from your stay too much.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Lindsay Steele

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
2 mi away
Travelodge Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
#9 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Mercure Ayr Hotel? Share your experiences!