“Very nice, extremely friendly”

Fairfield House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. I found the rooms on laterooms. I arrived quite late on the evening. The check in was hassle free and the receptionist was extremely helpful and polite. I was astounded by the size and high standard of my room. It had amazing views the next morning once it was light. I ate in the restaurant that evening. And once again the standard of service was exceptional and the staff very friendly. The food was absolutely amazing but quite pricey and the portion was quite small however the quality was extremely high. Breakfast the next morning was quick, well presented and the staff very professional. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to try the pool and gym facilities however I will stop here again in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian R
There are newer reviews for Fairfield House Hotel

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Lovely hotel superb facilities fantastic food. What more can I say? Stayed here on my own - business trip- very central location. Comfortable, spacious rooms. Decent spa. Food fabulous! Staff most friendly and accommodating. Wifi included. All good - will definitely return.

Room Tip: Turn the heating down. And ask for a front room if you want a view of any kind.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Equanimity
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked through booking.com and got a good B & B deal. Overnight stay to visit family. Nice situation very near to beach and town. I have mobility problems and asked to have a ground floor room if there was no lift. We were given a very large room, seating area, and bathroom with a walk in shower. Very much appreciated. Nice friendly atmosphere.
Hotel was very quiet but it was the 31st January. We ate in the bar and grill, no complaints and food good.
There is a pool, gym and sauna which you have free access to.
Will use again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here straight after staying at the wonderful Holmhill which I think cost less, so I couldn't help compare the two. I booked this hotel as it has a pool, but this would not be enough of a draw to bring me back. The staff were friendly and helpful (helping me with directions and choosing a restaurant to eat at) but the bedroom was disappointing. The bed was boingy (the mattress had seen better days) and the room hadn't been decorated for a long while as the curtains were chintzy and the patterned wallpaper border was peeling. The wind was whistling so loudly through some gaps possibly from the window that it made me feel like I was staying in a haunted house! There was also quite a big gap under the door, so I made a makeshift door stopper to block out the landing light. Maybe I'm a little fussy about these areas as I'm sure some older relatives would not have felt these issues were a problem. If the rooms get revamped I would consider staying again - I'll watch out for trip advisor reviews in the future!

Room Tip: It would be worth finding a room that's been recently revamped.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014

i booked this hotel as a wee extra treat for my husbands 50th birthday. I was wowed by the reviews on trip advisor by other travellers who had been but, we were really dissappionted. The staff were really lovely,friendly and helpful but a lot of the hotel was quite dated. I booked the romantic break for two and we were given an upgrade to the arran suite which was a nice gesture but it really is needing a few things fixed i.e leaking cistern, wallpaper peeling away and cracked tiles on floor in ensuite, the room itself is in dire need of refurbishment we would have been better off in an executive room which according to hotel photo's looked much more modern an new. But on a plus side the food was fab and the portion's were huge so wasn't all bad but don't think i would return

Room Tip: if your a poor sleeper the ask for room at back as the suites are noisy and above main car and bar a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorimags
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Lovely little castle-like property right on the water. My favourite thing about this place is that no matter what time you may arrive, with a bit of heads up, they will ensure there is some kind of food awaiting you and the bar will be open. I'm not saying that you'll get a gourmet meal at 3:30 in the morning but at least something when everywhere else in town is closed, and a cold pint before hitting the hay.
For some exercise, just head to the water, turn left and start jogging - about 6km away you'll see a beautiful old castle. Worth the trip for sure as it's pretty cool out overlooking the sea on a cliff.
For some good food, go to street side of hotel, turn left for a few blocks and hit the Rupee Room - some of the best Indian food out there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Escape_The_Snow_11
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I have visited the Fairfield House Hotel at least 20 times over the past 10 years. It has a relaxing atmosphere and from check in to check out the staff cannot do enough to make your stay pleasant. I must admit we do not use the spa apart from when our Grandchildren accompany us. The children always enjoy the visit to the pool. The food in Martin's Grill is excellent quality and well presented. We were there for Hogmanay and have already booked for this year. If visiting Ayr, I would recommend this hotel. Good hotel and lovely food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Mercure Ayr Hotel
Horizon Hotel
Horizon Hotel
#7 of 17 in Ayr
Hotel Kylestrome Bar & Grill

Been to Fairfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!