“really good”
Review of Savoy Park Hotel

Savoy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We spent 2 nights here using a KGB voucher and were very pleased. It's a lovely old hotel, privately owned I believe, with public rooms done out in different styles. We were given a large room overlooking the garden, very comfortable though a little shabby, however, I could see that maintenance and refurbishment were being carried out at the hotel.
The garden was lovely, (although needed some attention) with tables and chairs and umbrellas provided, and lots of trees making it quite private. There is also a children's play area towards the bottom of the garden providing equipment and space for exploring.
Both dinner and breakfast were excellent, and very good value, particularly with a 2 for 1 offer.
Staff were very friendly, helpful, accommodating and professional.
Although it doesn't have a pool of its own, it has an arrangement with the local leisure centre.
Internet is available and free.
If I were to go to Ayr again, I would definitely stay here, and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: room 6 is very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

The lady who greeted us at reception couldn't have been more friendly, and even though we hadn't booked and the restaurant was busy she conjured up a table. Particularly good for us was how they made the children welcome (play area out the back). We thought it was excellent value for money for good quality food - all plates clean! Would definitely recommend
One minor issue was that our waitress was rather less friendly than all the other staff.....but maybe she was having a bad day; who knows?

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a very enjoyable time. everything was spot on room/staff/food well worth the room rate.we were made very welcome by all the staff and manager rod. my friend and i hope to be returning in the near future

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the first floor as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Had an overnight with breakfast and dinner while doing some sightseeing around Ayr. Location was ideal. Near the burns museum and a short drive to culzean castle.

The meal was a 3 course dinner. My wife enjoyed the tomato soup while the black pudding was the best I've had. For the main course we both chose the roast beef which was lovely. To finish, for dessert i had a nice ice cream sundae while my wife enjoyed her rhubarb crumble. We were both full after the meals.

The breakfast selection catered for pretty much anything. I had a lovely fry up which set me up for more sightseeing.

We would definitely recommend staying at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just back after staying at the Savoy Park using a voucher for dinner bed and breakfast.
We arrived to a very friendly welcome were given early entry to our lovely room and enjoyed a 2 for 1 lunch. As I am celiac I was very impressed with the care and attention given to me at lunch and dinner when choosing suitable food for my diet. All the meals were freshly cooked using local ingredients and were of a very high standard.
I would recommend a stay at the Savoy Park, but for visitors to Ayr, a delicious lunch or dinner is excellent value.
Finally I would like to thank all staff for a very pleasant visit.
Janetta

Room Tip: There is ample car parking and a beautiful garden.
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed here for one night on a deal including dinner and breakfast. We had an average room with a lovely view over the gardens of the Hotel. The bathroom was huge and had a big 3 corner deep bath which was great. My only criticism of the room was that there were no bedside cabinets, the carpets were badly stained and the pillows were a bit smelly although had clean linens on them. The food more than made up for that. The dinner was exceptional in presentation and taste. The black pudding fritters as a starter were absolutely delicious as was all the meal. A really good coffee was included and it just rounded the meal off. I would definitely recommend the food in this Hotel and the staff we encountered were pleasant. Breakfast was buffet style with eggs to order, best egg I have tasted in a long time. All the produce for this hotel is sourced locally and it is the very best. best value deal I have ever had so far.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden, the view is beautiful.
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Have just returned from an overnight stay here. This is a lovely hotel we had room 6 which was a lovely spacious room with a lovely view of the garden. We only had breakfast which was great good choice and a high standard. All in a great hotel which we would love to return to.

Room Tip: The garden is very pretty so any room overlooking the garden would be a bonus.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#7 of 17 in Ayr
The Fox & Willow
The Fox & Willow
#8 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Savoy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!