“Lovely location”
Review of Savoy Park Hotel

Savoy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for a short two-night break and were very impressed by its location on Racecourse Road, close to the town centre and seafront while still being within leafy surroundings. The reception staff were friendly and welcoming

The room was fairly basic but clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were served in the rather grand wood-panelled dining room and were ordered from the menu rather than from the hot buffet, which was not there on our second day (presumably as we were the only guests there at the time). However, the kippers and haddock were delicious, and there was a good continental selection and juices.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Savoy Park Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding here on 11th May. Very nice venue, the meals were excellent. Did not stay here so I can't comment on the rooms.

Only downside I would say is it was way too hot, it was as if the heating had been turned up so that more drinks would be purchased.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had never stayed at The Savoy Park hotel before but I shall definitely return! I thoroughly recommend them in every department - especially the vast selection on their menu and the quality of everything I ate!
There are many hotels both on Racecourse Road, and in Ayr generally, but this is by FAR the best I've stayed in.
9.8 out of 10 from me as 10 would mean perfection and nobody's perfect .. but Savoy Park does come close!

Room Tip: Executive double rooms are on the 1st floor (where I stayed) and twin rooms are on the 2nd floor - a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I attended the Savoy Park Hotel on 05/05/2014 for my 2 year anniversary with my wife after having our wedding here in 2012. We both had 3 courses and two drinks each. I had the Black Pudding Salad followed by Fish and Chips and then the Savoy Park Sundae, the sundae was very good...having popcorn in it really confused me, I didn't know what I was eating but it was lovely. My Wife had the Soup of the Day (Cream of Broccoli) followed by Smoked Peppered Duck Breast
Served with rosti potatoes, glazed vegetables and orange & rosemary gravy and rounded off with Sorbet which she said was delicious. We were £50.50 for the meal. I have two gripes, 1: The Waitress for got to bring the bill and 2: they no longer do the Cranachan (which they used to do and was divine)

The hotel as always looks great inside and the gardens looked resplendent in the late sunshine. I will return to the Savoy Park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ricco_Uk
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My daughter was married at the Savoy Park Hotel on April 5, 2014. We had stayed at the hotel previously and had popped in for lunches before the wedding and everything was always perfect. Linzi, Mary, Barbara and the rest of the staff are amazing- lovely, friendly people and nothing is ever too much bother for them. We had booked out most of the rooms over the week-end of the wedding and every room was perfect. The food was amazing and we had lots of comments from guests who said that the food was the best wedding food they had tasted. My daughter loved her day and there was not a thing about the venue that we would change. So in short if you want somewhere nice for a meal, overnight or week-end stay or to host a wedding the Savoy Park is the place to go. Many thanks to you all for making my daughters day perfect

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have just spent the night at the hotel and it was excellent. This was my first visit although I knew of the hotel from when I lived in Ayr 30 years ago. It is such good value for money. Apart from the full breakfast, which was very good and which I ate in the restaurant, I had my meals in my room. There was no additional charge for room service and the full dining room menu was available. The food was delivered very quickly and was delicious and lovely and hot. My room was on the second floor at the front of the hotel and was well-fitted and spotlessly clean, including the en-suite. I was slightly concerned when I received an e-mail after booking advising that there was a wedding taking place in the hotel on the night of my stay. In fairness, however, I could not hear anything from my room and I had a very good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If there is a wedding taking place, and it seems to be a very popular venue, it is probably best to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank swalsh2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stopped off with a couple of mates on the bikes to meet up with my family from Ayr.
Unfortunately we were rather late arriving back of 10pm. That is another story.
Meantime my family had an excellent meal!
We made do with a few beers and some nice whiskies.

Rooms were comfortable and we all had an excellent full Scottish breakfast.
Welcoming staff throughout.
Overall we thought very good value for money.
Next time might leave some time for a meal. :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Western House Hotel
#7 of 17 in Ayr
The Fox & Willow
The Fox & Willow
#9 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Savoy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!