“A delightful place to stay in every way.”
Review of Coila Guest House

Coila Guest House
Ranked #5 of 53 Ayr B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A delightful place to stay in every way.”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My girlfriend and I were delighted with our stay at Coila. Our charming hosts Hazel & Charlie were very warm and friendly people who seemed to care a lot about us enjoying our stay. They went out of their way to check ferry & bus times for us, as well as cooking a fabulous breakfast each morning. The guest house is located a 2 minute walk from the train & bus station and a 5 minute walk from the centre of Ayr. We spent 2 nights there, then stayed in Culzean Castle and returned for one more night at Coila, both rooms that we stayed in were immaculately clean, bedding was extremely comfortable, it was hard getting up in the mornings. I would recommend this place to anybody.

Chris & Camila (Bournemouth, Dorset).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Charlie and Hazel are hardworking owners of this very comfortable B&B. My husband and I traveled there with friends who had stayed previously at the Coila Guest House and they did not steer us wrong. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. The house is centrally located and within walking distance to shopping and dinning. There is adequate parking in the front of the house for guests. Charlie and Hazel make their guests feel welcomed and are helpful and ready to accommodate for a pleasant stay in Ayr. The breakfast is second to none and served in their charming dining room. We highly recommend this B&B for a great experience.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I happened across the Coila Guest House approximately 10 years ago and knew I found a gem. Over the last 10 years I have stayed there multiple times traveling over from the states for a golf vacation or just traveling with my wife. Hazel and Charlie make you feel perfectly at home and the facility is very comfortable and well located. They go well beyond their comfortable accomodations and excellent breakfast to help you in whatever endeavors you desire in the area. Most of all, their welcoming nature makes you feel right at home. Several years ago as part of a large group I gave up a room at Coila to another person in my party and stayed at another facility. No comparison. I will never stay any where else in Ayr, and always look forward to this part of my trip to the UK as I am assured of a great comfortable stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed at Coila, Friday 30th-31st Oct 2010 for our Wedding Anniversary this is one of the Cleanest places we have ever stayed, the Breakfast's were delicious our hosts Hazel and Charlie made us feel very special. It is the little touches like Makeup remover pads,Teddy Bears on the bed, Sweets, and Fresh Flowers in each room that make you realise Hazel and Charlie want you to be treated as they would like to be treated if they were having a romantic break themselves. I highly Recomend coila Guest House and my wife and I look forward to a return visit in the near future. Mr & Mrs W. McNee

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WilliamMcNee
Enniskillen
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Hazel and Charlie are wonderful hosts and treat you in a professional yet friendly way. We stayed for 4 nights and always felt very 'at home'.

The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable and we too enjoyed the sweeties placed in the room every morning!

I worked my way through the breakfast menu and it was all scrumptious.

Thoroughly recommend it and thank you Hazel and Charlie for making our short stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We picked The Coila because it was very near the railways station but found that it had much more to it than just a convenient location. We were treated very well. Great food, a very comfortable room with everything we could have needed. We loved the sweeties and the biscuits and the grapefruit Arran soap in the bathroom. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts who were happy to help and to get up early and cook our breakfast on the days when we had to make an early start.

Northumberland
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Hazel & Charlie are very good hosts. We thoroughly enjoy our stays with them. It is In the centre of Ayr with all the shops within walking distance. The Railway Station is very close by. It is not too far from the main Ayrshire road so it easy for touring northwards towards Glasgow and beyond.
You would not know you were in the centre of the city because the rooms are so quiet and spacious.
We have always been greeted by Hazel with a lovely cup of tea and cake.
This is our sixth visit, and we shall most definately be back for more.