All reviewsdog friendly hotelattic roomsea frontsea viewlovely hotelshort breaklounge areabooked this hotelenjoyable stayisle of arranthe ground floorfamily roomtown centrenight breakfirst classreturn visitovernight stay
Reviewed 16 December 2015

stayed in this hotel in November for a week, the room in my opinion was a little dated but was very comfortable with great views out to sea. the food was excellent especially the breakfast, I recommend the full Scottish and the kippers. The hotel is on the seafront and only a short walk from the town centre. the bar reception and restaurant are clean and tidy the staff friendly and helpful. would I stay here again? yes I would.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Keith C
Craig M, General Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Thank you for your kind review of the Hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

My husband and I have stayed at the horizon on five occasions and have never been disappointed.the food is very good staff more than helpful.my only disappointment was not getting room 10.our stay was the 30 November 2015.

Room Tip: Very good food and friendly staff.and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carolK3738YY

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your lovely review, sorry you could not get room 10, it is a popular room that gets booked up very quickly.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

We went here due to getting a deal. We weren't asked if we wanted our glass of fizz on arrival, as advertised. Rooms clean decore abit dated although it did not bother us. What did both us was sleeping on hard pillows, tried the feather pillow as supplied and it went as flat as a pancake. We stayed in room 4 no view a part from a wall, l was aked if l would want to upgrade to a sea view for 30 pounds extra per couple l refused. We had dinner there, it was grill night as it was a Thursday the offer a range of steaks for 11.95 or 2xmains and a bottle of house wine. My partner was not impressed by his sirloin, l myself enjoyed the meal. Drinks are more over priced but l feel that its just because its a hotel. Breakfast was good although the waitress was slighty inexperienced by the service given. View having breakfast was lovely. Would l go back? Yeah, l would but l would bring my own pillows for comfort so l could have a decent nights sleep!!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carla M
Reviewed 22 November 2015

We have just come home after staying at this lovely hotel for two nights the staff very helpful and could not do enough for you rooms great and the breakfast really nice and service good would go back to this hotel if we were in the area thank you

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Stayed at the horizon for 2 nights in Nov '15. Staff are very pleasant & attentive. Excellent breakfast served piping hot. No problem asking for tea/coffee refills & we were offered more toast although we had plenty. We ate in dining room on the second night & were pleasantly surprised with the 2 course & cocktail deal. Food was superb, nice selection of cocktails & great value for money. There was a wedding in the hotel at the same time but this did not affect our service at all. The only issue we had was that we were in the room next to reception & heard other guests going past our room to go upstairs. Not a great issue to be honest but we were disturbed both nights with staff hoovering (5am first night & 5.50am on the second).

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends