Lowest prices for your stay
£90
Agoda.com
£76
Fully refundable before Wed, 28 Feb
Easy and fast booking
All reviews attic room vista restaurant sea view sea front lovely hotel enjoyable stay lounge area night porter isle of arran first class the ground floor comfy bed overnight stay lovely room cooked breakfast full scottish breakfast seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We would just like to say a very big thanks to the Horizon hotel for a great weekend on our Ruby wedding anniversary.

We would also like to say thanks to Kiera and Natalie who went above and beyond to help make it a wonderful weekend. We would also like to thank Tracey for the great room and complimentary wine, can't fault anything about our stay, so thanks one again from both of us . Not to forget Ben also who always has a smile for everyone and was a great team member. We would come back here again in the future for sure. Thanks George & Patricia.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatPaisley
Tracey C, General Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Good Evening George & Pat

It was lovely to see you both again and we were more than welcome to make sure you had a lovely Ruby wedding and the wine was a small token from the hotel to celebrate on the day.

I am glad to see the girls looked after you and ben was welcoming as he always is.

I'm sure we will see you both soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

After a horrible experience elsewhere we were looking for somewhere to stay very last minute, having our dog with us made this even harder. But then we found this hotel and it was great. Very friendly staff, great food and clean. At a great location with it being right beside the beach!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tracey C, General Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Good Evening

Firstly i am sorry to see you had a bad experience elsewhere.
I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us and your dog, as we are a pet friendly hotel who always welcomes dogs.

I'm sure the beachfront was great fun for the dog and that we managed to make your bad experience a good friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

needs updating in all areas I`m afraid , clean enough but old fashioned. I felt it was overpriced also as far as bar prices go . on the plus side the breakfast was to die for . the young girl who served us in the morning was very pleasant , as for the evening staff "what a grumpy lot " a wee smile now and again would not go a miss .

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank rjbscott
Tracey C, General Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to see that you did not seem to enjoy some aspects of the hotel, like the décor, prices and some staff. Please can I assure you that we have had loads of good reviews about the excellent customer service we give so I was a bit alarmed to see you came across grumpy staff?

The décor is not to everyone's taste and clearly you thought it old fashioned. our prices are in line with others around us and as you can imagine price increases go across the board.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

just home from 2nd visit here but this time i took my gran for a wee over night stay with her dog aswell ....very quick check in! room was perfect (needed a lower ground as gran cant walk far) we were in room 6 which was perfect as it had a ramp if anyone needs wheelchair access and also another door which took u out to side car park which also led u straight to restaurant and reception,,,we had the deal of free room with 3 course meal and bottle of wine purchase...food was lovely! got a free glass of fizzy wine which was nice and then bought rose wine (wasnt too keen on that) but only bought as it was part of deal....no complaints really...staff were nice, hotel was clean, food was lovely :) will be back again probably at some point

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good Evening

Thank you for your lovely review.I am glad to see you and your gran enjoyed room 6 and it was perfect for you.
Its nice to see you enjoyed the food and I will pass your thanks onto the chef.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

First of all this was a cosy hotel with friendly staff and I would stay there again so any 'niggles' are minor points. The location is right by the beautiful beach where you can take a long walk. Check in was a bit slow and reception was not always quick in service. There was a ponderous lift but it worked. The room had cosy colours with expected amenities. I found the WiFi difficult. There seem to be two sorts, one with a password which is shown everywhere but the other looks as if you pay but it seems to be free once u have put in your email then it seems to use up allowance very quickly. I found the TV remote temperamental. There were no instructions for adjusting the temperature of the shower which took ages to get hot. The room was largely clean apart from a dirty net curtain. They have a useful socket for USB devices. Breakfast was good. It would have been helpful to have had a reminder that the clocks went forward. There is plenty of parking and the price is brilliant.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guests

I am sorry to see your niggles and have addresses a few of them. I believe you are the lady who spoke to me on check out about the clocks going back? you have to excuse us for this but this was merely an oversight on our behalf, we do apologise.

Our Wi-Fi system has recently been upgraded to Superfast and all our reception staff do explain this on check in now.
I am surprised your check in was slow, did you say to reception about how you found it?

I am glad to see you found the location and beach nice. We are a very cosy and friendly hotel.