“Fine meal and good service”

Ellisland House Hotel
Ranked #27 of 201 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a nice meal at this place, with lots of dining options. The only real negative was desert, where the place is known for its home made ice creams and sundaes. Most of the ice cream flavours were unavailable, and what they had was not great. White chocolate topping is not a substitute for chocolate sauce.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Recently had a meal with family, food was great and really good value for money. Staff were attentive, would recommend.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We did not stay there but but had a great dinner.
I had the fillet steak medium well and it was one of the best steaks I have ever had in Scotland.
My wife had the burger which she really enjoyed.
Both had plenty of veggies.
I also had a Cesar salad on the side which complimented the steak.
Will definitely eat there again on our next trip to Ayr.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I were in Scotland celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. The Ellisland Hotel was recommended and as it is only a stones throw from where we were staying, we made reservations.
The hotel is stylish and clean, and the staff were very warm and welcoming, they made polite conversation and they appeared interested in getting to know their customers. The food was fantastic tasty,fresh and well presented.
Both my husband and I had a starter and a main course but there was sadly no room left for a dessert.
We would highly recommend the restaurant,If you like a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, that serves great food.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Enjoyed the setting for lunch, very peaceful. Staff were on the ball and quite pleasant in manner. The lunch was adequate in portion size and well presented.Everything was well timed and we weren't rushed as some restaurants do.The prices were as expected in this type of restaurant/hotel. I had a fault with the seating arrangements, and that was that the tables are either too high or the seats are too low as it did become slightly uncomfortable while dining. I certainly will be back to this hotel as it's lovely, inside and out.