“Friendly, welcoming, relaxed”
Review of The Sugar Cube

The Sugar Cube
Ranked #47 of 207 Restaurants in Ayr
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The Sugar Cube is a great wee place for an informal bite to eat. The menu contains the usual suspects you'd find for a small cafe but there are always specials available.
My children love going as the owners are friendly towards them, kidding them on about doing the dishes. My son loves the chocolate fudge cake and my daughter says the tuna is her favourite ever tuna!
Lovely homemade soup too and delicious Italian coffee.
Great value.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My family and I attended the Sugar cube in the summer holidays, we travelled up from London to see family members. On our visit we we're told about the sugar cube and its famous service & food. We checked it out. An i have to say its the best cafe we've attended. Clean, fresh, & friendly. The service was great, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the food was Fantastic! Can't wait to return.
We Defiantly recommend when out on your travels :-)

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently attended the American themed night here, and it was my first visit. I was very impressed.

The service was excellent and the food was equally as good. The burger and curly fries were delicious, but the best was last, the cheesecake for dessert was one of the best I've had!

I'll be back and look forward to hopefully another superb themed night!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

clean friendly home cooked food and baking good prices they also do themed nights. the italian night was fantastic

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We attended The Sugar Cube on an Italian them night on Thursday 13th June 2013. Found the restaurant to be very cosy, and fully booked, (always a good sign). The service was personal, friendly and professional. Our order was taken quicky and our starters delivered within a few minutes. The homemade minestrone soup was very flavoursome. Our table cleared quickly after completing our starters and main courses efficiently delivered to our table. The home made lasagne was the best I have tasted in a restaurant. Our desserts of home made tiramisu and lemon cheese cake, were presented beautifully with decorative sugar works and fresh fruits. At only £15 per head, this was excellent value for money. If in the area a visit to The Sugar Cube is certainly worth a look

1  Thank Angela H