“Valentines Day Disaster..”
Review of The New Royal Blossom - CLOSED

The New Royal Blossom
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have eaten at the Royal Blossom many times and it's been great. On a recent visit on Valentines Day we couldn't believe our eyes....we were the only ones dining. This place used to be packed. We waited 45mins for our soup, a further 45mins for our main and god knows how long for dessert. The wine was undrinkable and the lager was even worse. The service was heavily geared towards the many carry outs leaving the place which took priority over the only table in the place. All in all the food was ok but it lacked character, ambience and nothing on the tables to even suggest it was valentines day.

We left feeling disappointed, sober and unromantic. Shame really.

2  Thank Weebibs

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was in the Royal Blossom in September and also in December with friends. On each occasion the food was great as was the service. The staff were helpful. Everyone had a great time. This place is worth eating in. I'd eat here again. It also does takeaway also which was busy when I was there.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I visited the restaurant on the 7th September and was greeted by the friendly staff and the food was excellent and good value for money and the kids really enjoyed their meal as well so they can cater for everybody I would highly recommend this restsurant

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This Chinese restaurant used to be one of our regular haunts but it kept on changing owners and we stopped going due to a deterioration in the menu and bad service. Last night my husband and I decided to give it another visit. New owners and what a friendly couple they were. The service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. We ordered our usual dishes and what a difference even to the humble chicken curry. The way my husband's garlic mushrooms were cooked and served were beautiful. They have a early dinner menu and for a 3 course it cost £7.90, what a bargain. The place used to be empty but it was really filling up and it was only 7 pm. Give this restaurant another try, you won't be disappointed

1  Thank AngelaRodger
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Was really excited to visit as this used to be my favourite place to eat. Went on a Thursday night and were only people there. Thought the meal deallooked like great value....then discovered the reason why! Two springrolls which looked and tasted like they had come out of Iceland and for main chicken skewers which were gorgeous but only 3 small ones and they had forgotten rice. Girl asked near end if I wanted rice to which I said was pretty pointless as had finished my chicken. Dessert menu looked great but was told only three of the pictures items out of 8 were available!!!! The one I had was nothing like what was advertised and obviously had just been defrosted as no ice cream as stated and no fresh fruit. Really hope this place gets better but I personally won't go back when so many other nice places in Ayr.

1  Thank teach1981