“What's Left To Say?”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“What's Left To Say?”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

What can we say about the Western House Hotel that hasn't already been said? There was absolutely nothing about this hotel that we didn't like. From arrival to departure every member of staff we came across gave good old fashioned, courteous service. Have to admit that we thought maybe we would be treated like 'second class' guests as we were staying in the courtyard rooms (separate from the main hotel) but how wrong we were. The rooms were exceptional....and I really mean EXCEPTIONAL! The bed was massive and my husband joked that he would text me when the alarm went off in the morning incase I didn't hear it from my side of the bed. Food was brilliant. We had dinner in the restaurant and I can't tell you just how much we enjoyed it. There was quite a bit of mmmmming coming from our table! If I had one complaint to make it would be that the porridge was too thick for me but then I am a 'sassenach' and thick porridge is wasted on me lol!

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and by the looks of it are maintained daily as there were a lot of ground/maintenance staff about working discreetly. Our room overlooked the car park but can honestly say we were not disturbed by any noise or traffic.

We will be re-visiting the Western House Hotel in the future and may even treat ourselves to a room in the main hotel. Thank you to everyone for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: No tip needed as I'm sure all rooms are of equal high standard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HolidayLover0856
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you indeed for such a exceptional review, it is a review that as a team we strive to achieve and I have printed it off for our staff to read.
We believe very strongly in "old time values" guest service is our priority and we are very fortunate to have such a good welcoming staff that enjoy working here and are proud of what we have.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Malcolm Balish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would like to thank all of the staff at Western House for making my sliver wedding party on the 9th May just the best. From the moment all our guests arrived with service was first class. The food was exceptional as always and everyone commented on the high standard of accommodation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lesley F
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your Silver Wedding here at Western House Hotel it is very much appreciated and I have passed your comments on to all the staff.
We hope to see you back here again soon!

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and I won't stay anywhere else when I revisit. Staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were nice sized and very clean. The restaurant staff was attentive to my every need. Dinner service and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very positive review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel I am glad you found every aspect of your stay to be excellent.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

general Manager.
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here after the horse racing on Sunday and it was excellent. The staff were all very friendly. The two receptionists were very friendly, the bar staff and restaurant staff were all very friendly also. The room was lovely with nice touches such as shortbread, hot chocolate and sweets. The room was a good size and well equipped with little extras such as nail file, sewing kit etc and robes and slippers were included in the price whereas other hotels only supply these when you upgrade. I particularly liked the added touches such as hot water bottle and shoe cleaning stuff. We had dinner in the Jockeys Restaurant and it was very nice. I would definitely recommend the Western House Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel. I am glad you found all the added extras in your room to your liking and you found all our staff to be very friendly indeed.

kind regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a family wedding and the rooms are beautiful with great attention to detail. The staff are exceptional and very attentive. Food for the wedding banquet was delicious as was the buffet breakfast, one point to make though is that i would have expected tea or coffee to be served at the tables in tea pots by the staff. The restaurant manager should really consider using labelled thermos as on both mornings our tea was tainted by a coffee taste as the staff had obviously used the flasks for both. This was a disappointment as i am sure everyone will agree we all like a good cup of tea or coffee in the morning. Just a minor point but if this is reviewed then I would of happily given an excellent review rather than very good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your constructive review.
Indeed we should have labeled thermos flasks for the tea and coffee so that we cannot get the tea and coffee mixed up. We use the thermos flasks on the mornings where the tables are used as group tables so that tea and coffee is refilled as often as required rather than having several tea and coffee pots on the table at any one time. In the restaurant on tables of two and four etc we use individual tea pots and cafetieres.
Thank you for your positive remarks about the staff and service.

General Manager.
Johnstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding here, everything from start until finish was perfect.the function rooms, the decor, the food was delicious. Rooms are a nice size and gives a relaxing atmosphere. Staff were helpful and assisted with any queries

• Stayed April 2014
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review regarding Western House Hotel. We are delighted you found everything to your satisfaction and we look forward to your return visit here !

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My sons wedding was held here on sat 18th April and I can honestly say everything was absolute perfection. The rooms both in courtyard and main hotel are to a very high standard with lovely touches throughout from toiletries to bath robes etc. Huge comfortable beds too. The staff were all fantastic, friendly & well trained and the food was delicious from the wedding banquet to the breakfast next morning. They all made my son & daughter in laws wedding the most perfect day ever. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank weecooperess
Dear Guest

Thank you for your simply fantastic review regarding your sons wedding here at Western House Hotel . We are delighted you found the standards to be excellent and we are delighted you found the staff to be excellent.
Thank you again and I hope you vote for us on the VOWS awards web site !

Malcolm Balish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Savoy Park Hotel
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,025 reviews

Been to Western House Hotel? Share your experiences!