“Love, love the Western House Hotel!”

Western House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
“Love, love the Western House Hotel!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed recently for 2 nights to attend a wedding the hotel were also hosting. From the minute we checked in to the minute we left we were looked after fully and left very happy! Julia was on reception when we arrived and made our first impression of the hotel very good which only got better during our stay.

We dined in The Jockey restaurant on our first night in the hotel, we chose to have a drink in the bar first though where Grant made us feel very welcome and looked after. The food was amazing, great value for money and presented beautifully. Our waiter William was very attentive and made our dining experience 5* and more.

All the staff made the wedding for us as guests a very enjoyable experience and the hotel certainly seems like a beautiful venue for a wedding and I would highly recommend people to consider it as a venue!

The hotel is very fairly priced considering all the little things they include and do for guests during their stay and I will certainly be returning and recommending to all my friends and family!

Once again thank you to all staff for making our short stay very relaxing, enjoyable and a good break from everyday life.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review it is always heartening to read that our staff are leading the way with hospitality and giving such a good impression of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to the staff and thank you again for your review.
We look forward to your return visit!
Please vote for us on the VOWS awards website!

Malcolm Balish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Brilliant hotel, nothing is to much trouble, check in was easy and the rooms were fantastic. Stayed in the main hotel rooms, which are of an excellent size and very well equipped. Our room had everything we needed and more. Would have no trouble recommending a stay here.. especially if combined with a day at the races as ours was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel. I am glad you found everything to your satisfaction and we look forward to your return visit

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Rarely have I gone to a hotel and had nothing to complain about. The cleanliness was fantastic, the range of services available amazing and the staff are attentive and kind.

From checking in to leaving, no request was too much. We dinned within the hotel also and the food was next to none.

I would just like to thank, William, Grant and Julia for going that extra mile and making our stay fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gavin B
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review western House Hotel. I am glad you found everything to your liking and found the staff to be exceptional. Thank you again and i have passed on your thanks to the team.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

What can we say about the Western House Hotel that hasn't already been said? There was absolutely nothing about this hotel that we didn't like. From arrival to departure every member of staff we came across gave good old fashioned, courteous service. Have to admit that we thought maybe we would be treated like 'second class' guests as we were staying in the courtyard rooms (separate from the main hotel) but how wrong we were. The rooms were exceptional....and I really mean EXCEPTIONAL! The bed was massive and my husband joked that he would text me when the alarm went off in the morning incase I didn't hear it from my side of the bed. Food was brilliant. We had dinner in the restaurant and I can't tell you just how much we enjoyed it. There was quite a bit of mmmmming coming from our table! If I had one complaint to make it would be that the porridge was too thick for me but then I am a 'sassenach' and thick porridge is wasted on me lol!

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and by the looks of it are maintained daily as there were a lot of ground/maintenance staff about working discreetly. Our room overlooked the car park but can honestly say we were not disturbed by any noise or traffic.

We will be re-visiting the Western House Hotel in the future and may even treat ourselves to a room in the main hotel. Thank you to everyone for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: No tip needed as I'm sure all rooms are of equal high standard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HolidayLover0856
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you indeed for such a exceptional review, it is a review that as a team we strive to achieve and I have printed it off for our staff to read.
We believe very strongly in "old time values" guest service is our priority and we are very fortunate to have such a good welcoming staff that enjoy working here and are proud of what we have.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would like to thank all of the staff at Western House for making my sliver wedding party on the 9th May just the best. From the moment all our guests arrived with service was first class. The food was exceptional as always and everyone commented on the high standard of accommodation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lesley F
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your Silver Wedding here at Western House Hotel it is very much appreciated and I have passed your comments on to all the staff.
We hope to see you back here again soon!

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and I won't stay anywhere else when I revisit. Staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were nice sized and very clean. The restaurant staff was attentive to my every need. Dinner service and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very positive review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel I am glad you found every aspect of your stay to be excellent.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

general Manager.
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here after the horse racing on Sunday and it was excellent. The staff were all very friendly. The two receptionists were very friendly, the bar staff and restaurant staff were all very friendly also. The room was lovely with nice touches such as shortbread, hot chocolate and sweets. The room was a good size and well equipped with little extras such as nail file, sewing kit etc and robes and slippers were included in the price whereas other hotels only supply these when you upgrade. I particularly liked the added touches such as hot water bottle and shoe cleaning stuff. We had dinner in the Jockeys Restaurant and it was very nice. I would definitely recommend the Western House Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel. I am glad you found all the added extras in your room to your liking and you found all our staff to be very friendly indeed.

kind regards