Western House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking for the night before a flight . Lovely hotel in beautiful grounds, staff could not be more friendly and helpful, special thanks to Naomi and Alison.
This will be our hotel of choice when flying from Prestwick

• Stayed: August 2014
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and we will look forward to your next stop over!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night and the last night for the Commonwealth games. The hotel is within walking distance to the train station (we drove as we came back late at night). The rooms are spacious and have many facilities throughout. Breakfast was good except almost everything had to be ordered and service was very slow, but in all brilliant hotel that is adjacent to Ayr racecourse and close to the town centre.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel, I hope you enjoyed the Commonwealth Games!
Please accept my apologies for the slow service for breakfast. We do still take orders for all breakfast items for a cooked breakfast and they are cooked to order to ensure you have the freshest breakfast to start your day off.
I hope this does not put you off coming back again and i hope you return to Western House in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip and after a few late nights at work followed by a drive to Ayr I was thrilled to what I thought would be a restful night's sleep.
Check in was smooth and good. We had booked two rooms.
My room was at the courtyard - it was excellent I couldn't complain as it was large spacious.
It was a nice sunny day - as I sat outside and enjoyed a glass of bubbly. Service was good the grounds were lovely. Had dinner menu -extensive.

When I had my head down to rest that is when it all went wrong. I could hear the room next door almost the whole night.I heard their TV, Even when I had to get up at 5.30 am for work ! I heard their muffled voices. My room was at the entrance and exit of my floor and every time someone walked in or our i could hear them and the door.

I also felt there should have been mineral water bottles. It was a rather hot day.
Also breakfast should be included for the prices the rooms are sold for.
These few months my company has been and is doing some work in Ayr and would I return maybe yes if the hotel can promise a restful sleep where I don't hear the neighbors! Otherwise, great and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rietva R

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and i was glad to read you found the staff and service to your satisfaction, the grounds at the hotel are stunning and on such a lovely day as you describe there is not a better place to stay.
I was sorry to read you were unhappy that there was no mineral water in the room, our doorman or any of the staff would have brought you water across to your room on request especially on such a nice warm day, please do not hesitate to ask the next time you stay with us,
As for the breakfast the rate booked was a room only and the reception staff should have made you aware of this at check in , I apologise if this was not the case and will ensure our staff make all guests of the booking made on check in.

Thank you again and i do hope we have the pleasure of you staying again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of our 8 day road trip around Scotland. We booked the day before our stay and as we were attending an event at Ayr Racecourse we were really pleased to see this hotel conveniently situated right next door.

There was a large free car park next to the hotel and check-in was extremely friendly and efficient. All the staff we met greeted us very professionally. In fact as we arrived we were treated to a harpist and a red carpet as there was a wedding party just arriving.

Our room was situated in the annex part of the hotel and we weren't disappointed. The room was beautifully done out and very well equipped with everything we needed and more! There were some lovely personal touches. The room had free unlimited wi-fi.

During our 8 days in Scotland this was not the dearest hotel we stayed in but was by far the best and we would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel. I am glad to read you found the accommodation to your satisfaction. I hope you we have the pleasure of you staying with us again on your next trip round Scotland.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here whilst on our tour of Scotland and everything was first class. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room had good facilities and was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The food was delicious for both evening meals and breakfasts in a very relaxed atmosphere. The grounds were beautiful and well kept .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind review and i am glad you found your stay here relaxed and to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We were married at Western House in February this year. We had the most amazing day. The Staff at Western House are simply the most professional, friendly and helpful team. The hotel itself is stunning, warm and welcoming. We returned for our 6 month anniversary stay and we were allocated Room 112, in the Main House. Beautifully appointed room with views of the fountain. We had a delicious meal in the Jockey Club restaurant courtesy of Jean and Laura from the Wedding Team. Thank you Ladies. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you indeed for the very warm review regarding your return stay here at Western House Hotel. I have passed on your comments to Jean and Laura and we look forward to your return visit.

General Manager.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ive recently spent this night at this hotel as I was attending a wedding.

A nice fountain directly outside hotel was very pretty. At a first glance I was slightly dissapointed that the courtyard room I had booked was part of a separate Annex outside the hotel. However when I checked in and got to my room there was nothing that I could complaint about. Fantastic room, large beds, large bathroom.

One gripe I do have was that I had to wait until approx 4pm before I could check into my room, we had been advised that we would be seated in the main ballroom at around 4.15pm so I felt at though the rooms should have been ready for the wedding guests arriving at 3.

Food was fantastic at the wedding reception and drinks were reasonably priced.

Scottish breakfast in the morning was also yummy.

I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind review and kind comments.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in servicing your room. We are always very keen to get the rooms serviced as soon as possible. This however all relies on our guests checking out on time or early so we can get in to service the rooms. Unfortunately on this occasion the rooms were very late checking out and no matter how hard we tried we could not turn the rooms round as quickly as we would have liked.

Malcolm Balish

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Savoy Park Hotel
#8 of 17 in Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
#9 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Western House Hotel? Share your experiences!