“Beautiful place”

Western House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here while passing through Prestwik and absolutely loved it. The rooms are great, the grounds are beautiful and the dining is superb. It's a short walk to the town center for entertainment. Would have loved to seen a race while here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GRWLR51
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind remarks and I do hope you come and stay with us when we have racing on to extend your experience here at Western House Hotel.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Have stayed here many times in the courtyard rooms which are always clean with king size beds .The staff are well trained and pleasant and the car park is large.Breakfast is always good.My only complaint was the carpet in room 208 which was heavily stained in front of the tv unit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and the kind comments you have made.

We are in the process of changing all of the carpets in the courtyard rooms and please accept my apologies for the stain in your room .

I do hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Came here for my partners birthday and had a fantastic stay. Food was delicious and staff were brilliant. We stayed in the courtyard rooms which were spacious and lovely. Will definitely consider going back again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review about your stay. I am glad you found the food , service and quality of the bedroom to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

we stayed for two nights in a courtyard room,which was a really lovely room,it was nice and quiet. had nice touches a massive bed,with also a single if needed,If I had to find any fault,it would be that the pillows were hard,but its only because I prefer soft pillows,I would recommend staying here,the staff are welcoming,polite,and helpful.Will certainly hope to stay again.

Room Tip: courtyard room was quiet,even though we were beside the road,many people may prefer this as maybe th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very kind remarks regarding your stay and the staff.
We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking for the night before a flight . Lovely hotel in beautiful grounds, staff could not be more friendly and helpful, special thanks to Naomi and Alison.
This will be our hotel of choice when flying from Prestwick

• Stayed: August 2014
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and we will look forward to your next stop over!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night and the last night for the Commonwealth games. The hotel is within walking distance to the train station (we drove as we came back late at night). The rooms are spacious and have many facilities throughout. Breakfast was good except almost everything had to be ordered and service was very slow, but in all brilliant hotel that is adjacent to Ayr racecourse and close to the town centre.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WesternHouse014, General Manager at Western House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay here at Western House Hotel, I hope you enjoyed the Commonwealth Games!
Please accept my apologies for the slow service for breakfast. We do still take orders for all breakfast items for a cooked breakfast and they are cooked to order to ensure you have the freshest breakfast to start your day off.
I hope this does not put you off coming back again and i hope you return to Western House in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip and after a few late nights at work followed by a drive to Ayr I was thrilled to what I thought would be a restful night's sleep.
Check in was smooth and good. We had booked two rooms.
My room was at the courtyard - it was excellent I couldn't complain as it was large spacious.
It was a nice sunny day - as I sat outside and enjoyed a glass of bubbly. Service was good the grounds were lovely. Had dinner menu -extensive.

When I had my head down to rest that is when it all went wrong. I could hear the room next door almost the whole night.I heard their TV, Even when I had to get up at 5.30 am for work ! I heard their muffled voices. My room was at the entrance and exit of my floor and every time someone walked in or our i could hear them and the door.

I also felt there should have been mineral water bottles. It was a rather hot day.
Also breakfast should be included for the prices the rooms are sold for.
These few months my company has been and is doing some work in Ayr and would I return maybe yes if the hotel can promise a restful sleep where I don't hear the neighbors! Otherwise, great and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rietva R

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and i was glad to read you found the staff and service to your satisfaction, the grounds at the hotel are stunning and on such a lovely day as you describe there is not a better place to stay.
I was sorry to read you were unhappy that there was no mineral water in the room, our doorman or any of the staff would have brought you water across to your room on request especially on such a nice warm day, please do not hesitate to ask the next time you stay with us,
As for the breakfast the rate booked was a room only and the reception staff should have made you aware of this at check in , I apologise if this was not the case and will ensure our staff make all guests of the booking made on check in.

Thank you again and i do hope we have the pleasure of you staying again in the near future.

Malcolm Balish

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Savoy Park Hotel
#7 of 17 in Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
Travelodge Ayr
#9 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Western House Hotel? Share your experiences!