“Great value”

Ranked #32 of 61 Ayr B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here. The room each time has been spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is copious and very tasty. Parking is free and the property is within 5 minutes walk of Ayr High Street. The welcome is always warm and attuned to local events. This must be one of my favourite B*Bs in terms of value for money and comfort of stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cmd2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Fabulous house in very nice part of Ayr. Booked double room as on honeymoon but got twin beds pushed together yet still made up as singles and not secured together. When we asked to move room we were told there were no double beds on premises but discovered as we left after one night there are at least two. Breakfast not great, black pudding came out still wrapped in plastic and tea & coffee very weak. Owners were on holiday and had not done themselves any favours entrusting their business to this person.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lotty47
Sidcup
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

Beautiful old-fashioned guest house. Huge rooms and very comfortable beds. Breakfast cooked by mine host was lovely.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
new york, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

I stayed here for a night and the first thing Morna did was to take one look at my husband's height and make sure we were in a bed without a footboard to assure his/our comfort. They made us a reservation at a restaurant in Ayr for dinner upon arrival as well. Otherwise, it couldn't have been been easier to get around Ayr (and Scotland) from there. They are located a short walk to the train station, the beach and the high street. Additionally, the breakfast was delicious, the shower was strong and the bed was comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
perth, scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

My daughter booked this online for myself and my husband (we are both in our 70's) for 7 days and what a lovely surprise the description on the website was excellent, both Bob & Morna made our stay unforgettable what with their rare breakfasts that my husband enjoyed every morning and their spotless rooms with lovely furnished beds they couldn't do enough for us, they even gave my husband a pack of black pudding to take home with him!!!! such a special touch......They are very hardworking people and nothing is too much trouble - we will both be returning again and again. Overall the best experience we have ever had.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joycepurves
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

The welcome was warm, the bedroom we chose was a delight, the ensuite bathroom was spotless and huge, the breakfast was excellent (brown bread to die for!) and we were thoroughly satisfied by the way the owners went the extra mile for us when I found I had left something behind. We couldn't fault this beautiful home in any way.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
mornaAyr, owner at Langley Bank Guest House, responded to this review, 4 April 2009
Thank you very very much - delighted you enjoyed your visit and the bread!
Kintytre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

I was extremely disapoointed in this Guest House. We arrived on a very wet dismal day, and the reception from the owner was to match. At 5pm, she said she wasn't expecting us "so early", showed us to our rooms then disappeared till next morning.
The entrance to the Guest House was not lit and we missed it 3 times. The rooms were dimly lit, and dreary in decor.
My room, which was en-suite, was on the first floor. Unfortunately the other 2 rooms were not, and the residents spent the entire night tramping noisily back and forth to the communal toilet.
The doors creaked and banged, and the sound proofing is non existant.
When I told the owner at breakfast, she said she hadn't heard anything as she had been very tired.
I suggested she re-name the Guest House "Nessun Dorma"
I will not return nor be recommending it to any friends.

Marilyn Shedden.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
mornaAyr, owner at Langley Bank Guest House, responded to this review, 20 February 2009
I am most upset by this review especially the the complainant's rooms and cleanliness ratings. We take pride in being Visit Scotland four star rated. This award is not achieved by having dreary decor and the inspection had taken place only 21 days previous to the ladies visit. Unfortuately it was dismal wet evening on which the complainant and her mother arrived and equally unfortunate was the meaning she took out of my greeting to them re arriving early. Considering that their estimated time of arrival was between 6pmand 7pm and because they were driving a considerable distance on B roads on such a night what I meant was that they had made good time as they had indeed arrived earlier than their ETA. All our guests are completely welome in our home and without fail are told if they wish any information or anything at all that all they have to do is ask. It is our policy not to encroach on anyone's privacy.
Should anyone at any time have a complaint I should appreciate being informed there and then. The dimly lit rooms could have been rectified immediately as the switches are dimmer switches for the preferences of all guests. We have five ensuite rooms plus a communal toilet. Use of the communal toilet is outwith my control.
My husband served breakfast to the ladies and the only complaint the lady had was to me about the noise and this was when she came to pay the bill just before she was leaving . Our other guests that night were a party of men so her complaint about noise was probably justified.
I am very sorry she was unhappy.