Brig O Doon Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ayr
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsburns monumentburns nightwedding venuehouse hotelrobbie burnsbeautiful hotelamazing weddingbay windowsticky toffee puddingfirst classburns cottagehotel for dinnervisited this hotelhoneymoon suitewedding guestswedding receptionmy mum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Attended this venue as a wedding guest, did not stay due to lack of a room available.
Decor as expected for traditional scottish hotel, tartan galore. The banqueting room was superb loved the staircase.
Food and service were excellent.
Inclement weather prevented me from seeing the gardens though I heard they were beautiful.
Would like to return one day overnight to see rooms etc.
If you were planning a wedding I don't think you could pick a better venue anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank hmbpaisley
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were invited as whole day guests to Brig O Doon house and a fantastic day was had by all.

The weekend was a spectacularly rare sunny day in Scotland which let us all take advantage of the absolutely wonderful gardens that Brig O Doon have. The staff were very attentive with champagne top ups and canape service even in the sweltering heat. All of Costley and Costley premises have wonderful gardens but the Brig O Doon gardens are larger and with the river running through its a truly breath taking experience and great back drop for photographs.

Dinner was a very well organised affair and the quality of the mass produced food was really very high indeed. The serving staff were fast and friendly and handled a few at our table who at the last minute decided they would prefer a vegetarian course etc...

The venue itself is large and spectacularly finished and the bar was fast though i noticed prices have risen a bit since the last wedding i was at here, though they are not prohibitive like other venues.

I cant recommend Brig O Doon enough having been a patron at weddings and withing the restaurant and smaller more casual sandwich shop.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I try with all my Tripadvisor reviews to be as honest and open minded as possible. In this case I am biased because my son got married there last week and it was the most beautiful event. It was made even better because the weather broke and in the midst of a rainy spell we had a lovely sunny day - making the venue and the wedding even more stunning. My wife and myself, along with many of the guests we spoke to, all agreed it was the best wedding we have ever attended.
It is hard for me to use words to describe how beautiful the day was at this stunning location and certainly for a wedding The Brig o'Doon must be one of the best locations in the UK - Westminster Abbey excluded of course, lol. I will add that although the main building is appropriately superb for a wedding the gardens are also a delight - weather permitting - and this is a critical point. The food served was surprisingly delicious, not at all like the normal volume fare that is served at such occasions - we all enjoyed it very much.
If I had to make a criticism, and this is really nit-picking - I would say that the rooms within the hotel are not to my personal taste and the bed was not the most comfortable. But after such a wonderful day and much celebration it was hardly noticed.
All in all, well done Brig o' Doon you made the day wonderful

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you are down in Ayrshire this is an excellant hotel to go for a lovely meal and the surroundings are so beautiful. The staff are very attentive and the prices you would expect to be pricey, but not so. I have been on several occassions and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

As of this week, I have attended three weddings here and it has delivered every time. The location is amazing with the river & Tam O'Shanter bridge right outside. Of course, Burns cottage and museum are close by too. The decor is a little kitsch but, hey, it is inkeeping with the Scottish/Burns theme. Service is always spot on and the food a good standard. The little cafe, which we visited the next day, is spot on too. One the best venues I have been to in Scotland for weddings.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family